• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Nearly three weeks ago now, my mother (79) unfortunately fell over ( i still don't know if she tripped over or collapsed ).

The fall has sadly broken her hip and she has undergone surgery and now has three titainium screws holding the bone back together and she seems to be recovering well . ( hence why I've not been on the club lately)

Incidentally, the first i heard about the incident was when she was in the back of the ambulance being treated by paramedics and she said "my son works for the ambulance service " the crew member said what's his name ? As soon as my mum said my name , it transpired that they were my paramedic friends and contacted me immediately . ( what's the chances of that ? )😂

The hospital gave her a zimmer frame to aid recovery and keep her mobile etc . I have now purchased her a better model Zimmer frame , the type with wheels / brakes on each leg and a handy padded seat built in the middle .
I contacted the hospital to return the original Zimmer frame, only to be told that the item of equipment was single use only and I should dispose of it !!!!

WTF !!! This brand new medical device was handed to my mother who has used it only for a short time indoors. The rubber anti-slip pads at the bottom of each leg are unmarked and the aluminium and steel construction of the frame still look absolutely fantastic and this robust product could go on to aid another hundred patients, yet I've been told to dispose of this expensive aid ?????

WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY !!!!

I could not bare to throw this perfectly functional medical aid away, so after a quick clean with a clinical wipe and being familiar to hospital layout , i decided to return this item anyway. The Zimmer frame was placed in a certain area in the hope that this aid could be used again ?
So sorry to read this @Nathane69 hope your mum is on the mend😊 I had to call for an ambulance last week, due to my husband not being able to breathe. The crew were phenomenal...at ours within minutes. I am eternally grateful for the job that you all do. We couldn't thank them enough. They said it was a change to come to a nice persons house, as they usually get abusive and nasty people. I can't understand that kind of behaviour from patients - the crew are there to help! Strange! But I hope your mum is doing well now.

So sorry to read this @Nathane69 hope your mum is on the mend😊 I had to call for an ambulance last week, due to my husband not being able to breathe. The crew were phenomenal...at ours within minutes. I am eternally grateful for the job that you all do. We couldn't thank them enough. They said it was a change to come to a nice persons house, as they usually get abusive and nasty people. I can't understand that kind of behaviour from patients - the crew are there to help! Strange! But I hope your mum is doing well now.
Magsy I am so sorry to hear about your Husband, that is ridiculously scary. Hope he is OK now. xxxxxxx

Magsy I am so sorry to hear about your Husband, that is ridiculously scary. Hope he is OK now. xxxxxxx
Thank you @Kermit he is doing ok....just a bit of a shock to the system for both of us! He just started choking over nothing! It happened in a split second....I have done a first aid course,but nothing prepared me for this! Panic kind of sets in, and that's the last thing to do! They wanted to keep him in for observations, but he was a bit reluctant. It just showed me that someone's life can change in an instant. Thank you so much for your concern.

Thank you @Kermit he is doing ok....just a bit of a shock to the system for both of us! He just started choking over nothing! It happened in a split second....I have done a first aid course,but nothing prepared me for this! Panic kind of sets in, and that's the last thing to do! They wanted to keep him in for observations, but he was a bit reluctant. It just showed me that someone's life can change in an instant. Thank you so much for your concern.
Yeah agree first aid trained or not, it's different when it's family isn't it. I decided to give up work to look after Mum who is disabled, one of her issues is breathing problems, really scary indeed. So glad he's OK, I bet you have so many special Xmas treats in store for him now lol.

Yeah agree first aid trained or not, it's different when it's family isn't it. I decided to give up work to look after Mum who is disabled, one of her issues is breathing problems, really scary indeed. So glad he's OK, I bet you have so many special Xmas treats in store for him now lol.
Lol XX he is so spoilt already! Lol

Wow scary biscuits. Glad he's on the mend and @Nathane69 hope all is well in your camp as well. Back when my wife and I had just found out she was pregnant with our now nearly 4 month old. The very next day she collapsed in the middle of the night and fell into the bedroom door and smashed 4 of her teeth. The bang woke me up and finding my Mrs on the floor was terrifying. So yes the ambulance service and paramedics are wonderful. Great people doing a difficult job made worse by them being stretch thin. I take my hat off to them.

Dear magsy,

How sorry i am to hear about your husband's breathing difficulty incident,
You did exactly the right thing in rendering aid / keeping calm and
calling for an ambulance. All calls are treated seriously but D. I. B.
(Difficulty in breathing) is regarded as a category "red one " and an ambulance / rapid response vehicle / motorcycle will be despatched immediately.
Crews will aim to get there as fast as road conditions will allow them, sometimes a lot faster than the eight minutes government guidelines.
You mentioned in another one of your posts to lovely Kermit, that you have had first aid training. Your training and the way you dealt with this situation was absolutely first class. ( if you need any further literature/ information sheets / how to charts ? ) please pm me and i will post some out to you F.o.c.

I'm sure this was just an isolated incident but would book Mr magsy in for an appointment at his/your Gp for peace of mind .

I hope he is recovering very well like my mother is thank you.

Kind regards, Nathan

Dear magsy,

How sorry i am to hear about your husband's breathing difficulty incident,
You did exactly the right thing in rendering aid / keeping calm and
calling for an ambulance. All calls are treated seriously but D. I. B.
(Difficulty in breathing) is regarded as a category "red one " and an ambulance / rapid response vehicle / motorcycle will be despatched immediately.
Crews will aim to get there as fast as road conditions will allow them, sometimes a lot faster than the eight minutes government guidelines.
You mentioned in another one of your posts to lovely Kermit, that you have had first aid training. Your training and the way you dealt with this situation was absolutely first class. ( if you need any further literature/ information sheets / how to charts ? ) please pm me and i will post some out to you F.o.c.

I'm sure this was just an isolated incident but would book Mr magsy in for an appointment at his/your Gp for peace of mind .

I hope he is recovering very well like my mother is thank you.

Kind regards, Nathan
@Nathane69 Thank you so much for your reassurance....I couldn't get him in to a GP immediately, the next available appointment is 3 December. I know it's a very long time away, but the paramedics said that if another incident happens again I am to call 999. Mr Magsy said afterwards that he felt like he was breathing his last...now that's scary! I will definitely PM you and gladly take you up on the offer of extra information. I have already completed a course in Common Health Conditions, and Mental Health Awareness, both level 2. I really enjoyed both courses, and if I can learn more, I will try! Thank you once again, and I am very pleased to hear that your mum is recovering well. That must have been worrying for you too.

On behalf of Mr Magsy and myself, we would like to thank you all for your genuine concern😊 it just shows that the forum isn't just about getting Elgrand advice and information, it's also a support network for those that need it too!

On behalf of Mr Magsy and myself, we would like to thank you all for your genuine concern😊 it just shows that the forum isn't just about getting Elgrand advice and information, it's also a support network for those that need it too!
You are so right, having gone through a bit of err let's say detritus over the past few months, this forum has really really helped take my mind of it. Lovely genuine people.

@Kermit I also have great admiration for carers like yourself who are under appreciated really. Hats off to you too!
Aww thanks, pop your hat back on though lol. It's not a full-time thing (yet!) just need to be about when she needs me and on her bad days. We're coming up to silly season though where she's usually in hospital for weeks and we all worry like mad. Fingers crossed it's a good year, past 3 have been awful.
If I tell you that the career I gave up was 'Estate Agent' maybe you'll get a more balanced view of me 🤣

@Nathane69 Thank you so much for your reassurance....I couldn't get him in to a GP immediately, the next available appointment is 3 December. I know it's a very long time away, but the paramedics said that if another incident happens again I am to call 999. Mr Magsy said afterwards that he felt like he was breathing his last...now that's scary! I will definitely PM you and gladly take you up on the offer of extra information. I have already completed a course in Common Health Conditions, and Mental Health Awareness, both level 2. I really enjoyed both courses, and if I can learn more, I will try! Thank you once again, and I am very pleased to hear that your mum is recovering well. That must have been worrying for you too.

Dear magsy,

You are more than welcome.

I'm sure it was just a one off incident and please try not to worry .

Dear Mr magsy sounds like he is in very good hands indeed with your outstanding training.
👍👍

That GP appointment does seem a trifle distant though (could you demand a closer one or maybe accept a short notice cancellation )

The paramedic who attended was absolutely spot on with his/ her recommendation of calling 999 without delay.

Thank you for your kind well wishes regarding my mother.

This is the great thing about this fantastic club ! It's full of very nice people indeed !

We are all here because we share a common intrest in our magnificent vehicles but we all help one another out in different ways.

And long may it continue too !
Kind regards, Nathan 👍

So sorry to hear about Mr @Magsy and hope he is back on his feet in no time :)
Thank you @Claptrap I really appreciate your kind words. It's a good excuse not to do the wallpapering! Lol some people will just try anything to get out of jobs!! Lol 😆

Aww thanks, pop your hat back on though lol. It's not a full-time thing (yet!) just need to be about when she needs me and on her bad days. We're coming up to silly season though where she's usually in hospital for weeks and we all worry like mad. Fingers crossed it's a good year, past 3 have been awful.
If I tell you that the career I gave up was 'Estate Agent' maybe you'll get a more balanced view of me 🤣
I have compromised....it's on at a jaunty angle ha ha😆

The reason I ask is I've had 2 blow outs before 1 in a sprinter van loaded to the max with band equipment whilst doing about 90 it was a right wrestle to get it over to the hard shoulder and not wipe every one out around me. The other was in a transit also loaded to the max with band equipment whilst doing about 80 and that was really easy to control. Both blowouts destroyed the rear drivers side tyre in seconds leaving just the rim for grip.
I had to wrestle a double blow out on a Honda Blackbird at 90mph, wooden sleeper in the middle of a dark unlit section of road just as I swung out to pass a car. It blew out both tyres and took out the bellypan, I stayed on!!20180119_192610.jpg20180119_192030.jpg

Back