• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

glad you got the flap done i would probably of missed that put it together and blown it straight through the engine on startup :scream:

Cheers mate @Bob Edwards I always had a suspicion it was this when I use to drive it hard and thank god I found it whilst doing the timing chain overhaul! :p

Did this to the passenger side door and did some more soldering for some show lights. (fitting this week if the weather holds out)

Wow looks like you have automatic door opening! lol Top job bud!

Spent the night in her for the first time. Pretty stormy during the night but I was as snug as.

Attachments

• IMG_20210926_164546787_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210926_164546787_HDR.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210926_235153748.jpg
    IMG_20210926_235153748.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210926_192704162.jpg
    IMG_20210926_192704162.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 23
I find it amazing that you are able to do so much and want to.

Hats off to you.

Unfortunately it has to be done as I cannot rely on the garages here to do the work correctly!
I try to fit it around everything else going on in my life at the moment hence why its taken 5 months so far to fix the engine! lol
Thanks for the comment though its much appreciated!

Can't take all the credit for this as @Mr G also helped on this as well as @Backwardsfish, cheers also to them! :p
Today I had one of those lightbulb moments (pun intended). As I was peeling the lid from a tin of mackerel at lunchtime it curled into the perfect shape for the dip beam mask in the headlamp. It's also a thicker gauge than a Coke so a bit more sturdy. So I've stripped the paint off and cut to size, then did some experimenting to find the best position. The oven proof glue should arrive tomorrow.

Cheers Bob. I think the spots on the HWS are different to rider ones.

Today I had one of those lightbulb moments (pun intended). As I was peeling the lid from a tin of mackerel at lunchtime it curled into the perfect shape for the dip beam mask in the headlamp. It's also a thicker gauge than a Coke so a bit more sturdy. So I've stripped the paint off and cut to size, then did some experimenting to find the best position. The oven proof glue should arrive tomorrow.
Are these for the "beam deflectors" or another fettling project that you are working on?

Back