• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Received my seat swivel from sugoicampers yesterday , got a link to a video to show how to put it together. Will do a write up and photos soon . May do it this or next weekend, stay tuned for more exciting news ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

New tyres, tracking, found an oil leak, discovered Vanzilla has the Ward Executive Line body kit.

I have extremely busy this week.
Took the van for MOT monday morning...nice suprise passed with no advisories...BUT
Since then i have fitted.

Front lower arms front poly bushes.
Front lower arms rear poy bushes.
Rear discs.
Rear pads.
Rear handbrake shoes.
New caliper pins & one new caliper carrier.
4 new wheel studs. (so called tyre fitter cannot put bolts on square.)
20 new wheel nuts.
Airlift 1000 rear airbags. Routed air lines into the rear cubby hole, with T piece so one shrader valve pumps both sides
Rear bottom arm. (bush worn)
Rear subframe/chasis poly bushes.
And...controversial i know....(can of worms). Fitted new TOW BAR!!

Its been a long week, but the ride now is far better. No klonking & with the air bags with only 15psi the ride is far more stable, well happy.

20210514_140641 (1).jpg20210514_140712.jpg20210514_140715.jpg20210514_140723.jpg20210514_140819.jpg20210514_140855.jpg20210514_140927_001.jpg20210514_140947.jpg20210514_142015 - Copy.jpg20210514_141358 - Copy.jpg

I have extremely busy this week.
Took the van for MOT monday morning...nice suprise passed with no advisories...BUT
Since then i have fitted.

Front lower arms front poly bushes.
Front lower arms rear poy bushes.
Rear discs.
Rear pads.
Rear handbrake shoes.
New caliper pins & one new caliper carrier.
4 new wheel studs. (so called tyre fitter cannot put bolts on square.)
20 new wheel nuts.
Airlift 1000 rear airbags. Routed air lines into the rear cubby hole, with T piece so one shrader valve pumps both sides
Rear bottom arm. (bush worn)
Rear subframe/chasis poly bushes.
And...controversial i know....(can of worms). Fitted new TOW BAR!!

Its been a long week, but the ride now is far better. No klonking & with the air bags with only 15psi the ride is far more stable, well happy.

View attachment 54332View attachment 54333View attachment 54335View attachment 54336View attachment 54338View attachment 54339View attachment 54340View attachment 54343View attachment 54345View attachment 54346
Air bags is something I keep saying Iโ€™m going to do on my e50 , but never get round to it , should have put them in when new springs and shocks were done at start of year ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Went to fill up LPG at Morrison's out of use so went to a nearby garage. The pump was very different to De Visser I did not seat properly forgot the trigger was locked tried to alter it. It burned a lot will remember next time. Mentioned it when paying guy said the pump had been in for 30 years and was shit. Gloves next time I think.

Went to fill up LPG at Morrison's out of use so went to a nearby garage. The pump was very different to De Visser I did not seat properly forgot the trigger was locked tried to alter it. It burned a lot will remember next time. Mentioned it when paying guy said the pump had been in for 30 years and was shit. Gloves next time I think.
Lpg burns hurt! I got caught out at a shell garage a couple of years ago and ended up with painful blisters on my hand for several weeks after. Attendant said they thought pump had been repaired as they'd had problems with it. Should have got one of those no win no fee solicitors onto it ๐Ÿ˜…

Made the most of a day off work today.Used T cut kit from Halfords to polish the headlights
Tried out my new pressure washer and gave her a snow foam wash with Demon products
Cleaned as much crap out of the washer channel as I could
Tried Simoniz Liquid Carnuba wax on the paintwork.Not too bad,but slightly disappointed .Maybe I was expecting more from it but it's a good price.
And as a bonus,I went outside for a vape and spotted the evening sky in the side windows!

Attachments

• 20210514_202607.jpg
    20210514_202607.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210514_183513.jpg
    20210514_183513.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210514_183504.jpg
    20210514_183504.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 13
This is more a summary of the last few weeks.. sad days. Over the past few weeks I have kept the battery topped up and fretted over the amount we are about to spend getting it running properly again. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Husband reported the low oil pressure light flickered one day about a month ago. Checking the oil, it was so low it barely registered on the dipstick (lesson 1: never trust someone else to check oil levels, even if it is now their car). Topped it up with 3.5 (!) litres and booked it in for a check. Noticed very smoky exhaust but drove fine with no noises. Garage completed oil service and reported a metallic sheen to the oil. Driving 20 miles to the garage burned enough oil to drop below the low mark on the dipstick.
It's now made its way to @stevemen at Tojo Motors for a replacement engine.
Lesson 2: we had the rear cats decored but the fronts were not - with hindsight, we would have had these sorted/replaced with modern cats. Hopefully Steve will be able to identify if the cats were the culprit but having had LPG fitted by @Lpgc we could have safely gone down this route.
Lesson 3: never assume that the money saved to fix leaking windows and exploding pointing on a stone house would be safe.
The stress!!
Now just to work out how to get to Steve's place to pick it up....

Not very exciting - but checked the jack and wheel brace were in place on my new E51....just in case. Anyone know what the strange black device that folds into a wedge shape is for that is in the bag with the wheel brace?
Just realised I should also release the spare wheel to check it is ok.
Is that the chock for the wheel?

60W equivalent or a real 60W ๐Ÿ˜ณ that'll be like daylight
Very bright. But at least the idiot behind couldn't say, "I didn't see your reversing lights". Have been half reversed out of parking spaces and idiots decide that they can reverse out opposite me nearly crashing into the rear of me.. As if an effing great E51 wasn't big enough to spot. Grump done. LOL

Back