• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

maxed her out on the duel carriageway as you gotta do it in the first week of ownership
and i now agree the MPH convertion chip is pants as it goes way past the indicated speed on the dial
but i got it on the phone gps (it was 77 mph officer honest )
You had best get those cats out then as it appears they are blocked.:p

Had a guy comment at the Eurotunnel about the Elgrand when I was running across to the toilets! lol He was following me for many miles and commented on the rear camber, thought my wheels were gunna fall off! lol
I then had two girls in the fish and chip shop talking about the Elgrand, they thought it was American!

IMG_5463.JPG

Had a guy comment at the Eurotunnel about the Elgrand when I was running across to the toilets! lol He was following me for many miles and commented on the rear camber, thought my wheels were gunna fall off! lol
I then had two girls in the fish and chip shop talking about the Elgrand, they thought it was American!

View attachment 5567
What other cars out there get this much attention.... I had a bloke chatting to me for about an hour yesterday, having a good look round and asking all sorts of questions.

What other cars out there get this much attention.... I had a bloke chatting to me for about an hour yesterday, having a good look round and asking all sorts of questions.
Elgrand Chrome bars 002.JPGHijet van pictures 24 March 2011 008.JPGI always got asked about my E50 which loads though was an American van. My Hijet just made folk laugh a lot and gave me years of happiness.

View attachment 5567

Cracking looking van Richard 😎👍 nice setting too 👍👍👍👍
I had a guy come up to me in McDonald's car park the othrr day whilst I was eating a cheeky snack 🍔🍟👍 he wanted to know why my American van was right hand drive .

is that a Bentley you've
Got tucked away
Yes matey albeit I have since sold it and bought the Aston Martin. She was an awesome car to own and I was very proud to have had her for 3 wonderful trouble free years. It was my retirement present to myself when I retired form the Army after 25 years.:DAvebury 2012 pictures 013.JPGAvebury 2012 pictures 019.JPGAvebury 2012 pictures 018.JPGAvebury 2012 pictures 017.JPGAvebury 2012 pictures 020.JPGAvebury 2012 pictures 014.JPGI would say she was the BEST car ive ever owned. A rare and last off the line Turbo RT Mulliner 420 and very very FAST indeed she was. I was the 3rd owner from new. First famous owner paid £185000 for her with all the Mulliner options fitted. I had every single piece of service history paperwork and all the book pack and manuals. A very special car she was and I sold her with a heavy heart at the time but the Aston soon made up for the tears. It wont be long before I think about selling the Aston too as I have 1 more car on my list I wish to own before I give up the classic car scene for good. 35 years is a long time polishing!!!!!! which is what i'll be doing on my E51 later today. Friday is park up for the weekend day and clean her up ready for next weeks usage.:D

Last edited:
Just fitted a Velleman 3rd Brake Light Flasher it works really well put this on the LED top light.
This kit will work on any car or van which has a third brake light (incandescent or LED). It makes only the third light flash at a rate of 7 times per second. It can be adjusted to flash for 5 or 10 times. The re-triggering setting can be in one of two modes.
In other words it doesn’t flash all the time the 1st time you apply the brakes it will flash if you reapply the brakes within 5 seconds it will not flash again stop annoying other drivers behind you ha ha ha ha
They seem to be cheapest to buy from the manufacturer than eBay
http://www.velleman.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p6_MK178.html

The other thing I have fitted is a GSTOP LITE to the 2 middle brake lights in the boot this is only designed for LEDs mine aren’t they are standard bulbs so I had to use 2 relays and it works fine these only work under emergency braking and will stay on for a long period of time even after you have stopped you can get more details from http://www.gstop.co.uk/
I got mine for £6 when it was on offer so you’ll have to find it yourself they’re quite expensive on eBay the cheapest seems to be £11.43 if you don’t know how to wire relays let me know and I’ll draw a diagram.

Well I had a gr8 trip from Newport to Bolton and back to collect my new toy. Secured perfectly in the back of Jinx!!
Best thing about the trip got a return of 11km per litre👍.

Attachments

• 5818D889-523C-4589-ABFE-EF6185FE83F6.jpeg
    5818D889-523C-4589-ABFE-EF6185FE83F6.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 31EB2D6A-0AA0-4736-9074-B0D0AE9F1ACE.jpeg
    31EB2D6A-0AA0-4736-9074-B0D0AE9F1ACE.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 24
did you just remove brake light from outside and fit it, or do you need to remove all the trim from inside door

Back