• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Yeah got it local was an absolute bargin considering what they go for and loads of work done to it,been converted to amal carbs & fitted with Dunstall silencers.Bloke chucked a shed load of spares n bits in to.Looks like im going to be "very busy"😉

ooh thats a nice one; always liked XS650's. I had the motor from one in my chop many years ago; had the motor taken out to 920 by Halco; they can go to 1000cc but you need to get the crank stroked as well as the max sized bore.

Anyone know wtf google chrome takes an age to load forum pages? Other sites ok, other browsers ok, just EOC on chrome.

Anyone know wtf google chrome takes an age to load forum pages? Other sites ok, other browsers ok, just EOC on chrome.
Andrew, I am on Chrome and it's fast. Oddly Firefox and Edge are ridiculously bad for me.

Andrew, I am on Chrome and it's fast. Oddly Firefox and Edge are ridiculously bad for me.
Chrome is fine on all other sites it seems, mind you, I am using a Mac, Safari is fast, Firefox is Firefox, Chrome is annoying. I never use Edge on a PC as that's crappest of all.

Chrome is fine on all other sites it seems, mind you, I am using a Mac, Safari is fast, Firefox is Firefox, Chrome is annoying. I never use Edge on a PC as that's crappest of all.
I used to adore Firefox, never used anything else but not used it for a couple of years now, too glitchy. And as for Edge, wow, as you say crap. Not sure wtf is wrong with it but to scroll on an Ebay page is a no-no, I end up pulling my hair out, it is impossible to use.

I have been on safari (Kenya) a few times but never used it on a laptop :D
Never used a Mac either, am I missing out?

Macs are arty farty but I find I tend to shout at them much less than PC's. As for Android, I sincerely hope google can hear me telling them what I think of it. OK Google, go fcuk yourself.

Macs are arty farty but I find I tend to shout at them much less than PC's. As for Android, I sincerely hope google can hear me telling them what I think of it. OK Google, go fcuk yourself.
Oh hell yes they can hear you, they hear everything.

I used to adore Firefox, never used anything else but not used it for a couple of years now, too glitchy. And as for Edge, wow, as you say crap. Not sure wtf is wrong with it but to scroll on an Ebay page is a no-no, I end up pulling my hair out, it is impossible to use.

I have been on safari (Kenya) a few times but never used it on a laptop :D
Never used a Mac either, am I missing out?
I use Firefox and everything is fine, it seems to me it boils down to the PC that people use. I had a PC with run of the mill hard drive and it was getting so slow it drove me mad, so bought a new refurbished one of e-bay from a dealer in Manchester. I had one with a SSD and a HD, it is like lightening.

some times when i log on here i get a message saying oops you need cookies to see this then doesn't give me a way to accept so i have to log out then back in :mad:

WHAT THE FUCK SEEMS ABOUT RIGHT .......................
f0py75.jpg
truck struggled to start, .... strange, but ... onwards came home hours later, neighbour called ,... left my lights on, no I aint , checked and the rear brake lights stuck on !!!! checked switches and ting ... all ok , under drivers foot well, deep up it guts stop light switch , wired live , with a peg that looks like it held plastic or rubber gromets which have perished . so the brake lights cluster was fully lit ... eating my battery .... fixed now but a real anomaly ...... :)

Grrrrrrr I am fuming. Had a slow puncture on my TT. I had 4 new tyres put on a while ago, it's quattro so like to keep the tread depth as similar as possible. Tread still on just over 7mm.

Took the alloy with tyre to a local garage and left it with them, got 'the call'... bloke says it can't be fixed because there is an old puncture repair which is leaking and this can't be refixed. That'll be £144 for a new tyre.
I said thanks but no thanks.

Took the very same tyre to F1 Autocentres in Burton, sod all wrong with the old puncture, not leaking at all, they repaired the new puncture and charged me £10. I gave him £20 for him being so awesome. Technically could get a repair done usually for £17.50 but hell, I will reward anyone for not taking the piss out of me!

WHAT THE FECK??!!!!!

Scummy little shit at the first garage.

Grrrrrrr I am fuming. Had a slow puncture on my TT. I had 4 new tyres put on a while ago, it's quattro so like to keep the tread depth as similar as possible. Tread still on just over 7mm.

Took the alloy with tyre to a local garage and left it with them, got 'the call'... bloke says it can't be fixed because there is an old puncture repair which is leaking and this can't be refixed. That'll be £144 for a new tyre.

Took the very same tyre to F1 Autocentres in Burton, sod all wrong with the old puncture, not leaking at all, they repaired the new puncture and charged me £10. I gave him £20 for him being so awesome. Technically could get a repair done usually for £17.50 but hell, I will reward anyone for not taking the piss out of me!

WHAT THE FECK??!!!!!

Good for you. I hate that these phallically challenged twats try to take advantage of people of the female persuasion.

WHAT THE FECK??!!!!!

Know exactly what you mean about tread depth, I've been known to buy part worns to match and as for blokes in tyre places...

According to them it had been run flat (which it hadn't) and sidewall was no good so they wanted huge money for a tyre they happened to have at the ready (it was an unusual size so I was highly suspicious). Said no thanks, when I left I checked the boot and they hadn't even put the wheel back in there then expected me to get it from the back of the workshop and wheel it across the car park and casually put the 20" wheel into the boot whilst dressed in my work suit. They hadn't even had the tyre off the rim, went elsewhere and they happily repaired it for £10.

I noticed that we drifted off into IT for a while, so might as well complain about my Epson printer. Have had it for 15 years and bought a ton of cheap cartridges for it. Can't really complain too much. Have sent the "waste ink pad has been replaced" (not true) message to it a couple if times so that it would carry on running without servicing. Just tried again and the SSC utility (freeware written by some Russian guy) wouldn't work any more. Bought a new Cannon printer from W H Smith's for £19.99 asked price of replacement cartridges £49.99 for one black and one colour. Hoping to refill with syringe. 😊😊😊

Back