• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

I had a Suzuki Cappuccino years ago. I never got the hang of the wiper/indicator thing.
I'm about to go through it all over again aren't I?
@Mark76e wash your mouth out with soap! Suzuki Cappuccino!?!! Even Noddy wouldn't been seen dead in one LOL

@Mark76e wash your mouth out with soap! Suzuki Cappuccino!?!! Even Noddy wouldn't been seen dead in one LOL
In my defence...I had a Skyline 32r lined up from an importer - this was around 20 years ago. Can't remember who but he was called Patrick in Japan. All ready to pay for and my wife saw a little red car at the Shell garage being fueled and convinced me to get one.
(We'd only been married 12 months so I was "compliant")
I never did get the Skyline. She was pregnant 12 months later and the Cappuccino got sold.
It was a good little car though to be fair. Had plenty of fun in it. Especially remember being in Windermere and getting a crowd around asking lots of questions whilst a Ferrari next to me was ignored and the ferrari owners face was brilliant!
I was quite proud of our little cappuccino. I have no issues with driving a small car!

(I have also owned a Fiat Multipla - so there.)

Not so much whatTF but whyTF.

I was bored so I made a resin sphere with automatic watch movements set into it. I’m a watch geek…

I wanted to fit it as a 70mm dia gear knob, but it’s rubbish, bubbles everywhere, and not as transparent as I had expected.

The resin drilled and tapped easily, but the bubbles ruined it.

So the question is, how do I get the bubbles out of the resin when I make the next one?

😡

Not so much whatTF but whyTF.

I was bored so I made a resin sphere with automatic watch movements set into it. I’m a watch geek…

I wanted to fit it as a 70mm dia gear knob, but it’s rubbish, bubbles everywhere, and not as transparent as I had expected.

The resin drilled and tapped easily, but the bubbles ruined it.

So the question is, how do I get the bubbles out of the resin when I make the next one?

😡
Resin can be affected by the temperature of the room, resin and the mold when it's poured resin can be heated up to get rid of the bubbles.

My daughter makes lots of resin items - I'll ask her....

She says; quality of resin is the main thing, but you can also try vibrating it as it cures, using an orbital sander or similar.
Like concreters use vibrating pokers to encourage bubbles to escape I guess...

Like concreters use vibrating pokers to encourage bubbles to escape I guess...
Years ago I worked at a steelworks factory, concrete bases were made for new machines and there were plenty concrete pokers around. Some lads were messing about trying to get each others backsides with the 'vibrators'... But they're very powerful and split one lads backside open :joy:

Edit - I should say all that was done was a touch on the backside from the poker through overalls.

Last edited:
How did we get from gear knobs to split backsides - I love it here.

Just for the record, apparently I need a pressure pot to eliminate bubbles from my cast.
The pressure needs to be applied through the whole casting process then the cast will be bubble free.
Sod that I will stick with my bowling Jack.

On holiday in Cornwall. It's 4 am and the fing alarm has gone off in our holiday cottage. Alarm company won't give me a reset code as I could be a burglar and thr property agent's emergency number is just giving out a message saying that can't help me at the moment as they're dealing with another emergency! They're asleep more like. 😡🤬💩💩💩

On holiday in Cornwall. It's 4 am and the fing alarm has gone off in our holiday cottage. Alarm company won't give me a reset code as I could be a burglar and thr property agent's emergency number is just giving out a message saying that can't help me at the moment as they're dealing with another emergency! They're asleep more like. 😡🤬💩💩💩
Maybe the sea wind blowing in through the broken window set it off ;o)))))

And don't play with matches indoors.

Maybe the sea wind blowing in through the broken window set it off ;o)))))

And don't play with matches indoors.
If only!! Eventually got a phone call back from the 'emergency team' at 8.15...only 4 hours after leaving my first message, 3 hours after leaving my second message...and so on! Seems there's a fault in the motion sensor which it turns out the owner of the property knew about but didn't think to tell the managing agents! This place cost a lot of money to rent and I'm not happy 🤬🤬🤬

If only!! Eventually got a phone call back from the 'emergency team' at 8.15...only 4 hours after leaving my first message, 3 hours after leaving my second message...and so on! Seems there's a fault in the motion sensor which it turns out the owner of the property knew about but didn't think to tell the managing agents! This place cost a lot of money to rent and I'm not happy 🤬🤬🤬
...and to make matters worse they've now told me they want to get a report on the broken window before giving me my £500 security deposit back 😱

Property not at described or what could reasonably expected - fault on the sensor they should have fixed. You're not getting the peaceful and quiet enjoyment you would have expected.
Broken window - no report is going to be able to tell them how it happened or what caused it. Smacks of a bit of profiteering of you ask me.

Plasterer to do render should have started this week..... Now it's next Friday... Or the Monday after..... The landscapers have also cried off till next Friday as well.... Honestly, the sun comes out and they all want to be down the beach or pub... Meanwhile, I can't use my own backyard as it looks like downtown Beirut.😞

Plasterer to do render should have started this week..... Now it's next Friday... Or the Monday after..... The landscapers have also cried off till next Friday as well.... Honestly, the sun comes out and they all want to be down the beach or pub... Meanwhile, I can't use my own backyard as it looks like downtown Beirut.😞
Use the same excuse when you come to pay them...........

Last edited by a moderator:
My 26 year old son just rang me to ask if he can borrow the Ellie to go camping with his mates this weekend....answers on a postcard please😱
If I was in your position I would hotfoot it down to the local Van rental company and rent him a Transit Van, pay by the day deals.

It will be well worth the outlay in the long run…….

I can see the conversation when he brings the Elgrand back -

“ Dad it was making that noise when I took it and it was smoking like steam train as we joined the motorway.”

😖

Back