• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well, as it is sunny, and the roads are dry, and I had a cable to post I decided to take the Elgrand for a half hour drive just for the pleasure. It hasn't moved in three weeks so needed some exercise.

Started first click and ran like a dream. Now back on the maintenance charger. The new heated seat cover is a marvellous thing and the new dashcam had its first shoot session.

Well, as it is sunny, and the roads are dry, and I had a cable to post I decided to take the Elgrand for a half hour drive just for the pleasure. It hasn't moved in three weeks so needed some exercise.

Started first click and ran like a dream. Now back on the maintenance charger. The new heated seat cover is a marvellous thing and the new dashcam had its first shoot session.
Where's the 0-60 video?!?

where did you get the cover from, out of interest sir?

in the shed for 3hrs filling/ sanding:rolleyes: filling /sanding:rolleyes: still got pinholes so tomorrow yep more filling/ sanding starting to look like a grill again then its the tricky part re-chrome /silver that's what i buggered up on my nippers vw badge :joy:

in the shed for 3hrs filling/ sanding:rolleyes: filling /sanding:rolleyes: still got pinholes so tomorrow yep more filling/ sanding starting to look like a grill again then its the tricky part re-chrome /silver that's what i buggered up on my nippers vw badge :joy:
Re chrome ??? How

its not chrome as in electroplate but we came up with the idea of silver foil as in hobby stuff but it was too thin and the glue was shite so im going to try with a thicker foil and a better glue ill give it a go on some spare plastic i have if it doesn't work i will have to rethink possibly paint

its not chrome as in electroplate but we came up with the idea of silver foil as in hobby stuff but it was too thin and the glue was shite so im going to try with a thicker foil and a better glue ill give it a go on some spare plastic i have if it doesn't work i will have to rethink possibly paint
I’ve seen chrome spray at paint /body shop but was telephone numbers , over a grand for 4 wheels , so guessing with that price , maybe 300-400 for a grill 🙈🙈🙈

I'm going DIY in my head it should work :joy::joy:🤪

Trying to adjust my parking brake but no luck, believe its new cables needed BUT does anyone know if 3mm to 4mm meat on the brake shoes are fine? Or will I need a new set and cables?

Trying to adjust my parking brake but no luck, believe its new cables needed BUT does anyone know if 3mm to 4mm meat on the brake shoes are fine? Or will I need a new set and cables?
There's a picture of mine I don't see why they should wear because you only use them when you stopped you could check and see if the adjuster is working before you layout for a new set of cables if I use the foot brake the rear wheels lock straightaway.
What I would do is slacken the cables off and then adjust the shoes first so they just turn freely, then adjust the cables again.

IMG_6457.JPGIMG_6459.JPG

Are they riveted or bonded on the shoes

Back