• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

i love the puddle lights are they the battery ones or wired in

£20 in an Elgrand? At £1.50 a litre? That'll get me home then I'll need to turn around for more, infinite loop coming up lol
It’s £1.50 a litre of unleaded round here and people are still queuing to get in when all the due has gone…

Rolled out of bed determined to at least get the oil changed today. Its amazing how quickly 50k miles comes round 😂
IMG_20210925_103910__01.jpg
IMG_20210925_104045__01.jpg
Got her up on the ramps and by accident pulled off a genius move...putting a large piece of cardboard down to lie on. Easy to slide under and out again, none of that walking-on-your-shoulder-blades nonsense.
Neither filter cover bolt sheared, but I did see that an inner and outer CV boot are split, because of course they are. Also got a wet rack gaiter. Great MOT next month. Someone's also jacked the front up by the middle of the cross-member deforming it slightly.
Got oil down my arm to my elbow but didn't drop the sump plug in the oil. Even torqued the bolt and new washer up. Winning.

Fitted a box I made a while ago. Arduino and vibration sensor connect to my WiFi. If there's vibration over a definable threshold it'll trigger an event in my Home Assistant system. Can't remember exactly but think the current draw was about 40ma when sleeping. Solar panel on my dash will keep the battery topped up. Hopefully. When ACC is powered the power to the arduino is cut, so it's dead while driving.
IMG_20210925_141319__01.jpg
Removed the ETC reader (she's never even spoken to me) and put the box behind the hole. At that point I wished I hadn't put the wires and switch on the same end 🙄
IMG_20210925_161527__01.jpg
Really it's just another excuse to do something with an ESP8266 but it may alert me if someone tries to mess with my bus outside my house.

Packing everything away I almost walked face first into this chap but spotted him just in front of me and parked him out of the way!
IMG_20210925_151758__01.jpg

Looked at the coil packs I could actually see and thought nah, those new plugs can wait..!

£20 in an Elgrand? At £1.50 a litre? That'll get me home then I'll need to turn around for more, infinite loop coming up lol
Eurogarages clicked off at £30 yesterday....£1.71 a litre (Mway services) i said to the cashier "that'll get me around the corner" with a rye smile and she gave me the look of death...

Eurogarages clicked off at £30 yesterday....£1.71 a litre (Mway services) i said to the cashier "that'll get me around the corner" with a rye smile and she gave me the look of death...
Why don't they apply a minimum charge of £30? That would stop all the numpty's from topping up when they don't need to.

Why don't they apply a minimum charge of £30? That would stop all the numpty's from topping up when they don't need to.
Because I top mine weekly regardless of how low sometimes could be a fiver sometimes 110

Because I top mine weekly regardless of how low sometimes could be a fiver sometimes 110
Sorry didn't mean to imply you're a numpty 😅
That is no problem in normal situations but this is far from normal. We have people blocking roads around petrol stations waiting to top up with a few pounds worth of petrol when they've already got a week's worth. And people taking in Jerry cans to fill when their cars are already full.
Petrol stations answer is to limit you to £30 worth so people have to fill up more often than normal.

That is no problem in normal situations but this is far from normal. We have people blocking roads around petrol stations waiting to top up with a few pounds worth of petrol when they've already got a week's worth. And people taking in Jerry cans to fill when their cars are already full.
Petrol stations answer is to limit you to £30 worth so people have to fill up more often than normal.
I know what you mean bud I have 50liters in jerry cans but only because I get them from shell out of my points (pre fuel panic) get 10 quid a week in points I have my fuel tank brimmed above full at all times as soon as it hits full I top up 8 liters and gas I pump in every week but I tend to stick to the gas only forecourts so no messing around with ques
Wife response was iv got half a tank left that will last 2 weeks then il use the jerry cans if needed

Its like a comedy....... I wonder wha shite I have at home that I need to sell, just need to create a crisis to shift it.

What have we learned today...

1. 600km of driving a 2.5 tonne flying white brick, and Scotlands finest midges is never going to end well.

2. An award winning, ph neutral snow foam helps to loosen said midges, but also strips off wax and polish 😱 (now looking for recommendations for snow foam that doesn't!)

3. This is the best QD money can buy, period.

4. I still love my bus...what a head turner 😍20210926_163923.jpg20210926_161948.jpg20210926_162030.jpg

20210926_142054.jpg20210926_161858.jpg

Back