• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

It is very confusing why they are not working right as ive done everything that I've been told to do... and I have made enquiries on how to get it to you but not having much luck without hiring a car transporter. Unless I booked an mot near you and come to you instead 😏 😉.
Have you got a garage or are you doing outside because whoever is not too good for the next couple of days the problem is I doubt if you get an MOT up here because they all seem to be quite booked up.

The problem is I don't have a garage I have to work in my yard

Have you got a garage or are you doing outside because whoever is not too good for the next couple of days the problem is I doubt if you get an MOT up here because they all seem to be quite booked up.

The problem is I don't have a garage I have to work in my yard
I'm outside on my parking bay, and ive phoned a few places around here to do the work and they are pretty full. And ive not checked the weather lately, I tend to look outside and see for myself 😆

Today Ed passed his MOT no advisories, got me thinking that it is six years since I purchased Ed from Free Spirit in Chichester in 2015 and I insisted that Ed came with all new tyres and battery and a service with filters including cabin filters. So checking Ed's Log all the usual preventative maintenance and annual service consumables changed have been done. The following changes were mainly preventative maintenance or mods.

2015: Center row seats removed. Pop Top Roof. Leisure hook up. Fridge and and flip box for 2 x suitcases (also doubling up as part of the bed).
2016: Front Disc and Pads, 2 CV boot inners, Both drop Links.
2017: Towbar.
2018: All Shocks and Springs. All suspension bushes changed for Polyurethane. Inner and outer track rod on both sides. Rear pads.
2019: Replace Pulleys, idlers, tensioners and belts.
2020: Change spark plugs. Both track rod ends. Rear cats decored (old ones were clear almost as new). Full undersealing, refurbished all wheels. Fit subframe mounting polly support washers. New Battery.
2021: 2 x front tyres....( still to do this year ATF and brake fluid, PCV and swirl flaps).
Considering that Ed is a 2003 Ellie the ride is still very stable and the overall performance is stiil smile a mile. I have done 33K and overall Ed has done 137K. The asking price is...nah only joking :grinning: Cheers Ed 🍺

Cheers ED.JPG

Last edited:
New wheels and tyres ( now in the right direction) fitted ... ps anybody interested in a set of 17” black gloss borbets with Michelin cross climates fitted ? 😀View attachment 46439View attachment 46440
Those look absolutely brilliant! I'm normally a full on wheel snob and need everything to be period / geography correct and correlating brands (my mrs says I have OCD.... I'd need to research it for 5 hours to confirm) but they suit your van perfectly.

Removed my HKS 'jap cannon' cos when coupled with a new 18" middle box it sounded like Mount Fuji erupting.
Wanna sell me it? :joy:

Done nothing to mine for few days as been covered in snow ❄, I have noticed both vehicles look really clean now the snow has started to melt saves me getting the snow foam out . But they will get a good wash and going over with some more gyeon wet coat in a day or 2 , b4 the snow reappears.
I swear Ferryhill is the snowiest place in the UK. There was a day last year where I left a sunny 12 degrees morning in Woodham to be greeted by settling snow driving up the hill past the first turnoff 🤔

Well first off, I realised it's much longer than I thought since I logged into here because people are talking about tiers in the unread posts, and I'm sure I've been in lockdown for a decade. Feels like it anyway.

More "since Sunday" than "today" - fitted new bouncy bits and made bits that shouldn't bounce, less bouncy. Even on winter tyres with monster truck sidewalls the ride quality difference is phenomenal. It's gone from "completely unacceptable crashy mess" to "tolerable for all of my intended uses". The nitrogen shocks and RSR springs are both progressive, so they're supple on manhole covers but a little firmer through big bumps... Which is good because had I realised how much it would end up costing me I'd have bought coilovers. I would have liked it lower but the original stuff must have been so shot that it was sagging significantly... When I get the tree fiddy wheels on with correct circumference tyres it'll come down slightly anyway. Its now ideal for potholed MTB car parks.
DSC_0549.JPG

DSC_0552.JPG

DSC_0555.JPG

DSC_0559.JPG

Then I had an hour spare today so began the long and painstaking process of minimising rattles....
DSC_0561.JPG

Then as part of that process, I found that this fitting here makes me feel brilliant...
DSC_0562.JPG
What was I saying about OCD?

well today i was fettling the grill again :rolleyes: used a better glue and thicker foil but will have to come back off as it dried bumpy:( the match was spot:) on so am going to go a different approach:rolleyes: still be chrome:) as soon as i get the stuff ill try it and if it works will do a right up with photos :cool:

I have some chrome effect vehicle wrap if you want to try it.

i might take you up on that i have just bought some 1inch chrome pin stripe i have chrome sticky sheets of varying thickness but just to thick or not sticky enough

I'll have a rummage in the garage tomorrow and find it.

cheers i will get this right :joy: the glue i used was quite thick and it dried bumpy despite brushing it on :rolleyes:

oh god down the slippery rabbit hole of lights :joy::joy::joy: im trying to be stealth by taking the badges off :joy:

Back