• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Just got an arse load of paperwork in my email inbox, a parcel in the mail with the user handbook and remotes for my Elgrand. Get home from running a few errands and another email in my inbox. Invoices for shipping, my Elgrand apparently arrives on the 3rd on June and has been at sea since the 20th of May.....

Shall be an interesting call tomorrow with my importer who said a few days ago my Elgrand is still in Japan for 2 more weeks.

Just spent the last couple of hours washing clay barring and polishing. Next is the wheels bought some polishing pads ,cone shaped and I have some polishing bars from when I had the Harley. See how it goes. 😎👍

Attachments

• 20180528_102359.jpg
    20180528_102359.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20180528_102413.jpg
    20180528_102413.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180528_102435.jpg
    20180528_102435.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 28
Just spent the last couple of hours washing clay barring and polishing. Next is the wheels bought some polishing pads ,cone shaped and I have some polishing bars from when I had the Harley. See how it goes. 😎👍
Nice job. Looks very nice

New led reversing lights....need to try them in he dark so I can hopefully see something on the camera

Well pretty sure the leds put out less light than the standard bulbs.
Best sort out something else.

Had my Ellie in for MOT, passed with flying colours, second year on the trot. The tester was going on about things that are being added to the test in the next year or so, inc. Towbars being checked and said they are also wanting to get vehicles down to zero emission, is that possible ?. He was telling me that testers are now checking to see if the cats have been tampered with as this is a fail, he was explaining to me how people were having their cats cut open the cores removed and welded back up, :sweat: I said "really" ! :eek:.

Does the Elgrand have Bluetooth as standard?
No mate. sadly not.

We are off to Sunday lunch up our local soon but later on and to burn it off I think I will give the " Aldi £2.99 " waterless wax a go and spruce mine back up after yesterdays meet. Apparently its shit but we shall see:p

Last edited:
I drove mine a fair bit in an effort to speed up the curing of underseal, the smoke has all gone but smell is taking longer to fade 😁

Also had my Aircon issue solved by @spuddyo which was nice.

Got K&N air filter coming tomorrow for it (should have been here Sunday bloody Amazon).

I drove mine a fair bit in an effort to speed up the curing of underseal, the smoke has all gone but smell is taking longer to fade 😁

Also had my Aircon issue solved by @spuddyo which was nice.

Got K&N air filter coming tomorrow for it (should have been here Sunday bloody Amazon).
Take it on some longer runs mate so the airflow can give it a good blowing. It will take time thought to both dry off to a tacky feel and the smell to burn off the hot pipes etc. Fitting of the K&N is a good move too buddy.

Pressed buttons on the dash a lot, swore a lot as I can't get the front screen to do anything. Had a nice drive when I picked up the missus and new baby daughter from the hospital though so that Kind of made up for the earlier frustration! Wouldn't recommend using kick down with a 12 hour old baby!

Back