• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can I convert the screens to English?

oh god, my hero, i wish i could do that myself.... photos really appreciated Keith... cant wait to see it finished...

oh god, my hero, i wish i could do that myself.... photos really appreciated Keith... cant wait to see it finished...
Stripping out buttons and fitting uk one is not a easy job
5B973D98-47AE-4188-BF91-9A101BB75BCC.jpeg

Buttons stripped out of one control panel that I bought from the USA and fitted into the original Elgrand control panel as the fixing points were not the same and would not screw into place as I said this was not easy to do.
11F43B64-3EB6-4A02-B279-FC98AD698003.jpeg

This photo shows that the one closest to the camera has three fixing points along the top. The other one that I bought for the uk buttons has a fixing at both ends on the top. This one does not fix into the Elgrand S3 audio dash
60559EEC-8774-40C0-814B-A088BD5D02D9.jpeg
07D2EF60-A0F6-4888-A46F-F7B8799ED53A.jpeg

I bet that was a right pain in the rear end, i expect if you had taken it out prior to doing job you could have tried to match the part numbers?

I bet that was a right pain in the rear end, i expect if you had taken it out prior to doing job you could have tried to match the part numbers?
The problem is that the part number for the control panel that for a S3 Elgrand only comes with Japanese buttons. The part I bought to get the all buttons that I needed the main body part is not the same shape. So that’s why I had to swap out the buttons.to strip both panels down and remove the buttons was a very tricky job as the buttons lock in place on tabs what I thought would take 10 min was 2 hours

Oh god, what a performance... i thought the kit came with the English buttons, the video indicates it does...

Oh god, what a performance... i thought the kit came with the English buttons, the video indicates it does...

It normally does come with the buttons, but they could not get them at the time as they were on back order at Nissan, because I wanted the unit sending plus the buttons were a extra £150 and I thought that was a lot for bits of plastic.

£150 jesus, so what did the control panel cost you instead?

that beats the £150... I am beginning to see why there are not as many having it done... your one of the pioneers Keith.. like I said I have OCD on stuff like this, and as much as I love the Elgrand, this is the one element that drives me nuts about it...

that beats the £150... I am beginning to see why there are not as many having it done... your one of the pioneers Keith.. like I said I have OCD on stuff like this, and as much as I love the Elgrand, this is the one element that drives me nuts about it...

Also the £150 come off the price of the unit so I was quite happy about sorting the buttons myself

Your like me then. It just has to be right

I’m watching this with great interest. It is one of the things I don’t like as well.

Honestly, it actually annoys me when folk disparage the view that we would want it correct...
Everyone is allowed an opinion and I 100% get how many can live with it with a few modifications or work around's..

Isnt that what most of us do anyway, hell ive shown above how I live with it, but I would much rather get it done and look like yours is going to look like Keith, the only and probably most significant factor to me is the cost of doing the job...

wow my finger was actually hovering over the button, then my wife slapped some sense into me!! lol

Oh and my post count is definitely not going up each post @Karl lol 95 for 4 posts in a row lol

wow my finger was actually hovering over the button, then my wife slapped some sense into me!! lol

Is the cost that bad? If you need everything in English I think it's ok, you could spend £400 on a UK double din alone, and it still wouldn't give you half the functions this system does.

Back