• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Thanks @Chris T , I have looked through some of these on my phone as they won't download to my iPad but not properly as the screen is too small on my phone! Have pictures of button translations but none of them seem to do anything as the screen is stuck on a service alert and the only buttons that change the display are the heating controls!

There's a few posts on here on how to clear various alert (is it the one with spanner on it?) Let me sort my son out and if it's the same thing I will have a look for you.

Thanks @Phil ...I read this post before becoming a member and try it every time I get in (in the hope it might work) but cannot advance to the second screen to reset the alerts!

Can you take a picture of what's on your screen and put it on here?

There's a few posts on here on how to clear various alert (is it the one with spanner on it?) Let me sort my son out and if it's the same thing I will have a look for you.
Thanks @Chris T , I have read the posts, viewed a you tube video with a Japanese guy doing it and still the only buttons that change the screen are the heating controls until I drive off and the Nissan screen pops up! As a former caravan tech I thought I'd be able to solve this easily!

Can you take a picture of what's on your screen and put it on here?
Got to go and put the cot in the car so will log out and post pic using my phone... Thanks

Thanks @Chris T , I have read the posts, viewed a you tube video with a Japanese guy doing it and still the only buttons that change the screen are the heating controls until I drive off and the Nissan screen pops up! As a former caravan tech I thought I'd be able to solve this easily!

That's really odd, so the little button you can scroll left/right/up/down and select doesn't work?

Swapped out carPC for another one, finally got rid of the chassis intrusion fault and also have a faster processor and more ram now...

That's really odd, so the little button you can scroll left/right/up/down and select doesn't work?
Have taken a photo, how do I post it?

Anything else on that row of buttons do anything? Could it be as simple as damaged pcb, dodgy connector or a fuse?
Doesn't seem so but I have noticed the clock seems to come and go as it pleases so could be pcb issues or a fuse if there is one associated with that particular row of buttons. Can display Nissan logo on rear screen but don't know if that's just what happens anyway as screensaver! Screen is like one on link Phil posted earlier.

Have taken a photo, how do I post it?

Go to tinypic.com and upload it there and copy link or if it's easier just sent you my email address in PM send it to me and I will put it up here

Anything else on that row of buttons do anything? Could it be as simple as damaged pcb, dodgy connector or a fuse?
Thanks a lot for your help, thinking there might be something blocking power to the two rows of switches as everything else in the car works except for the dvd player displaying on the oem screens. Was hoping if I removed the alert, could slowly advance through settings to sort that out! Will post in tech or ice when I get it sorted.

Thanks a lot for your help, thinking there might be something blocking power to the two rows of switches as everything else in the car works except for the dvd player displaying on the oem screens. Was hoping if I removed the alert, could slowly advance through settings to sort that out! Will post in tech or ice when I get it sorted.

It seem like the problem is the buttons not the screen. Maybe worth asking @stevemen if he has a replacement set? Could be a simple swap over and done.

It seem like the problem is the buttons not the screen. Maybe worth asking @stevemen if he has a replacement set? Could be a simple swap over and done.
Screen seems to work and rear screen flips down OK so they have power... It's the buttons that don't!

Thanks for the advice, always good to have another brain on hand for anything I might have missed... Thanks again and when I get it sorted I'll post the solution in case anyone else gets this issue.

maxed her out on the duel carriageway as you gotta do it in the first week of ownership
and i now agree the MPH convertion chip is pants as it goes way past the indicated speed on the dial
but i got it on the phone gps (it was 77 mph officer honest )

Back