• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can I convert the screens to English?

i didn't I was talking about the big white box lol i bet some of the buttons dont work on the jap version anyway, or have I got the wrong end of the stick...

the white box thing holds wires inside it and it clips onto the frame that holds the unit in place

that makes sense.... how you sorting the button issue...?

that makes sense.... how you sorting the button issue...?
Well i thought right that the buttons are not made in english for this control panel, i also called them to ask and they said send buttons and they will repaint and put stickers on for $100

think i will try and come up with something myself

keith

So the button works? but it says the wrong thing on each button? is that what you mean... the photo as the buttons with the wrong names on each buttom, did you replace the control panel from the one you bought or just the buttons on to the old one...

how about re-spraying them in total with a stencil in place ( say vinyl) saying the correct function, then peal of the vinyl stencil to reveal the correct words, dry run with the Jap buttons you already have...?

So the button works? but it says the wrong thing on each button? is that what you mean... the photo as the buttons with the wrong names on each buttom, did you replace the control panel from the one you bought or just the buttons on to the old one...
yes all the buttons work i think, just that they are worded wrong, the video that i watched had a panel the same as mine before they changed the buttons bit annoying moved buttons from the one i bought to the one i took out as the new one does not fit into the dash

how about re-spraying them in total with a stencil in place ( say vinyl) saying the correct function, then peal of the vinyl stencil to reveal the correct words, dry run with the Jap buttons you already have...?

thats what i am thinking need to find very small vinyl letters

you may see on some of my other posts I am a enthusiastic Amature designer, all the gear and no idea lol, but yes I can cut you those no problem...

only button that does not work is the carwings one i think they say that on they site

you may see on some of my other posts I am a enthusiastic Amature designer, all the gear and no idea lol, but yes I can cut you those no problem...

ok well i have the buttons sitting here and i know what needs to be where

only button that does not work is the carwings one i think they say that on they site
in a way it works as a way of turning of the screen when a video is playing, when you press that one what happens, we can come up with a word for it so it looks better lol

in a way it works as a way of turning of the screen when a video is playing, when you press that one what happens, we can come up with a word for it so it looks better lol

Not sure if you can see but nothing is right not even close
9BAA118B-30F5-4778-89EC-41AC6F6F9A18.jpeg
0FB7CF71-53EF-43E8-89DB-F8DEE71BFF67.jpeg

we can take this to a conversation/ message bud, i cant read most off that... sorry..

i will do a blank version photo of mine...

Here you go, i will send it you too..
centre console control panel blank.jpg

Obviously we have to sort out the size and font etc, i will use best font to suit the size we settle on, because at that size they will end up very fiddly to weed (cut and then remove from backing) but I will let you measure the size of the ones you have and I will mock it up to see if it works before I cut anything...

Are the buttons backlit?

Hi Chris no they are not backlit they have been laser engraved if i hold a button up to the light a can see through the wording

Hi Chris no they are not backlit they have been laser engraved if i hold a button up to the light a can see through the wording

So the writing needs to be transparent?

Back