• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I bought the OEM Nissan kit specifically for the Elgrand and as per the picture I posted in this thread on the last page. My total costs including shipping and having it fitted were £460 which for a Proper Nissan kit is excellent. I bought it off a company in Australia who supply them. Mike Sandham is his name and I will get you the details if you like.
Sounds good value, think i’ve read About the kit from Australia, finding someone to fit it local to me is my only concern.

Sounds good value, think i’ve read About the kit from Australia, finding someone to fit it local to me is my only concern.
It is an easy job for any competent auto electrician matey. I would highly recommend this kit too over any other aftermarket kit as its specific to the E51 and plugs straight in to the cars factory wiring loom where as an aftermarket kit does not and will be hacked in which could over time cause issues of indeed play up with the vehicles canbus system. Better safe than sorry I say;)

Hi all, we are Mark and Jude. New to the forum here and we are picking up our 2003 Elgrand today! It's very exciting. Looking to convert it for camping eventually.

Hi all, we are Mark and Jude. New to the forum here and we are picking up our 2003 Elgrand today! It's very exciting. Looking to convert it for camping eventually.
Welcome Mark & Jude, who and where are you buying from and which specific model have you bought???

Hi Brendan, we have bought a white E51 XL. We especially liked the twin sunroofs. This is the start of the adventure. Just been down the beach and had a sit and discussion about what we will do with it. We bought it from a dealer in Swansea called Glc Autos.

Hi Brendan, we have bought a white E51 XL. We especially liked the twin sunroofs. This is the start of the adventure. Just been down the beach and had a sit and discussion about what we will do with it. We bought it from a dealer in Swansea called Glc Autos.
Hi, enjoy your new ride and in the summer you will have full use of those 2 sunroofs too. Sounds like a decent dealer and they have been round for a while. Did you not like the black one they had???

Today i had my new camber mounts adjusted, have 2.6 degrees camber at drive height and now almost 5 degrees when aired down. tyres no longer foul the arch when slammed. drop brackets on tomorrow and the final cusco brace.

Yes Brendan we did, but just missed out on it. When he told me that he said he had just had this one in so we went for it. I think I now prefer the white.

Yes Brendan we did, but just missed out on it. When he told me that he said he had just had this one in so we went for it. I think I now prefer the white.
My first one was white ( E50 HW/Star model ) and I loved it but now I'm all Black/Chrome with a splash of Red.;). TBF GLC had had that black one in since early last year @ 10k and it was only an early S1 too. I also think they have very recently changed the wheels on it and removed the chrome door trims off it to try and make it look more appealing thus sell. I was gonna look at it TBH myself but I got a much better deal @ WRM instead with a later model too and a far better spec.

Enjoy your new ride.

And we've still not got a video...

Does it sound good without any boxes?
Iv had my e51 decatted and had the big middle box replaced for a small one gotta day it sounds sexy at low revs but very drowning on the motorway but it sounds like a beast makes me smile every time I pull up somewhere 😁

Iv had my e51 decatted and had the big middle box replaced for a small one gotta day it sounds sexy at low revs but very drowning on the motorway but it sounds like a beast makes me smile every time I pull up somewhere 😁
Ive had exactly the same done to mine too along with a K&N panel filter in the airfilter box.

I love the sound of mine as it now sounds like a V6 should do and with my recently fitted OEM cruise control kit she purred away down the M4 the other day set @ 65mph. I get what you mention about the droning sound but that's comes with a zorst mod anyway buddy.

We are planning a long drive up to Manchester soon so I will be able to see just how good she is on the fuel now via my fuel computer which I know how to use now via my little book of translations.:p.

Before my zorst box and CC mods I got 9.6kpl on the M5 @ 70mph so I am hoping now it will well exceed that figure.

I don’t worry about fuel had mine converted to Lpg as I use it as a daily car cut my fuel costs in half gotta say sounds nice when you blast it through the gears down a stretch off dual carriage way

I will try and but a post on my YouTube and but the link on but will be when the snow clears off as my motor needs washing 🙈
Good man. Over the last couple of weeks I have been researching the possibility of having mine rolling road tuned with some power unlocked but pretty much most of the tuners either cannot do it or those that can are saying the gains are not really worth it for the cost it costs to make it happen so I think I will have a chat with Brian @ BMR about having one of his throttle controllers fitted instead. I am not really after more power if I am honest but I just want to make the vehicle shift abit quicker and feel as though it is too. Don't get me wrong, she is quick already but if I can squeeze a bit more I will.

Good man. Over the last couple of weeks I have been researching the possibility of having mine rolling road tuned with some power unlocked but pretty much most of the tuners either cannot do it or those that can are saying the gains are not really worth it for the cost it costs to make it happen so I think I will have a chat with Brian @ BMR about having one of his throttle controllers fitted instead. I am not really after more power if I am honest but I just want to make the vehicle shift abit quicker and feel as though it is too. Don't get me wrong, she is quick already but if I can squeeze a bit more I will.

Love my D1 Spec Throttle Controller @Brendan1969 its well worth the money. This was an old thread I posted a while back:

http://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/d1spec-throttle-controller-installed-on-my-e51.4544/

I will try and but a post on my YouTube and but the link on but will be when the snow clears off as my motor needs washing 🙈

@Karl, @MrRob_in @Madfish and the other forum staff Is there anyway of making it possible to post videos/sound files directly to the forum rather than having to upload to youtube first, I think it would be very useful to all members. What do you think?

@Karl, @MrRob_in @Madfish and the other forum staff Is there anyway of making it possible to post videos/sound files directly to the forum rather than having to upload to youtube first, I think it would be very useful to all members. What do you think?
Don't you have to be a fully paid £12 member to be able to do this Richard??? Cheap at half the price and it supports the club too. WIN WIN

Don't you have to be a fully paid £12 member to be able to do this Richard??? Cheap at half the price and it supports the club too. WIN WIN

When you are a fully paid member you can then post pictures directly but as far as I know you cannot upload MP4's/sound files unless its a link directly from your youtube channel.

Back