• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Its all about the money now as a Uni is a business, in the past clever ones went to Uni the rest of us went in to the building trade......
I was given three choices at 16 Find a job, go to college or fuck off. I did the first two, took a bit more time to do the third option, never signed on in my life.

I went straight from school to a YTS “youth training scheme” which four months down the line changed to a YOP “youth opportunities programme”.
I was assessed an given the prestigious title of ‘can lad’ at B&K motors - a British Leyland dealership.
Every Thursday I was paid £25 cash, I thought I had won the Pools.

I went straight from school to a YTS “youth training scheme” which four months down the line changed to a YOP “youth opportunities programme”.
I was assessed an given the prestigious title of ‘can lad’ at B&K motors - a British Leyland dealership.
I was on 89p an hour in 1980 when I started work lol

I still call apprentice lads (and lasses) YTS .... Showing my age now, one more glass of Sanatogen Tonic Wine and a Werthers Original and I'm ready for bed lol

I was on 89p an hour in 1980 when I started work lol
Jeez was that "London Rates" ? I was on £1.10 at Kwik Save then with a "time and quarter" uplift on Saturdays, USDAW union kicked off that college boys like me were robbing the tables of regular workers (who didn't want to do Saturdays anyway for "family reasons - i.e. Football then pub!")

Jeez was that "London Rates" ? I was on £1.10 at Kwik Save then with a "time and quarter" uplift on Saturdays, USDAW union kicked off that college boys like me were robbing the tables of regular workers (who didn't want to do Saturdays anyway for "family reasons - i.e. Football then pub!")
Yep, apprentice sparks rates.

I remember clearly Ray Clements picking up a brand new (1st August) leyland Princess for free, I couldn't understand why he didn't have to pay.

I saw Bruce Grobbelaar picking up an S plate new (1st of August) Range Rover in custard yellow, again for free.

I felt a bit robbed, as I was always stuck in goal during PE, I was a goalie.....where's my free car !

I remember clearly Ray Clements picking up a brand new (1st August) leyland Princess for free, I couldn't understand why he didn't have to pay.

I saw Bruce Grobbelaar picking up an S plate new (1st of August) Range Rover in custard yellow, again for free.

I felt a bit robbed, as I was always stuck in goal during PE, I was a goalie.....where's my free car !
When I was in school they always put the "fat lads" in goal (harder to get the balls past them and they didn't have to move around much), not very politically correct these days I know

Could you imagine a Premier League footballer accepting a Leyland Princess these days lol

They gave Howard Kendall an Allegro, it was a Vanden Plas though.

😀😀
Ooh, now an Allegro VDP... wrong but right if you know what I mean? I'm in the wrong forum I know but that was a car that was so wrong it was actually desirable..... I'll get me coat!

Driving around Bradford at 10 last night something in the road hit the side of the drivers' side tyre popped the tyre off the rim. Parked up called Adrian Flux rescue service. No spare wheel LPG so sent low loader 35 mins to arrive. Took me to their depot tried to pop it back om but tyre knackered so ran me home getting a tyre for me result. TF Smiths brilliant firm they even tried to get a tyre in at 11:30 ran me home for a cold beer by 12:00. Think I will carry the spare in the van from now on.

Tooth root removed (crown had broken) screw inserted temp post and tooth don't know what hurts more the procedure or the bill, going back in two weeks wallet is taking a pounding.
Mmm! I feel your pain...
I was once having roof canal work done on a wisdom tooth, when the dentist stopped and mumble well "that's never happen before!!,"
The drill had snapped (unwound) in a cavity....!!

Took all my bottle to return for my usual 6 months check up 🤐

Last edited:
WTF had one of my posts removed as it was deemed nonsense by another member, it was one of my better ones with 6 likes 😆 so be careful there is a humourless weasel about who likes to run anonymously to the reacher.😆🤪
I wouldn’t mind but most of my posts are nonsense.👍

WTF had one of my posts removed as it was deemed nonsense by another member, it was one of my better ones with 6 likes 😆 so be careful there is a humourless weasel about who likes to run anonymously to the reacher.😆🤪
In that case I'll be back to working up to getting 10 posts again.....😁

Mmm! I feel your pain...
I was once having roof canal work done on a wisdom tooth, when the dentist stopped and mumble well "that's never happen before!!,"
The drill had snapped in a cavity....!!

Took all my bottle to return for my usual 6 months check up 🤐
A child of the 70's dentist......... usually Polish with fat fingers and ex military........

We should start a club "The Curtain Twitchers Appreciation Society" ;oo)))))

Tooth root removed (crown had broken) screw inserted temp post and tooth don't know what hurts more the procedure or the bill, going back in two weeks wallet is taking a pounding.
I had a tooth removed as it was deemed non -repairable at the time, my dentist would not use the drill during lockdown so the easiest and quickest option was extraction.
I’m not a dentist but I did ask whether this would have any adverse affect on the teeth either side of it, to which he replied no.
He was wrong - the teeth either side of the extraction have fallen to bits in a matter of months, I assume because of the extra load they have experienced since thier wing man was pulled out.
If it was a job on my car I would take it back and moan, but because it’s a Dentist you just ‘smile and wave’.
My gob now looks like a bomb has gone off.

Enjoy…🤮

Back