• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

My missus' sister's ex boyfriend used to keep bees but he was allergic to stings and apparently never bothered to learn what he should do if he did get stung, so after they'd broken up when he got stung he phoned her while she was on holiday to ask her advice about what to do :rolleyes:

At school in biology class we were given sharp objects like a diabetic might use to draw blood from our fingertips to look at under a microscope, but me and a mate thought it great fun to use them on each other multiple times instead. For this we were punished by being tasked to 'sort the bee garden area out' (I forget what exactly we were supposed to be doing in that area), so we asked for protective gear but were told we wouldn't need any. 10 Minutes later with short sleeves on one of my arms and legs were completely covered with bees but at least there were no stings, similar for my mate. The hive was in the middle of a square with school corridors all around the square, corridors all had full length windows and a crowd of kids (and teachers) gathered to watch us, then the biology teacher showed up laughing at us through a window and told us not to attempt to shift or kill any because if we did we'd get stung hundreds of times lol. At least neither of us were squeamish and saw the funny side... and I think the teacher banked on that because he could have got himself into trouble otherwise.
Ahhh, the 70's, good times..

Pity you cant put caviar or truffles in your screenwash probably be cheaper .

So now you have to wait for recovery.

???WTF is that solid white line to the right of your van?

Yep.
On a motorway.
On a corner.
Strong low sun.
So I got priority.
Happy days.
1 hour they say.
Then I say goodbye to my front spoiler probably!!!

I would fold my mirrors in if I was you bud! Be just your luck a truck goes past and removes a mirror!! :tired_face:
If use my folding mirror switch so much if I feel an oncoming vehicle might hit it! lol

Are they going to recover it or just fit a tyre at the roadside?

Are they going to recover it or just fit a tyre at the roadside?
Recover.
I don't think they are allowed to change a wheel on a motorway anymore.
Not sure.
Currently camped outside a Quickfit.
X4 Michelins in the morning.
Wanted the Yokohamas but couldn't get them until Friday.
Stuffed really.
Just when I'm upset with Michelin too!
(Crap wipers).
Bugger.

Will you reconsider the no spare situation?
Good question.
Answer is no.
The AA recovered me to quickfit within 2 hours.
The fact that I did not have a spare was no issue.
On balance - 1 million++ miles without carrying a big dirty heavy rubber thing in the boot that would have to be taken out for various reasons and multiple times over the years for just a 1.5 hour time sacrifice is a no brainer.
For me anyway.
Thanks for asking.

Back