• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Did a search could be Lucas Golf Cart batteries,

Yes those look very similar. I figured they would make fairly reasonable leisure batteries as they should be designed for deep cycling.

Today, on a particularly quiet stretch of motorway, I finally proved that my Bravery Corporation ECU doesn't have a speed limiter as the needle went round as far as it would go! 😱 Which also proves my point about white ones being fastest. Felt completely stable with the new suspension so didn't chicken out.

Today, on a particularly quiet stretch of motorway, I finally proved that my Bravery Corporation ECU doesn't have a speed limiter as the needle went round as far as it would go! 😱 Which also proves my point about white ones being fastest. Felt completely stable with the new suspension so didn't chicken out.
Welcome to the non speed limiter club,,😂,,

So faster than 112mph, tut tut

How can you reflash the ECU or remove the limiter?

;o)))))

Glad you made it back from Germany ok mate. ;););)

The fuel gauge dropped as quick as the speedo climbed!

Wish there was a private motorway near me :worried:

I fitted replacement replacement boot struts from SGS. The last pair at 830N weren't powerful enough so they have supplied me with 1000N ones. No more trouble getting **THE BOOT** up now, even in cold weather.

Last edited:
I fitted replacement replacement boot struts from SGS. The last pair at 830N weren't powerful enough so they have supplied me with 1000N ones. No more trouble getting it up now, even in cold weather.

Thanks for the insight into your personal life as well as Elgrand life lol

My second Elgrand arrived today,

sB1htXE.jpg

I fitted replacement replacement boot struts from SGS. The last pair at 830N weren't powerful enough so they have supplied me with 1000N ones. No more trouble getting it up now, even in cold weather.
Check what your missus is saying on Mumsnet before boasting............ ;o))))))

Mine arrived today, might fit them tonight if the misses will help.

No idea what pressure they are, I went on SGS and typed Elgrand and bought those. It doesn't ask for a pressure value doing it that way. The silver ball caps look quite long, so hopefully they're the correct ones!

Oh and snazzy slipper socks for the win 😁

IMG_20201126_140739.jpg

Mine arrived today, might fit them tonight if the misses will help.

No idea what pressure they are, I went on SGS and typed Elgrand and bought those. It doesn't ask for a pressure value doing it that way. The silver ball caps look quite long, so hopefully they're the correct ones!

Oh and snazzy slipper socks for the win 😁

View attachment 44733
I think the standard are 800N. Not sure why 830 wasn't enough for my heavy boot, perhaps its the weight of the extra Bose speakers?!

I think the standard are 800N. Not sure why 830 wasn't enough for my heavy boot, perhaps its the weight of the extra Bose speakers?!

Pretty good service that you can send them back for more gas. Did you pay extra for that or just P&P?

Pretty good service that you can send them back for more gas. Did you pay extra for that or just P&P?
To be honest it's been a bit of a faff. I've had to hassle them no end over a period of almost 2 months. They ignored lots of e-mails, they said they would refund me but didn't, and I ended up paying for a 2nd set. To say their customer service is a shambles would be an understatement, based on my experience over the last month I think they might have finally refunded me today. I paid postage to return them, but it wasn't much so I don't mind. The end result is good though!

Mine are 850 and seem to still be ok after 3 years, i'll have to ask her about the other thing:expressionless:

To be honest it's been a bit of a faff. I've had to hassle them no end over a period of almost 2 months. They ignored lots of e-mails, they said they would refund me but didn't, and I ended up paying for a 2nd set. To say their customer service is a shambles would be an understatement, based on my experience over the last month I think they might have finally refunded me today. I paid postage to return them, but it wasn't much so I don't mind. The end result is good though!
Christ I hope mine are right then!

I can concur regarding the customer service.

Back