• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I've got multi purpose grease, but concerned that'll attract contamination and bugger them up?
The piston rod is fine, don't put anything on that, it's the outer casing that has about a micron thick coating of paint. I ended up putting heat shrink on mine. A good coating of wax polish might help if you don't want to go to that extreme.

Most people seem ok with the standard, hopefully you'll be ok too :)
My main concern is if they're actually longer, otherwise I've pissed 60 quid away 😭

They came with these ball endings, hopefully they're the longer variant required.

IMG_20201126_160341.jpg

Will find out soon enough 😬

They are about 2cm longer and easy to fit, just have someone hold up the tail gate as you replace them.

My main concern is if they're actually longer, otherwise I've pissed 60 quid away 😭

They came with these ball endings, hopefully they're the longer variant required.

View attachment 44739

Will find out soon enough 😬
They will fit fine dont stress.
You might need to nudge the tailgate up to get it at full height as they tend to sag a little but they do hold at full height once you push it up

The piston rod is fine, don't put anything on that, it's the outer casing that has about a micron thick coating of paint. I ended up putting heat shrink on mine. A good coating of wax polish might help if you don't want to go to that extreme.
You could paint them, mine are currently orange
Don’t worry about them fitting and they are good although can be lazy going up the last few inch in the cold

They are about 2cm longer and easy to fit, just have someone hold up the tail gate as you replace them.
IMG_20201126_164109.jpg

IMG_20201126_164116.jpg

Bit dissapointed to be honest, it's slightly higher. My drive is on a gradient though, so possibly skewing my judgement as I'm going upwards myself when walking to the very end of the boot.

Will go out later and have a look on the flat.

I'm more impressed at how clean the van was from Tuesdays cleaning sesh, I love that pearlescent white sparkle 😍

Make sure they are all the way up, should be on the first fit and they should go up much faster than before
As said though, I help mine up the last bit in the cold, but they stay there
Should have about 6/7 inch height gain

Make sure they are all the way up, should be on the first fit and they should go up much faster than before
As said though, I help mine up the last bit in the cold, but they stay there
Should have about 6/7 inch height gain
Absolutely no way I've got that much lol maybe I need to give it a push.

Old / new side by side looked no difference at all really before fitting.

Christmas come early 😁

Attachments

• 20201126_172948.jpg
    20201126_172948.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 11
View attachment 44745

View attachment 44746

Bit dissapointed to be honest, it's slightly higher. My drive is on a gradient though, so possibly skewing my judgement as I'm going upwards myself when walking to the very end of the boot.

I'm more impressed at how clean the van was from Tuesdays cleaning sesh, I love that pearlescent white sparkle 😍
I think yours might be 700 or 750N... but it should still raise to the same height as everyone else's.. go n give it a nudge

View attachment 44745

View attachment 44746

You did fit them the right way around? ;o)))

Assume so lol piston at the top, Rod at the bottom. That's how the stock were anyway 😬
You need some extra spacers on the top bracket.

i used a piece of spare perspex i had kicking around cut to the shape of the top bracket about quarter inch gave me 3to 4-inch extra height

Take the Black bracket off and pack it out?

What did you use, assume just washers wouldn't spread the load evenly.
I used some aluminium spacers that came with a TV wall bracket.

Struts.jpeg

i used a piece of spare perspex i had kicking around cut to the shape of the top bracket about quarter inch gave me 3to 4-inch extra height
Could be time to stick my 3d printers to use then. ABS at around 1cm thick should give me mega lift, maybe too much.

Back