• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Got to work this morning to find 2 armed response bmw's an unmarked bmw and this on the fence.
Drink driver came up the back street and tried to get through a disused gate and the fence into the school to get away.
Failed and the pair of them are now in custody.
Good job it was 5.30am and no kids were in.

Phew , 😌, been awarded a "stalker" alert - thought it meant I was the stalker !! ( only the occasional "flash" & "wave") 😁

Fucking fucknuggets at DVLA have decided my camper conversion is not a camper and the twatting little Hitler has changed the log book to Van with Side Windows, stupid fucking twat.
(I'm quite annoyed)

So you are now a fucking white van man 🙄

Some myopic old biddy decided she didn't want to wait for my wife to drive past a T junction before pulling out so rammed into the rear quarter of her car then said it was my wife's fault for not letting her out of the junction. No big damage to the Volvo as the wheel took the brunt but the old dears front bumper was a bit of a mess.

So you are now a fucking white van man 🙄

Well, having spent the last 20 minutes ripping some poor woman a new arsehole, she has agreed to change it back to what it was originally. She also advised me where to complain and let slip they had had hundreds of other rather angry camper van owners doing the same.

Policy has changed apparently, even though the govt website says I am legally required to change it to campervan, that is apparently negated by the fact there is a single line they have added saying it has to 'look like a motorhome'.
She said she hoped they may change it back if they get a lot of complaints....

Here is the website and section 2 is apparently superceded by the last sentence of paragraph 1.

/rant

Oh, and where I work, there are approx 40-50 office staff. There is ONE "throne" in the mens toilet.

It's ALWAYS engaged! Fuck sake. My bowels need to empty themselves, and I can never fucking go because some other fucker is always using it.
Had that problem in my old work office. And some grown fkin man was shitting half way up the wall too. I mean what the actual fuck is going through their head ( or out their ass) when they do that in an office toilet.

When I worked in an office I used to use the ladies in Tesco next door as they were always much cleaner unless I went before everyone else arrived but that was practically never as I wasn't known for being early.

Well, having spent the last 20 minutes ripping some poor woman a new arsehole, she has agreed to change it back to what it was originally. She also advised me where to complain and let slip they had had hundreds of other rather angry camper van owners doing the same.

Policy has changed apparently, even though the govt website says I am legally required to change it to campervan, that is apparently negated by the fact there is a single line they have added saying it has to 'look like a motorhome'.
She said she hoped they may change it back if they get a lot of complaints....

Here is the website and section 2 is apparently superceded by the last sentence of paragraph 1.

/rant

Well, they won't tell me the criterion they use to describe a motor caravan, utter bollocks, here is their answer for anyone that's interested:

"I can confirm that your vehicle has now been changed back to MPV with the different seating capacity of 5. Your V5 should be with you within the next few days but please allow up to 2 weeks delivery. The engineer’s report was sent back in a different envelope at the same time as the V5.

It is important that DVLA accurately describes the body type of a vehicle to reflect how it actually appears to the general public on the road and to assist the Police in identifying vehicles involved in criminal activity. The Agency receives many requests to change a vehicle’s body type to a motor home and these vehicles range in different shapes, sizes and have various distinguishing features, so we are unable to provide an exhaustive list of what we are looking for and can only provide a list of minimum features before we even consider changing the body type to Motor Home.

We have recently seen an increase in the number of applications to change the body type description on the Registration Certificate (V5C) to Motor Home/Caravan.

Whilst the interior of these vehicles may have been fitted with living facilities associated with a Motor Home/Caravan and meet an internal checklist, in the majority of cases the external appearance of the vehicle essentially remains how it was originally constructed.

We have reviewed the use of the body type descriptor ‘Motor Caravan’ in conjunction with the Police to ensure it accurately describes a vehicle externally. This means that a fitted internally with living facilities should be described by how the vehicle actually looks externally.

The various types of applications we receive are shared and considered amongst our colleagues to ensure some sort of consistency is maintained when accepting or rejecting applications. However, it is important to remember that even if the DVLA are unable to change the body type to Motor Home, you are still able to use the vehicle for this purpose."

Not sure how this works with insurance companies, or the police when you get some officious twat telling you it must legally be registered as a motorhome.

Some of the recent posts and threads have been a wee bit Facebooky I fear.:worried:

This would be a nightmare renewing the insurance! Try telling the company that nothing has changed!
But now an MPV again and not a camper van.

PS. Considering..... would this not put a lot of COACH BUILT factory VANS are in the same boat?

some dick posted a pic of their dinner? Someone said "feeling so let down" without telling anyone why? 😁
I think you probably know there is one particular thread that is quite offensive.

I think you probably know there is one particular thread that is quite offensive.
I was finding it entertaining
Purely from a spectator point of view 😂😂😂

Finally finished work and decided to give the Ellie a clean,set everything up, attached snow foam lance, pulled the trigger on the karcher to be met with a flood of water pissing out of the bottom of the unit.went to take the cover off to check if it's a serviceable part(lol), to be met with the smallest T screws in a deep recess.now waiting for my mate with the TARDIS toolbox to get back but by that time it'll be beer o'clock,oh well.😬

Back