• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

WTFingF. Bought a 48 hour tracked delivery from Royal Mail which for some reason they will only accept at a sorting office, so went to sorting office to find they open for 2 hours a day on three days a week, closed the rest of the time, so can't post it until Thursday now. Never using them again. Scamming twats. A quid more a DPD would have collected it.
My local one used to be open all day and really easy to park outside etc but think it hardly ever being open started with Covid, the hours are very short and not open every morning. I always leave a note on the back door for the Postie to leave parcels somewhere incase its not the usual lady, its a nightmare if you have to pick it up from there.

My local one used to be open all day and really easy to park outside etc but think it hardly ever being open started with Covid, the hours are very short and not open every morning. I always leave a note on the back door for the Postie to leave parcels somewhere incase its not the usual lady, its a nightmare if you have to pick it up from there.
Long gone are the days when the main sorting office opened when the sparrows started coughing in the morning and closed just as the owls were getting up. Ours is only open now for a few hours a day, three days a week. Quite bizarre when you consider that Royal Mail has announced a massive rise in profits due to more home deliveries during lockdown, Even more bizarre is that you have to wait 48 hours if they failed to deliver to collect or have it redirected.

Long gone are the days when the main sorting office opened when the sparrows started coughing in the morning and closed just as the owls were getting up. Ours is only open now for a few hours a day, three days a week. Quite bizarre when you consider that Royal Mail has announced a massive rise in profits due to more home deliveries during lockdown, Even more bizarre is that you have to wait 48 hours if they failed to deliver to collect or have it redirected.
Even so I quite like Royal Mail as they don't seem to drop kick your parcel everywhere like couriers.

Even so I quite like Royal Mail as they don't seem to drop kick your parcel everywhere like couriers.
Except for the one who threw my delivery over my 6ft gate this week. Luckily it wasn't the priceless Ming Vase Hermes are delivering...... oh f*** :worried:

I had a suit delivered this morning, it was in a cardboard box and not plastic bag. Hermes left it on the doorstep in the rain despite a note I'd pinned on the door saying I was in and to knock loudly. Fortunately I spotted it before it was completely soggy and probably ruined.

@Stempy - wow that I've bought a suit :joy:

Too fat for the ones I've already got I'm afraid and been invited to RAF Mildenhall for a USAF retirement do. I'm assuming a suit will be acceptable garb 🤞

I love that this thread has 269 pages!

Anyway, I'm not checking back all these pages of middle aged moaning but my major peeve of the moment is people who can't take a right hand bend on a road without crossing into the wrong lane.
Usually at 60+mph and heading towards me with a blank expression on their faces...

I love that this thread has 269 pages!

Anyway, I'm not checking back all these pages of middle aged moaning but my major peeve of the moment is people who can't take a right hand bend on a road without crossing into the wrong lane.
Usually at 60+mph and heading towards me with a blank expression on their faces...
Or them feckers that indicate right and turn left. Those BMW drivers who didn't tick the option box when it came to indicators.

I thought BMW drivers didn't have to indicate? Like Audi drivers don't need driving licences?
I forgot about Audi, apparently if you take your test in a "premium" German car you have to retake it if you buy anything else. This to take account of the lack of indicators and training in the use thereof. Vorsprung Durch Technik as they say in Basildon.

I forgot about Audi, apparently if you take your test in a "premium" German car you have to retake it if you buy anything else. This to take account of the lack of indicators and training in the use thereof. Vorsprung Durch Technik as they say in Basildon.
Anyone in an Audi A1 or Merc A class would be automatically disqualified from driving - for life - if I was in charge.
They really are "special" cars for "special" people. :p

Or them feckers that indicate right and turn left. Those BMW drivers who didn't tick the option box when it came to indicators.
Or indicate randomly right or left just coz it's started raining! WTF!! 🤣

Or indicate randomly right or left just coz it's started raining! WTF!! 🤣
...or wash their windscreen when they see another Elgrand
Oh wait a minute that's me 😚

So much hate, mine has the orange bits fitted........ and I use them from time to time.......

S44OIej.jpg

So much hate, mine has the orange bits fitted........ and I use them from time to time.......

S44OIej.jpg
You sir are a rare breed! A BMW driver with functional indicators... shame your bonnet doesn't close properly :D :D

S44OIej.jpg
Ahh, but that's a real BMW.
Hang on though...people still didn't like BMW drivers back then!

...or wash their windscreen when they see another Elgrand
Oh wait a minute that's me 😚
I had a Suzuki Cappuccino years ago. I never got the hang of the wiper/indicator thing.
I'm about to go through it all over again aren't I?

Back