• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

That's annoying because you're not too far away at all do what I said about pulling the cables at the drum end I think you'll find that's where the problem is, and readjust the adjuster before adjusting the cables again.
Is a shame, but yes I will give it ago tomorrow and see whats happening with it. And update you
Thanks chap 👍

Changed two front tyres as they were an observation on last MOT and Ed is in next week.
Forgot to mention had the tracking etc; done as well, I used Protyre in Guildford and the tech showed me on the testing machine that they had all the Elgrand specs programmed in. So if anybody near Guildford needs to have their tracking checked then Protyre can do it, they also have good deals on tyres.

Yes let me how you get on.
All been apart and rubbed down and greased, cables did have sticky stuff on where it comes through the backing plate when pulled through so cleaned and put copper grease on and then pulled it both ways and all seems free now, so adjusted where necessary and seems better but ive not convinced..

All been apart and rubbed down and greased, cables did have sticky stuff on where it comes through the backing plate when pulled through so cleaned and put copper grease on and then pulled it both ways and all seems free now, so adjusted where necessary and seems better but ive not convinced..
Sent you a PM

Pre-shipping pictures have arrived from Japan. Immaculate outside as per auction sheet, excellent inside too with stereo known to have been removed. Seats unmarked, no warning lights on dash. A bit of surface corrosion underneath that should brush off before it gets sealed and could definitely do with a new exhaust @Elementian. ;)

Overall very happy that there are no hidden nasties

more fondling my navi unit to try get bypass to work. can get bypass to work but brake warning light comes on also which i want to avoid (else might go into limp mode as thinks brake is on)

Shouldn't go into limp mode with the handbrake light on, but if you drive off you'll get a big red warning triangle on the screen so you still won't be able to see your satnav.

Just fitted new rear brake pads and put on longer boot struts from SGS.
Has anyone else had issues with the struts not lifting the tailgate to it's full height?
I have to lift it to get it to it's full height, around the last inch on the struts.
They are 800nm units , I've just put some GT85 on the hinges but it feels like the struts themselves

When they are new they are sometimes a bit stiff but should bed in. The cold weather usually makes things worse.

Swapped out a sticking front caliper, and fitted some EBC brake pads at the same time.
One of the passenger side slide pins is rounded so that will be fun at some point.
Hoovered out the inside. Need to buy a new bucket to give it a wash. They've all been used for plaster/concrete at some point by some oppertunistic trades.

Last edited:
Looks like the lever is travelling a lot better now has it worked
No, and garage around me want 80 to 120 to sort them. Now think I have air in system as brake pedal loses pressure as 1 of the little pistons popped out alittle. 😔😪😤

No, and garage around me want 80 to 120 to sort them. Now think I have air in system as brake pedal loses pressure as 1 of the little pistons popped out alittle. 😔😪😤
It's really frustrating because what I can see their working perfectly you shouldn't be having any problems at all once the brakes are adjusted they should work I really can't understand what is going on if only I could get down to you.
Yes you have to bleed the brakes on that rearwheel I forgot to say to you I usually put elastic band around them to stop them falling out.
I can't really give you any more suggestions I really need to see the vehicle it the only way now.

It's really frustrating because what I can see their working perfectly you shouldn't be having any problems at all once the brakes are adjusted they should work I really can't understand what is going on if only I could get down to you.
Yes you have to bleed the brakes on that rearwheel I forgot to say to you I usually put elastic band around them to stop them falling out.
I can't really give you any more suggestions I really need to see the vehicle it the only way now.
It is very confusing why they are not working right as ive done everything that I've been told to do... and I have made enquiries on how to get it to you but not having much luck without hiring a car transporter. Unless I booked an mot near you and come to you instead 😏 😉.

Back