• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Funny how conspiracy theorists haven't jumped on that. Probably because that would be acknowledging covid exists but at least it would sound more plausible albeit a bit 1990's movie script though, bad guy makes disease, unleashes disease, sales test kis and antidote to cure disease lol.....idiots

Funny how conspiracy theorists haven't jumped on that. Probably because that would be acknowledging covid exists but at least it would sound more plausible albeit a bit 1990's movie script though, bad guy makes disease, unleashes disease, sales test kis and antidote to cure disease lol.....idiots
I was thinking irony rather than conspiracy, seen as almost everything is made in China these days....

So I thought I would chuck my old number plate and the name of my Porsche in the internet and look what came up! WTF!
Bit strange though as I did not sell it to the next owner until around 2014ish and this article says it was a barn find! Be good if I could track down the whereabouts of it now!!!
Anyone live near Hinckley?! This is where the last picture of her was taken back in 2018!

1414632_10202601923953853_100065953_n.jpeg1418434_10202601924073856_1195285163_n.jpeg1396518_10202601924033855_1012410234_n.jpeg1379172_10202601924113857_1172525921_n.jpeg1458916_10202601923913852_1119424863_n.jpeg1414645_10202601923993854_1088821320_n.jpeg

Found a pic of it back in 2018, great to see she was back on the road now I need to track down the owner! lol

pqh6UaL.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 16.04.46.png

Last edited:
Barn find = extra couple of grand, I'm more amazed at the amount of barns in the UK.
It's like the brown seat effect when selling a motorcycle, you fit a brown seat & it's immediately a cafe racer for the hipsters

Too good to be true?
Last MOT indicates shunt?

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):​

• Front Steering linkage ball joint has slight play both (2.1.3 (b) (i))
  • Lower Vehicle structure is fractured but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced (6.1.1 (a) (i))

I don't like S1's I'm on the fence with S3's S2's are the sweet spot

oooeerr lol. one day. Hey maybe i'll get lucky & fuel prices will drop by then too.

I've probably jinxed it now & they'll rise further instead

Admiral just informed me that overall, my multicar insurance (2 cars and Ed) for the coming year has gone down by a third, Ed's insurance part has dropped from £288 to £175. Normally I grump down the phone at the renewal proposal to the point when they have reduced the premiums year on year for the last 3 years. I know that the media have been predicting a drop, but to be honest had it been kept at last years (less my grump discount) then I would have been happy. A thirdish off seems ok without grump. So do I now get on the phone...💷

Last edited:
Took a different route in Town today due to road works Big mistake !
Speed humps every 100 yds for over a mile.
But at least l was able to piss off two school runners in their range rovers as l slowed down at every hump :) .
I have the same round here. I used to stress but now really enjoy seeing just how slowly I can crawl over each one, making sure to brake on each descent!
😈

I don't like S1's I'm on the fence with S3's S2's are the sweet spot
As a non-fence dweller and S3 owner myself I can confirm that S3s are awesome and save a whole load of head unit hassles.

So my son came in the other evening after taking his Mini to Germany via the Autobahn and says:

"Well on the way home I managed to get 195KPH and still she had plenty more to give, this was from 4th gear onwards not bad hey! lol
I reckon it should be capable of 205!" WTF

Not fair my son's Mini with a 1.6 can actually go faster than my 3.5 V6! lol

Son just called me into the garage and guess whats just happened!!!!
Few weeks ago he had the two suspension top mounts replaced due to the mini be lowered and causing pressure on the mounts.
Then a few nights ago he managed to source a strut brace from his mates for €50 which was a bargain!!
He took it off to remove the paint and polish it up as it was bright yellow and then goes to refit and guess what one of the bolts shears off the suspension mount!!!! WTF!!!! Brand new part and my son only tried to tighten the bolt with a 3/8 driver!!!!
(Picture is from the internet!)

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 17.01.28.png

Back