• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Wife is 50 next week so I asked her where she wanted to go for a long weekend, Paris, Prague, Barcelona, anywhere.
Fort William camping in the van just the two of us she said, result for me cheep and I get to drive the Elgrand for a few hundred miles.
So booked campsite £65 three nights with hookup all going well until Wednesday when mother in asked me for campsite Tel number as she is looking after the twins while we are away.
Thursday she phoned me to tell me she had called the campsite and cancelled our booking and had booked us into four star accommodation over looking loch Linnhe at fort William because her daughter was not staying at a campsite for her 50th,,,,,,,,,,,the what the fuck bit now,,,,,,,,,, then said here's the contact details to pay the £500 that I owe them,😮😖😤😠🤒

That said it is fucking amazing 😁

Wife is 50 next week so I asked her where she wanted to go for a long weekend, Paris, Prague, Barcelona, anywhere.
Fort William camping in the van just the two of us she said, result for me cheep and I get to drive the Elgrand for a few hundred miles.
So booked campsite £65 three nights with hookup all going well until Wednesday when mother in asked me for campsite Tel number as she is looking after the twins while we are away.
Thursday she phoned me to tell me she had called the campsite and cancelled our booking and had booked us into four star accommodation over looking loch Linnhe at fort William because her daughter was not staying at a campsite for her 50th,,,,,,,,,,,the what the fuck bit now,,,,,,,,,, then said here's the contact details to pay the £500 that I owe them,😮😖😤😠🤒

Good job you're a rich farmer 😉

Have a great time :)

FFS, I ordered them for Midnight!!!
Mate, I really wish you hadn't. I have a new rescue dog, he's panicking, don't expect it in June!
They're still going now. 😟

Compared to the THREE days and £1700 I was quoted by Cartronics to install the SAME double din unit in mine as 'Unique' fitted in less than 2 hours in both of our Ellies Robin thats probably not too bad lol

I emailed these Cartronics guys the following

"Just bought an Elgrand E51 and am looking to get an English language double din headunit installed. I'm looking for it to be integrated into the cars controls, have Bluetooth, DAB, and be excellent in terms of sound quality. Can you assist with this and if so what units do you recommend how long does it take and how much does it cost?"

Their reply:

"Allow one day for the install.

Costs are approx. £1800>£2200 depending on vehicle spec."

They seem like an expensive bunch! Its hard to know who to go to. Does anyone know somewhere good in the North?

I emailed these Cartronics guys the following

"Just bought an Elgrand E51 and am looking to get an English language double din headunit installed. I'm looking for it to be integrated into the cars controls, have Bluetooth, DAB, and be excellent in terms of sound quality. Can you assist with this and if so what units do you recommend how long does it take and how much does it cost?"

Their reply:

"Allow one day for the install.

Costs are approx. £1800>£2200 depending on vehicle spec."

They seem like an expensive bunch! Its hard to know who to go to. Does anyone know somewhere good in the North?

Installing a double din is really straight forward, it will cost the price of your double din, plug the cost of a few adaptors. You just need to read the right "how to" for your audio system on here.

I'm not sure why audio places are quoting hideous prices, I followed the guide on here and it took me an hour, and car audio is a dark art to me, so it's not like I knew what I was doing.

Enjoy your weekend lovely drive up to Fort William Happy birthday to your wife 🎉🎂

Proper hurts - heard it sizzle as well. And why is it always on the part that catches the chair when you sit down ????

Proper hurts - heard it sizzle as well. And why is it always on the part that catches the chair when you sit down ????
Other half burnt her shin on my hillman imp sports exhaust😢,still has the scar nearly 40 years on and often reminds me😉especially when i say I'm changing exhaust on something🔨🔩🔧

Back