• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

I had a K reg (71) Firenza, it could be locked and unlocked by keys from a similar age Viva without any jiggling.
Yes as the guy said Fords were slack in the key design. Also using packing case plastic to fold double , push through the rubber , push one side to loop over the locking button pull and your in ! As a young guy I could not really believe what I was seeeing! Also punching a half of a tennis ball over the key hole and the door just unlocked !!!!

Yes as the guy said Fords were slack in the key design. Also using packing case plastic to fold double , push through the rubber , push one side to loop over the locking button pull and your in ! As a young guy I could not really believe what I was seeeing! Also punching a half of a tennis ball over the key hole and the door just unlocked !!!!
Like the Nova which could be started by pulling the hazard light switch, flipping it upside down and reinserting into dash....

Took a drive to collect the mother in law for work and bail out one brother in law with a broken Renault Clio (spits)....
Morrisons have jacked up diesel by 7p a litre overnight and LPG by a whacking 10p a litre.
Double hit for me.
Wonder who The Chancellor will blame this time while he dips his hand deep into my pocket.....?🤔

Took a drive to collect the mother in law for work and bail out one brother in law with a broken Renault Clio (spits)....
Morrisons have jacked up diesel by 7p a litre overnight and LPG by a whacking 10p a litre.
Double hit for me.
Wonder who The Chancellor will blame this time while he dips his hand deep into my pocket.....?🤔
Did anyone ever see the 5p fuel tax reduction? I must have missed it.

5p off a 9p increase equals a 4p increase so it's still a 5p reduction. (Doublethink)
Now be grateful you pleb and enjoy your turnips!
Never materialised here.... After 6pm and the next days was still exactly the same price.... Funny how the price went up by precisely the amount of reduction.....and then up by that plus 50% this week .....
Jam tomorrow and all that.....

FillLPG and myLPG apps both showing availability at the local Morrisons, updated yesterday.
Go this evening, shut up tighter than a crabs bottom on all pumps for lpg, petrol and derv.
Welcome to Bojo's Brexit Britain in wartime and under seige from ecomentalists as well.

FillLPG and myLPG apps both showing availability at the local Morrisons, updated yesterday.
Go this evening, shut up tighter than a crabs bottom on all pumps for lpg, petrol and derv.
Welcome to Bojo's Brexit Britain in wartime and under seige from ecomentalists as well.
I'm sitting on an eight of a tank and Sainsburys have no fuel, shutters down on the kiosk, got a trip to Chester Zoo on Sunday, looks like I'll be paying a trip to the two quid a litre rob dogs to give the little 'un a day out :mad:

Last edited:
I don't agree with nationalising on a point of principle, it involves strategic industries being run by clueless Westminister civil servants at the mercy of a bolshie workforce however...... this country has fossil fuel reserves that could see us through this crisis, we are on a virtual war footing. Commandeer and ring fence the resource for the good of the UK, fuck the speculators and lizard-skinned reptiles profiteering on the misery of others. Nationalise the whole energy business now, feed all that gas and oil into the UK infrastructure at the actual cost of extraction and not at "market price".

TBH brexit probably helped Ukraine, the UK independently have supplied military aid fairly quickly and without having to wait for Brussels "approval"

I don't agree with nationalising on a point of principle, it involves strategic industries being run by clueless Westminister civil servants at the mercy of a bolshie workforce however...... this country has fossil fuel reserves that could see us through this crisis, we are on a virtual war footing. Commandeer and ring fence the resource for the good of the UK, fuck the speculators and lizard-skinned reptiles profiteering on the misery of others. Nationalise the whole energy business now, feed all that gas and oil into the UK infrastructure at the actual cost of extraction and not at "market price".
On a point of principle I do agree with nationalisation. Don't forget that the civil servants, clueless or otherwise, only do what ministers from the government of the day instruct them to do.
Another thing to remember is that when the Tories were selling off nationalised assets a lot of the top bosses stayed in place with inflated pay packets because all of a sudden top talent needed to retained or recruited. The rush away from public ownership under the mantras of pro choice, trickle down of wealth and market forces are best are what allowed "the speculators and lizard-skinned reptiles profiteering on the misery of others" to come to the fore and fuck the rest of the county over.
A similar situation arose in the USSR under Yeltsin and Putin with the rise of appointees to run the former state run industries, these days we call them Russian oligarchs.

I'm sitting on an eight of a tank and Sainsburys have no fuel, shutters down on the kiosk, got a trip to Chester Zoo on Sunday, looks like I'll be paying a trip to the two quid a litre rob dogs to give the little 'un a day out :mad:
I’m sitting at pretty muck fuck all and the bus has not left the drive all week. We too have a trip to Chester Zoo planned next week so whilst I go out later in our other car I will do a little scouting to see which of the robbing bastards I will go to first to fill up.

Went to Bury, to an independent gas seller... Cash only, 85p a litre, had to walk across to the normal petrol station for a cash machine... But as I was in the neighbourhood, made sense and didn't have much choice or it was 1.78 a litre for 98 RON....
Took 6 attempts and 10 minutes of waiting around for it to finally start slowly pumping.
After all that faff, the sum total of gas it would take was 22.5 litres.
I know the lights are advisory at best, but on the last few visits, the lights are clearly in cahoots when the treasury to empty my accounts slowly by a thousand smaller payments😂

I’m sitting at pretty muck fuck all and the bus has not left the drive all week. We too have a trip to Chester Zoo planned next week so whilst I go out later in our other car I will do a little scouting to see which of the robbing bastards I will go to first to fill up.
That's a long haul for you mate... 180mile?

Back