• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

No restrictions at my local and plenty of super. Just no diesel.

The media control the governments........ I did a spell at NI it was errrr "interresting"
The media are in full control these days, Government says "don't panic", Facebook says "fill yer boots, armageddon is nigh".
When two-faced "liberal" twats like Nick Clegg take a well paid job with the media then that sums up the politicians we have voted for.

If people stopped panic buying then there would be less shortages, need to go now, I've got a bulk delivery of pasta at the door.....

I feel a little responsible for starting the political rant here. Sorry! 😬

I feel a little responsible for starting the political rant here. Sorry! 😬
if you can't say what you think then what's the point of a forum? No apologies necessary in my book...

Or LPG... Asda had a delivery of petrol/diesel this morning, which was sold out by 11.00AM! Luckily those that buy LPG do not seem to have been afflicted by the panic so that was still available - just - I got there just as they had coned off the pumps but when I said I only wanted LPG they let me through. If they decide to send the staff home that will be LPG off the menu too. Mind you felt even more smug than usual when filling up!

Media scare mongering again!

Currently got a outlander phev, px next week for the Ellie, so I'm okay locally but having an unexpected trip to Children's Hospital last week I couldn't risk running on red. I only slashed £20 but others where banging £50+ in.

We do not allow political topics on this forum as they generally end up in arguments. It's one of the few rules that we have and you accepted when you joined.

@RuskinStreet
@Mark76e

Please keep political views to yourselves. One of the few rules of the forum is NO POLITICS
This is the second time guys.

cc
@Karl
@Madfish
?? media scaremongering is politics? I don't nail my colours to any mast, but if my opinion is deemed "political" then I will withdraw from future comment on the subject. Consider my wrist officially slapped...

I've just filled a customer Elgrand up with LPG on the outskirts of Doncaster. The 2nd Elgrand I've converted this week (I usually get 2 done in a week in less time but some of you will know I've helped another Elgrand owner by doing diagnostics on his Elgrand too this week, plus fixed a few other LPG installs converted elsewhere).

No shortage or panic buying of LPG :)

But I passed a few forecourts with long ques and most of those forecourts had half of the pumps cordoned off, apparently because those pumps had run out of fuel.

Isn't it funny that if there is a blip in LPG fuel supply, as there was earlier this year, everyone raises their concerns that 'this might be the end of LPG' but when there is a blip in petrol or diesel supply nobody raises concern that this might be the end of petrol or diesel 🤔 I have known far more blips on petrol and diesel supply than LPG supply. At least on LPG if there is a problem with supply you can still run on petrol. And they will never dilute LPG with ethanol or anything else. The truth is that you can hardly any longer buy petrol, the 'petrol' you can buy is mixed with ethanol.

Last edited:
I've just filled a customer Elgrand up with LPG on the outskirts of Doncaster.

But I passed a few forecourts with long ques and most of those forecourts had half of the pumps cordoned off, apparently because those pumps had run out of fuel.

At least on LPG if there is a problem with LPG supply, as there was earlier in the year, you can still run on petrol. And they will never dilute LPG with ethanol or anything else.
What's the pro and cons of going LPG? How long was the return following your LPG conversion?

What's the pro and cons of going LPG? How long was the return following your LPG conversion?
I'm the guy that converts them mate :) I've converted well over 400 Elgrands to LPG and own 2 Elgrands myself. But before I'd even converted 1 Elgrand to LPG I already had the best reputation for understanding and fixing LPG problems, and getting the best results on 'demanding' vehicles that other installers struggle to get running properly on LPG.

If you were to start another thread on the pros and cons of LPG I dare say you'd get a lot of positive comments about it from my many customers whom are members of this forum.

Basically you can expect to save 40% of whatever you spend on petrol. And you can decore all your catalytic converters and still pass an MOT.
The LPG tank holds more litres of LPG than the petrol tank holds litres of petrol, so the Elgrand's range is doubled - this is usuallly a minor point but at times like this fuel 'blip' it can be a major advantage... If there was no petrol or diesel available anywhere I could still drive about on LPG.

You could consider the payback time the time that it takes to save the cost of the conversion in terms of what you pay for fuel. Or you could consider that if the LPG conversion adds value to the vehicle the payback time starts earlier than expected because you also recoup some of the cost of the LPG conversion when you sell the vehicle. How much of the cost of the LPG conversion you recoup when you sell the vehicle depends on what the LPG conversion is worth to the buyer and most buyers who would like an LPG conversion on an Elgrand would prefer the LPG conversion to have been fitted by me.

I've just filled a customer Elgrand up with LPG on the outskirts of Doncaster. The 2nd Elgrand I've converted this week (I usually get 2 done in a week in less time but some of you will know I've helped another Elgrand owner by doing diagnostics on his Elgrand too this week, plus fixed a few other LPG installs converted elsewhere).

Isn't it funny that if there is a blip in LPG fuel supply, as there was earlier this year, everyone raises their concerns that 'this might be the end of LPG' but when there is a blip in petrol or diesel supply nobody raises concern that this might be the end of petrol or diesel 🤔 I have known far more blips on petrol and diesel supply than LPG supply. At least on LPG if there is a problem with supply you can still run on petrol. And they will never dilute LPG with ethanol or anything else. The truth is that you can hardly any longer buy petrol, the 'petrol' you can buy is mixed with ethanol.
LPG is one of those things that never caught the attention of the "mainstream", by all means correct me if I am wrong Simon, but was there ever a mass manufacturer that offered LPG as a factory-fitted option?
I used to run a VR6 VW Sharan with LPG, very similar to the Elgrand in terms of MPG, the small loss of power was more than made up for by the near 50% reduction in cost at the pump!
When funds allow we will be having a "conversion-conversation"!

LPG is one of those things that never caught the attention of the "mainstream", by all means correct me if I am wrong Simon, but was there ever a mass manufacturer that offered LPG as a factory-fitted option?
I used to run a VR6 VW Sharan with LPG, very similar to the Elgrand in terms of MPG, the small loss of power was more than made up for by the near 50% reduction in cost at the pump!
When funds allow we will be having a "conversion-conversation"!
Dacia offers an LPG option and some of the major players offer LPG choice in Europe.

Dacia offers an LPG option and some of the major players offer LPG choice in Europe.
Cheers @Dave Marshall, sort of proves my point. VAG, Ford, Stellantis etc don't (and haven't ) offered LPG as an option. Not because it's the wrong thing to do just not in their interests. Why that is I don't know, the fact that they don't keeps @Lpgc busy lol......

I'm the guy that converts them mate :) I've converted well over 400 Elgrands to LPG and own 2 Elgrands myself. But before I'd even converted 1 Elgrand to LPG I already had the best reputation for understanding and fixing LPG problems, and getting the best results on 'demanding' vehicles that other installers struggle to get running properly on LPG.

If you were to start another thread on the pros and cons of LPG I dare say you'd get a lot of positive comments about it from my many customers whom are members of this forum.

Basically you can expect to save 40% of whatever you spend on petrol. And you can decore all your catalytic converters and still pass an MOT.
The LPG tank holds more litres of LPG than the petrol tank holds litres of petrol, so the Elgrand's range is doubled - this is usuallly a minor point but at times like this fuel 'blip' it can be a major advantage... If there was no petrol or diesel available anywhere I could still drive about on LPG.

You could consider the payback time the time that it takes to save the cost of the conversion in terms of what you pay for fuel. Or you could consider that if the LPG conversion adds value to the vehicle the payback time starts earlier than expected because you also recoup some of the cost of the LPG conversion when you sell the vehicle. How much of the cost of the LPG conversion you recoup when you sell the vehicle depends on what the LPG conversion is worth to the buyer and most buyers who would like an LPG conversion on an Elgrand would prefer the LPG conversion to have been fitted by me.
Thanks, as I've not got her yet I think I'll monitor my consumption for a 3 month period and then work out the cost of the conversion V not.

Cheers @Dave Marshall, sort of proves my point. VAG, Ford, Stellantis etc don't (and haven't ) offered LPG as an option. Not because it's the wrong thing to do just not in their interests. Why that is I don't know, the fact that they don't keeps @Lpgc busy lol......
Over the years Ford UK has offered at least Transits, Transit Connects, Mondeos and Focus's with 'factory fitted' LPG. Vauxhall the Corsa, Vectra and a couple of models of vans. Volvo the V70 and V40. Citreon the Berlingo and vans.

The inverted commas are because the vehicle manufacturer didn't convert them at their own factory but the manufacturers did send them to a firm to be converted before they were road registered and the vehicle manufacturer took responsibility for the LPG system... So for example if you wanted the LPG system on your 'factory fitted' Vectra servicing you could have that done by a Vauxhall main dealer in Sheffield.

Last edited:
I started a spreadsheet on the women I have dated, errrr slept with wasn't enough columns in Excel and the costs where horrendous......

Back