• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Know exactly what you mean about tread depth, I've been known to buy part worns to match and as for blokes in tyre places...

According to them it had been run flat (which it hadn't) and sidewall was no good so they wanted huge money for a tyre they happened to have at the ready (it was an unusual size so I was highly suspicious). Said no thanks, when I left I checked the boot and they hadn't even put the wheel back in there then expected me to get it from the back of the workshop and wheel it across the car park and casually put the 20" wheel into the boot whilst dressed in my work suit. They hadn't even had the tyre off the rim, went elsewhere and they happily repaired it for £10.
Bloody hell fire!
What the heck is wrong with these people? This industry seems to attract some right dicks.

This reminds me, many moons ago when we had a Discovery, had a puncture, saw one of those A-Board things offering puncture repairs from £5 (If it seems to be to good to be true then it probably is!)
They said our tyre couldn't be fixed as it was in the side wall, we didn't check, stupidly just accepted their story. They said they had a part worn we could buy so we did, they fitted it and off we went.
Got on to the A38 and the car felt odd, pulled in to a lay-by checked the tyre and it was the wrong size!
We drove back, there was a different bloke there, we explained what had happened, he then went to his tyre storage place and said "Good news, we have the correct size tyre here"

Guess what?

It was our fecking tyre. They had lied, wasn't side wall, they'd repaired it and were going to re-sell it.

Absolute scum. We got a refund and our tyre back.

Will stick to F1Autocentres from now on.

Bloody hell fire!
What the heck is wrong with these people? This industry seems to attract some right dicks.

This reminds me, many moons ago when we had a Discovery, had a puncture, saw one of those A-Board things offering puncture repairs from £5 (If it seems to be to good to be true then it probably is!)
They said our tyre couldn't be fixed as it was in the side wall, we didn't check, stupidly just accepted their story. They said they had a part worn we could buy so we did, they fitted it and off we went.
Got on to the A38 and the car felt odd, pulled in to a lay-by checked the tyre and it was the wrong size!
We drove back, there was a different bloke there, we explained what had happened, he then went to his tyre storage place and said "Good news, we have the correct size tyre here"

Guess what?

It was our fecking tyre. They had lied, wasn't side wall, they'd repaired it and were going to re-sell it.

Absolute scum. We got a refund and our tyre back.

Will stick to F1Autocentres from now on.
Thats shocking:scream:

OMG, Forces TV are starting to show Space 1999.

Blast from the past.

Made me think of Gabrielle Drake, but then realised she was in UFO.

Martin Landau lasted well though, 89 when he went.

Made me think of Gabrielle Drake, but then realised she was in UFO.

Martin Landau lasted well though, 89 when he went.

View attachment 20015
89, better than a poke in the eye.

As a kid I used to be fascinated when that woman turned in to a bird.

#EasilyPleased

he's probably not too far up the evolutionary scale of ape to modern man and definitely a fully paid member of the flat earth society, t4,5 6 owners club too.

well i just popped to the shop and a guy in a T6 just went to wave at me:scream: and then changed his mind :rolleyes: he turned into some sort of brushing hair and looking down :dizzy:
Last time we were in our Ellie and a Transporter came towards us I am about 80% sure he gave us the w*nk*r sign. I'm hoping I am wrong though :confused:

Whilst driving at work last week a VW waved at me. I didn't wave back but instead looked at him like he was mental. Muhahahahaha. On a more pleasant side I was over taken by a tidy e50 he must have seen me checking it out in my mirror as I got wave as he passed. Woohoo. Yay. 👍

FFS, 11.20pm and some spaz is setting off fireworks.

Back