• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Drawn up plans for a "Quick and easy in and out flat camper bed"
Now I just need Janet to release the funds 🙏 :grinning:
Funny you should say that, I have just seen that wickes do furniture board for a very reasonable price. Plans for a rear kitchen pod will be drawn up, already told Mrs Page and she has said no. That won't stop me lol 😆

Moved a stage further, used the brackets from the old monitor and made some spacers up to hold the screens backplate in place, when I attached the monitor there is a gap between the screen and headlining drivers side so will take it apart and adjust the spacers (bit of 9mm MDF, nothing fancy), monitor needs to be removed anyway as I need to run in the RCA cable.

For connecting the screen I butchered the old monitor and cut away the female connector and used that to make a lead up, fun and games as they say.

oS2w7hS.jpg

and if anyone wants to know the pin outs on the controller board that the female connector is attached then here is a photo, connector is on the reverse side.

I used B+, ACC and GND to power the unit. I think @Stempy could decipher the rest and maybe make use somehow of the other connections as I am not smart enough.

JLrsIXM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
About to try cooking under the tailgate for the first time.....darn weather. The trip to the beach is notably wetter than we hoped!
You go to the beach to get wet in the sea and for the sand, for the full affect sprinkle some sand in to your food ;o))))))

Out of interest are you just lifting the lid up or do you have a screen/curtain attached to keep the elements at bay?

As I removed the Toll Card reader and added a USB socket in place I also had some spare space, so I added a Battery VM, just testing as I will be running cables soon so no point in putting it back for now.

PTD0ctz.jpg

Quick question, what's better, side or rear conversion? Do they differ alot in price? Thx

Sounds great. How long did it take to fit the replacement parts?
A couple of hours, did it outside my mate's unit (inside a barn). Had the van up on a couple of ramps so I could get underneath.

Slowest bit was getting all the rusty nuts undone.

Back