• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can I convert the screens to English?

Only a system on e bay at £800 and it’s from Estonia

I guess I'll just have to learn Japanese :p

numpty question ( tried google 1st) when did series 3 come in and what distinguishing features has it got? :) many thanks.

The main difference with the 2007 onwards Series 3 infotainment system It has touch screen menus - not joystick control. It has Music Box HDD music library, Compact Flash, DVD, CD and Bluetooth connectivity. The control panel looks similar to other Nissan models available in the UK - 350Z , Navara, Murano etc. A couple of years ago someone on here tried to pull the guts out of a UK market vehicle and implant it into an Elgrand S3 and failed.

The Series 3 control of Navigation, camera control etc is all in the head unit ( not separate as in S1 and S2 ) so you lose quite a lot of features if you remove the factory head unit and replace with an off the shelf stereo. The CD player in mine failed so I bought another one from Japan and transplanted the broken bits. None of those buttons and switches are actually mounted on the control box, they are just plug in controls on a fake front panel. The box is , - well just a metal box with connectors on the back and a slot for the CD in the front.

BUT - I like the Series 3 system, apart from the useless GPS which is redundant with Smart phones anyway The menu's are very easy to navigate and does everything I need it so I am happy with it as-is.

Elgrand console.JPG

Last edited:
There is a system available to buy for around £1000 plus off ebay and from Australia which is type specific for the S3 model E51's. I reckon it would be well worthy of the spend if it does actually does what it says it does.
Is this still available on EBay.? What would I search for? Thanks.

There is a system available to buy for around £1000 plus off ebay and from Australia which is type specific for the S3 model E51's. I reckon it would be well worthy of the spend if it does actually does what it says it does.

Where do I find this in EBay please?

It’s item number 173011796701
I’ve been watching kit for a while but I don’t know of anyone who has fitted it. I also think that using it looses some of the Elgrand features but I don’t know what

I read a thread a few weeks ago on here where someone was ordering this kit, maybe try searching for it. I guess 4 weeks ago at most.

Hi All,

I have scanned all the responses to this thread & im slightly confused. I have a 53 plate E51, now I understand the display can’t be transferred into English, however the Sat Nav system is just a dvd disc, does that mean I can simply get a UK disc or do I need to replace the whole nine yards?? I’d like to be able to use the front screen for the Sat Nav and the roof screen for the kids dvd’s. Is this at all possible??

Thank you for any help.

There's no UK map disc available for the system, it's really pretty useless in the uk as a DVD player as it also only plays region 2 NTSC format discs, so very limited choice.. If you want Sat Nav and DVD built in you will need to fit a new head unit with those features.

I have emailed Cartronics in Byfleet , Surrey to see if they do anything

Hi All,

I have scanned all the responses to this thread & im slightly confused. I have a 53 plate E51, now I understand the display can’t be transferred into English, however the Sat Nav system is just a dvd disc, does that mean I can simply get a UK disc or do I need to replace the whole nine yards?? I’d like to be able to use the front screen for the Sat Nav and the roof screen for the kids dvd’s. Is this at all possible??

Thank you for any help.

Look at the How to section of the forum there's a great thread on there about installing a new double din head unit and getting it to display on the front screen, which would mean you can run a sat nav app.

The other option is Miracast or similar.

I have emailed Cartronics in Byfleet , Surrey to see if they do anything
One of the dealers on here was working on a conversion for E52's and having some success I believe.

Where do I find the Sat Nav disc for the Japanese sat nave anyway? i saw on the facebook page someone just removed the disc to stop the Japanese Sat Nav displaying?

There's no UK map disc available for the system, it's really pretty useless in the uk as a DVD player as it also only plays region 2 NTSC format discs, so very limited choice.. If you want Sat Nav and DVD built in you will need to fit a new head unit with those features.

Depends on model. Some are at the bottom of the centre console and some in the glove box area.

E51 2008 series 3 and I cant find it lol

Back