• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Depends on how wide the bit that's actually fine through is I guess.
But, looking at the tyre in general, doesn't look like you're far off the minimum wear marker..... And the wear/deterioration around the bases of those tread blocks would make me think new tyre time anyway.
Sorry.

Depends on how wide the bit that's actually fine through is I guess.
But, looking at the tyre in general, doesn't look like you're far off the minimum wear marker..... And the wear/deterioration around the bases of those tread blocks would make me think new tyre time anyway.
Sorry.

There my winter tyres and actually have around 4-5mm just looks worse on the pics bud but your right about them cracking a little although that was zoomed in alot!! :eek: :(

There my winter tyres and actually have around 4-5mm just looks worse on the pics bud but your right about them cracking a little although that was zoomed in alot!! :eek: :(
I just get nervous about our as I do 100 motorway speeds miles when working on campus. Brqcing myself for the cost of replacement BMW runflats....😲

Another reason I chose a golf gti over an E92 330i, proper tyres & a spare wheel...that and its tardis like interior space

What is it with me and flaming frogs at the moment... 😅
Just been given a bunch of these!!!
IMG_20220423_124309342.jpg
You taken over the world Kermit...😄

I was in my Neigbours house earlier ( invited ).

Inside his double glazing windows and bi-folding doors there was a blind……a blind in the void between the panes, WTF.

Have I been living under a stone - because I have never seen these before, what a brilliant idea, no blowing in the wind no cleaning, fantastic.

Inside his double glazing windows and bi-folding doors there was a blind……a blind in the void between the panes, WTF.

Have I been living under a stone - because I have never seen these before, what a brilliant idea, no blowing in the wind no cleaning, fantastic.
Aye, they're great.

Until they break...

Aye, they're great.

Until they break...
And they do brake, look a proper sight as well

My old office complex had lots of these fitted around 2000, most of them are still going strong. Breakages normally caused by those using the "it wouldn't move so I forced it" method.

My old office complex had lots of these fitted around 2000, most of them are still going strong. Breakages normally caused by those using the "it wouldn't move so I forced it" method.
After a very small amount of research I have found that there are 2 common problems-

1 - the magnet that controls to blind internally can fall off the slider.

2 - the blind can open skew whiff (one end higher than the other) if opened too fast.

Both issues require unit replacement.

I still think they are cool….

I bought a house with soooo many repair issues,
TLDR: Surveys aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Inevitably, that's what happens.
We bought ours such years ago - the surveyors reported listed "subsidence in the area" and "older double glazing".....
What it didn't mention was the frames where actually rotten and had shrunk away, meaning they where barely fitted in some points just behind the lintels so every bit of wind got through and when it rained heavy, your could shower in the bays. Or also didn't mention the from door panels where rotten (despite visually looking ok), the bifold doors where actually wood and not uPVC (more rot and poor fitting from shrinkage), the kitchen floor tiling started to shift/lift and break up 3 months after we moved in and behind the bay wallpaper, there where huge chunks of brickwork taken out, meaning it was partially single skin. And the rear decking was rotten but had been disguised with fake grass and a chimenea so you never stood over that area.
We've spent £20k in five years on repairs and if money was no object, could easily spend another ten.
But as I drive an Elgrand...... Fuel first😁.
Hopefully you got the property for a decent price and knew most of the issues before purchase.

I shall let you keep her, Ray. On one condition*...
You take her out, look after her, treat her well, allow her to see the UK in the Elgrand and you take pics of her enjoying herself and post them on here.

*A few conditions.
*Where's the frog ???
IMG_20220501_152549670.jpg
Took her on a trip to Yorkshire... 😁

Is this the Amphibian
IMG_20220420_153942338.jpg Here's what your looking for...

Had to explain why I was blocking the entry gate for the site...
Told them was taking a picture of a yellow frog in a toto for the EOC forum...
Kermit has a lot to answer for...🤨

View attachment 73545 Here's what your looking for...

Had to explain why I was blocking the entry gate for the site...
Told them was taking a picture of a yellow frog in a toto for the EOC forum...
Kermit has a lot to answer for...🤨
Got the toadScreenshot_20220501-211655~2.png

Sometimes life is hard, sometime life is cruel. Here's something that will maybe help take the weight off for 30 mins or so.

Candidates for the Darwin award. All of them.

Back