• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Picked mine back up after nearly a week left with @BMR. Fantastic service as usual!

Have decided I'm going to keep it - even though I don't use it that much these days, really can't come up with anything better for the times I do use it!

That leaves me with my other car - the mx5. Had it for 5 years now and it needs welding again. Was only an impulse buy for ยฃ600 but love it to bits! Doesn't really owe me any money and the sensible option is probably to keep using it and stick it on ebay next year when the mot runs out... but I'm starting to get that itch and know it is going to get expensive!

did brian come up with a solution to the air con problem @blingo ?

Picked mine back up after nearly a week left with @BMR. Fantastic service as usual!

Have decided I'm going to keep it - even though I don't use it that much these days, really can't come up with anything better for the times I do use it!

That leaves me with my other car - the mx5. Had it for 5 years now and it needs welding again. Was only an impulse buy for ยฃ600 but love it to bits! Doesn't really owe me any money and the sensible option is probably to keep using it and stick it on ebay next year when the mot runs out... but I'm starting to get that itch and know it is going to get expensive!

Mate ,
if you love it and you get enjoyment from it and it owes you very little , spend some money on it and keep it on the road and enjoy it to the max Sir !
I've got a paramedic mate who drives his car every day to work with the roof down come rain or shine .
He loves his too !!!!
Great little cars !!!
๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

We still have to meet mate , so when I'm back of hols we will make a date and meet somewhere local to us . Heard nice things about you from the window lad . ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘
no problem mate

Sorry replied without engaging brain . It's our wedding anniversary today so intravenous veno brain not in gear. Thought I was replying to dognero .
Happy Anniversary

Washed mine and repositioned the front camera. Don't know what the birds around here have been eating but I now have small yellow stains on my painto_Oo_O Good excuse for a detail later.

Maybe the birds have been feasting on yellow smarties ? ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

did brian come up with a solution to the air con problem @blingo ?
He is getting some blanking plates machined to seal it off at the front - probably going to be a month before they are ready. Going to take it back when they are done. I know I could get it welded up but would rather stick with this idea now and see if it works - would be a simpler off the shelf solution for others...

He is getting some blanking plates machined to seal it off at the front - probably going to be a month before they are ready. Going to take it back when they are done. I know I could get it welded up but would rather stick with this idea now and see if it works - would be a simpler off the shelf solution for others...

thanks @blingo - sounds like a good solution.

I'll get mine pressure tested when it goes for MOT next month & see if they can pinpoint a leak. I'll make sure they are aware of the rear air con pipe.

I'll post back to the air con thread when I know more :)

My mate has just had to make the exact same decision with his 10 year owned MX5. It was rotted to hell underneath and around the rear arches and sills. He has sold off loads of the bits off it and took the shell to the scrappy. In total he made ยฃ1000 which is a huge amount more than what a scrap yard would have paid him for the whole car. If you have had your fun and time with it then get rid and use the Elgrand a lot more.

Really need to do mine, what did you use?

Very useful read @ibebbs๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ. I've got this kit for mine but haven't got round to doing it yet. Reading that has made me want to do mine this weekend.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Ended up doing my headlights today, had a couple of hours to relax by myself for father's day so spent them doing the headlights and cleaning out the inside as it's been used for work over the last few weeks, couldn't relax knowing how yellow the headlights were. Much better now!
rps20180617_195040.jpg

Ended up doing my headlights today, had a couple of hours to relax by myself for father's day so spent them doing the headlights and cleaning out the inside as it's been used for work over the last few weeks, couldn't relax knowing how yellow the headlights were. Much better now!
View attachment 5877
Top job sparkeeee,
I think you should leave that green tape on mate ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

Back