• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can I convert the screens to English?

Not sure about series 3 as I believe they have a hard drive. Somebody here will know.

That would be why I cant find it or turn it off then lol hense my facebook post on the subject..

A series 3 does not have a disk player for the nav. It’s built into the software of the car.

yeah and its a complete pain in the arse...

But the Series 3 E51 CAN be converted to English. It's not cheap, but means you don't have to replace any hardware! I think the going rate at the moment is around the £1000 mark.

But for that money, you get a completely stock system that works. Great for those who don't want their car to look like an aftermarket car parts bin. lol

But the Series 3 E51 CAN be converted to English. It's not cheap, but means you don't have to replace any hardware! I think the going rate at the moment is around the £1000 mark.

But for that money, you get a completely stock system that works. Great for those who don't want their car to look like an aftermarket car parts bin. lol
and yet when I look into it nobody anywhere seems to have the full info or where and how you get it done, yes i have looked but info even on this forum seems scetchy at best, and its best part of £1000!! not cheap... even if i could find out where and how to get it done...

and yet when I look into it nobody anywhere seems to have the full info or where and how you get it done, yes i have looked but info even on this forum seems scetchy at best, and its best part of £1000!! not cheap... even if i could find out where and how to get it done...

It's not something that I have personally looked into, but I've seen it floating around. The most common reference to it is in the ElgrandOC Marketplace, I believe the conversion is done by a Russian company.

Yes, as you say, it's not cheap. It would be cheaper to rip it out and replace the hardware with UK Spec stuff. Just depends if you want to go down that route or not. The joys of owning a JDM car :)

So in the meantime I use the Elgrand decal I designed, as a Screen Splash saves me looking at the bloody map of japan and calms my OCD a wee bit lol
Elgrand screen splash (3).jpg
Elgrand screen splash (1).jpg

I don't believe there is a disk on S3 mate.
yeah I sort of gathered that, hard drive I presume, we discuss above... but its annoying in one sense, hopeful in the next, but like I mention to Karl who the hell know how to sort it out! apart from anecdotal evidence to suggest that some Russian firm can convert it all for £1000 hardy a ringing endorsement for getting the job sorted.....

I have this conversion bought for our project S3 Elgrand I just need time to fit it. I even have English buttons to fit.

I think there are a few of us with series 3 who are waiting to see what happens when teamcowie installs his.
I agree that the information is a little vague. When you look at the e bay link for it it doesn’t really say what won’t work when it’s done.
I also haven’t seen anyone else that’s bought one

I have this conversion bought for our project S3 Elgrand I just need time to fit it. I even have English buttons to fit.
So where, when,how, from who and how much lol

So where, when,how, from who and how much lol
video can be seen here on this unit working this is from the company on eBay. I bought it off of eBay for a bit less still paid through PayPal. I believe the only thing that won’t work is the mpg I think it’s been ages since I spoke to them.

I think there are a few of us with series 3 who are waiting to see what happens when teamcowie installs his.
I agree that the information is a little vague. When you look at the e bay link for it it doesn’t really say what won’t work when it’s done.
I also haven’t seen anyone else that’s bought one
or more importantly see it working on one of the members Elgrands... I imagine if its done right (sales and marketing and cost effective) then there could possible be a decent market for having the conversion done... but if thats the case why are firms and there are a few on here buying the kit/conversion and offering the service? To me it just doesn't add up yet...! oh how I wish it did...:worried:

or more importantly see it working on one of the members Elgrands... I imagine if its done right (sales and marketing and cost effective) then there could possible be a decent market for having the conversion done... but if thats the case why are firms and there are a few on here buying the kit/conversion and offering the service? To me it just doesn't add up yet...! oh how I wish it did...:worried:

A dealer won’t pay a £1000 to get audio working as that’s eating into profit. At Elgrand campers I say if your going to do something do it right first time.

Theres a member from the Bristol area. He imports them and says he can convert an e52 into English. I believe the series 3 e51 is the same so I would imagine he could do it. Annoyingly I can't remember the members name.

video can be seen here on this unit working this is from the company on eBay. I bought it off of eBay for a bit less still paid through PayPal. I believe the only thing that won’t work is the mpg I think it’s been ages since I spoke to them.

there is absolutely no doubt thats the solution I want, but until someone actually offers it for sale and fitting then I dont see how its viable yet?

there is absolutely no doubt thats the solution I want, but until someone actually offers it for sale and fitting then I dont see how its viable yet?
£1200 supplied and fitted you come to me and 50% deposit as it takes 2 weeks from placing order

I mean there is no chance on earth I could buy that and ever even remotely have a chance of fitting it all myself? It needs someone actively offering the service... I bet there would be a fair few off us have it done or at the very least consider it, if the costs were reasonable... I cant even find an active list for it for sale...

Back