• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

my question is where are all the drivers we had last year they could not all be from other countries as there is a shortage in Europe as well
The conspiracy theorists amongst us think it has been stage-managed by the Oil Companies, they had a shit (relative term) year last year, when everyone suddenly stopped driving, traffic jams were impossible to find (so no wasted fuel).
Why have all the tanker drivers "suddenly" disappeared this week, IIRC they are amongst the highest paid in the industry, did Eddie Stobart make them all an offer they couldn't refuse.
If it's down to retirements and lack of newly trained drivers then the Oilco's would have had these stats a year ago.
Cynical? Moi? Hell yes!

The conspiracy theorists amongst us think it has been stage-managed by the Oil Companies, they had a shit (relative term) year last year, when everyone suddenly stopped driving, traffic jams were impossible to find (so no wasted fuel).
Why have all the tanker drivers "suddenly" disappeared this week, IIRC they are amongst the highest paid in the industry, did Eddie Stobart make them all an offer they couldn't refuse.
If it's down to retirements and lack of newly trained drivers then the Oilco's would have had these stats a year ago.
Cynical? Moi? Hell yes!
Stobart went bankrupt, business is business at the end of the day you are in it to win it.

I am not an anarchist, just a realist. The whole institution needs a complete shakedown from top to bottom. We have a civil service who have been set in their ways since the early 18th century, "big" business who can afford to bulldoze their way in to government affairs and policies, "career" politicians of all colours who serve their time and then join the board of multi-nationals (e.g. Nick Clegg, Libdem now Farcebook).
It has always been them and us, and it will always be us that suffer...
That's called state capture.
See South Africa and Gupta brothers. UK Govt, of all flavours past and present, are inept rank amateurs by comparison.

In all seriousness I'm in muchos need of fuel.....again

You're not the only one. Everywhere around Derby was totally out last night unless you wanted diesel.

One garage told a reporter normally on a Friday they would sell 8000 Litres, they sold out at 28000 Litres! 🙈 Sheeple!!

I had to fill the other car as well as my son is off to Hastings...... £160 for both sheesh.

For sale, Fuel, Toilet Paper to wipe up the tears, Baked Beans bring it on........

Ffs, mt disabled mother wants to go out. I have just over half tank and though id fill up at 7am as im always up early. I rarely let car go below half tank. Petrol stations were already packed....and others nearby have run out fuel...ffs. traffic off the a13 a406 and a12 near petrol stns is at a stand still.

You're not the only one. Everywhere around Derby was totally out last night unless you wanted diesel.

Or LPG... Asda had a delivery of petrol/diesel this morning, which was sold out by 11.00AM! Luckily those that buy LPG do not seem to have been afflicted by the panic so that was still available - just - I got there just as they had coned off the pumps but when I said I only wanted LPG they let me through. If they decide to send the staff home that will be LPG off the menu too. Mind you felt even more smug than usual when filling up!

Ended up paying 1.71 for Vpower from mway services first thing...limited to £30 so that was enough to get me around the corner 🤣

Put another £35 in on the way back from Leeds just to be sure i had enough for a bit of running about aswell.

Went to Morrison's Keighley they were stewarding the pumps said I needed LPG waved straight in filled up. Did a bit of shopping and had a coffee. Went home garage shut even though they still had LPG though.

Back