• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

So just been sat in my bus just for some peace and quite and noticed that the interior light on the passenger side is on very very dim constantly. Has anyone seen this before??

So just been sat in my bus just for some peace and quite and noticed that the interior light on the passenger side is on very very dim constantly. Has anyone seen this before??
Try smacking it?

I was going to try the place @mr.benn recommended.
Post in thread 'Project ベテイ'
https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/project-ベテイ.21886/post-387373
I would do the work myself but as I don’t have a jack, axle stands, a flat drive, the time, but most importantly the want to actually do it. So I’ll source them and get my local mechanic to fit them.
Ah they look good the adjustable ones. Don't have uprated suspension but may do in the future. Good that the adjustable can change the individual bits as those drop links always go anyways.
I'm getting garage to do it too as I'm same as you, sloped drive, no 3t jack and stands and can't be arsed breaking my back on my day off. 😄

I went for a walk in the lakes today. Got back to the van and made fresh coffee in my Moka pot and hot chocolate for the kids. Camping stove in the boot and loads of room.
Couldn't do that in my last car!
You couldn't have one of these in a Vauxhall Corsa
table fitted.JPG

You couldn't have one of these in a Vauxhall Corsa
View attachment 62270
Would need to sell a couple of kids. With our seating arrangements, 3 boys in the middle and the two girls flatly refusing to give up what they call the "luxury air line seats" in the rear, I'm confined to the boot.
Even still, there's loads of room. Pulled up a couple of camping chairs under the lid and made the kids stay in the seats. Our little Elgrand coffee shop! 🥰

While working on the suspension, I made some custom axle stands. Once I had the idea, it all came together pretty quickly. :p

IMG_0640R.PNG

Last edited:
Just got my new E51 HWS S3 out during the day for the first time. Had been reading the threads about the clock issue last night and was resigned to sticking a cheap clock over the one in the headlining.
In all the clock threads I have not seen one mention of going through the settings and finding clock, then adjust offset, then minus 8 hours (or whatever) Now my clock(s) read UK time! screen and high level - what a result!
Sorry if this is just a S3 fix and is useless to all others, but there may be some S3 owners who didn't know.

Just got my new E51 HWS S3 out during the day for the first time. Had been reading the threads about the clock issue last night and was resigned to sticking a cheap clock over the one in the headlining.
In all the clock threads I have not seen one mention of going through the settings and finding clock, then adjust offset, then minus 8 hours (or whatever) Now my clock(s) read UK time! screen and high level - what a result!
Sorry if this is just a S3 fix and is useless to all others, but there may be some S3 owners who didn't know.
Interesting. I've seen the offset in the settings on my S3 but it appeared to only be +/- 59 mins. Maybe I misunderstood (not surprising on the Jap menus with Google translate 😁) I'll take another look.

Just buy a Rolex......

Back