• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

That because the middle aged male Lycra Brigade carry on like they own the road and everyone else is permitted by their good grace. You run a red light or put yourself over the the white lines directly into the flow of traffic at junctions, then you deserve everything you get.
I already give cyclists a wide berth, but the law needs to start enforcing some responsibility and consequences on the spandex-wearing clots too.
I'm guessing you're not a cyclist then?! 🤔🤣

I'm not a road cyclist either, more mtb trails but after bus driving for 3 years it totally changed my driving & my attitude towards other road users & pedestrians.

My nightmare neigbours are arseholes & they have an audi each, 1 A4 1 A6, I used to like them till they moved in and now i cannot bear the sight of them. He also has a top knot

My nightmare neigbours are arseholes & they have an audi each, 1 A4 1 A6, I used to like them till they moved in and now i cannot bear the sight of them. He also has a top knot
By top knot, you mean the infamous "man bun"?
Otherwise known as the "IQ suppressor"?

Why is it that the thickest of the thick fu#ers follow me everywhere like I'm the fu#in Pied Piper??????
I can't open the boot!!!!
Had to just drive off quick.
Fool.
Looks like it's not the Elgrand.
It's just me that the twats park next too.
Borrowed the wife's Kuga.
Parked at the end of a half empty car park.
Came back to this.
I am at my wits end.
Intense twattism.

Attachments

• 20220130_154735.jpg
    20220130_154735.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 37
For F**K sake!
Went to fit my new oil gallery gaskets and some of the allen key bolts have already rounded off whilst torquing them to 10ft Ibs!
On the chat at the mo with the company as clearly the new bolts are made out of s**t!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
Oh man anyone want to buy an Elgrand in bits!!!!???
There hopefully going to send me out a new set, so probably another 2 weeks to wait for the post from the UK!

😤Aghhh.....Don't you just hate it when when you've had the perfect Elgrand's pencilled for TWO WEEKS to buy as soon as your money clears into your bank account and they are labelled as "PENDING" the day your money is in your bank account.

😤Aghhh.....Don't you just hate it when when you've had the perfect Elgrand's pencilled for TWO WEEKS to buy as soon as your money clears into your bank account and they are labelled as "PENDING" the day your money is in your bank account.
Frustrating. Good Elgrands go quickly, best to get in fast if you spot one you like, as I'm sure you now appreciate..

Im speechless WTF!!!!!!!..... my wife wants to phone the a**seholes up!!!
Great customer service when Ive bought many items from this company!!!!
This is there response after I sent pictures, torque settings, what tools I used etc!!!!

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting back to us with this information. I've had a word with my manager and it's been confirmed these are A2 stamped (high quality SS), so we find it odd you find them faulty as we've sold hundreds of sets, even fit them ourselves to our own vehicles; it doesn't make much sense they'd round so easily. Due to our previous experience as well as this being from the same batch, it would be very odd for only these ones to be of poor quality. Following the first bolt being rounded contact should've been made about the poor quality where we could've advised you prior to fitting the rest. Unfortunately, for that reason we'll be unable to refund you or replace these for you.

Kind Regards,
James

So what was their advice going to be if you contacted them after the first one rounding I wonder

So what was their advice going to be if you contacted them after the first one rounding I wonder

Exactly!!! What they are going to teach me how to insert an allen key bolt into a f**king hole!!! :mad: I even explained all this to them in previous emails!!!
I also drove to the local car shop and bought a new socket and allen key socket even though we are completely skint here and cannot afford it!!!
My poor sick wife is so angry with them and is going to call them with her lawyer's hat on!!! Seriously are they really going to argue over £1.80 of bolts, yes you heard it each bolt is 60p and I only need 3!!!!! Seriously whatever happened to customer service!!!!

Exactly!!! What they are going to teach me how to insert an allen key bolt into a f**king hole!!! :mad: I even explained all this to them in previous emails!!!
I also drove to the local car shop and bought a new socket and allen key socket even though we are completely skint here and cannot afford it!!!
My poor sick wife is so angry with them and is going to call them with her lawyer's hat on!!! Seriously are they really going to argue over £1.80 of bolts, yes you heard it each bolt is 60p and I only need 3!!!!! Seriously whatever happened to customer service!!!!

Unbelievable!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:
Because I haven't fitted the bolts until now (4 months from purchase) apparently I cannot receive a refund, my wife had to inform the t@@t that I am her full time carer and thats why I haven't had the chance to work on the car! His attitude was absolutely disgusting and commented about how I have only spent £97 with them so the bolts are 1% of what I have spent and they are a business and also have to make money!!! WTF
My wife also mentioned that I am part of a forum and have recommended them to other members, their response was " well we have never had a customer here mention Richard Fox".....
The advice apparently was to ask what tools I was using to fit the bolts and they find it very odd why I continued to torque the bolts up after the 1st one!!! They also said they are A2 SS (Stainless steel) and have sold 100's with no complaints and even the guy has fitted them himself, so looks like im a sh*t mechanic and better stop continuing to put the Elgrand back together then!!! :mad:
Seriously cannot believe this over £1.80, on principal I want to take the a**seholes to the small claims court!!!

Because I haven't fitted the bolts until now (4 months from purchase) apparently I cannot receive a refund, my wife had to inform the t@@t that I am her full time carer and thats why I haven't had the chance to work on the car! His attitude was absolutely disgusting and commented about how I have only spent £97 with them so the bolts are 1% of what I have spent and they are a business and also have to make money!!! WTF
My wife also mentioned that I am part of a forum and have recommended them to other members, their response was " well we have never had a customer here mention Richard Fox".....
The advice apparently was to ask what tools I was using to fit the bolts and they find it very odd why I continued to torque the bolts up after the 1st one!!! They also said they are A2 SS (Stainless steel) and have sold 100's with no complaints and even the guy has fitted them himself, so looks like im a sh*t mechanic and better stop continuing to put the Elgrand back together then!!! :mad:
Seriously cannot believe this over £1.80, on principal I want to take the a**seholes to the small claims court!!!
Name and shame.

My Dad spent his entire working life in the fastener industry and more lately engineer's supplies and welding.
He reckons A2 is generally very soft and inconsistent in quality these days.
Why are they using stainless?

Back