• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

This reminds me, does anyone know where I can get red EL wire thats actually red rather than a washed out slightly orangey/pink colour?

This reminds me, does anyone know where I can get red EL wire thats actually red rather than a washed out slightly orangey/pink colour?
I will be after some purple EL wire soon, so let me know if you find some good stuff

Can't vouch for the colour but this has a tag for easier fitting.

I got mine from elpanelandtape.co.uk and to be fair it looks like the pictures on the website. I ordered a panel and just added the sewable wire to the order to see what it was like and they generously sent a splitter free so good service.

I got some lighting acetone sheets for over the panel, ordered 1 of each red to see which I liked best (in top of photo over the panel) but obviously not an option for the wire so I doubt I'll bother with that idea.

F46DE4D5-289C-4EB8-8CD5-40454435E758_1_105_c.jpeg27F3E507-4775-47B0-8B76-6D1CCB824829_1_105_c.jpeg

Problem you might have with purple is it looks like red plum type shade when off and lilac when on.Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 15.25.31.png

So today I did not use snow foam beacuse I don't have any, but I did use Autoglym car wash and several buckets etc., then used all the old back of the cupboard car polish I could find. Waited till near dusk so you can't see the dinks and dents and just like that, Ed was cleaned and polished.

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 13
Fitted the longer uprated gas struts and led tailgate lights. Going to make load in muddy bikes btonthrough the winter night rides so much easier.

Struts are also a big improvement, at 6ft I can now fit under the tailgate easily even with the van lowered on coilovers.

Attachments

• 49A3D4AC-1E3A-429D-AD1C-A2F67B5C4729.jpeg
    49A3D4AC-1E3A-429D-AD1C-A2F67B5C4729.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 15
  • E51D0E37-BF97-4F61-9C00-07C49358B3AB.jpeg
    E51D0E37-BF97-4F61-9C00-07C49358B3AB.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 15
Fitted the longer uprated gas struts and led tailgate lights. Going to make load in muddy bikes btonthrough the winter night rides so much easier.

Struts are also a big improvement, at 6ft I can now fit under the tailgate easily even with the van lowered on coilovers.
You're the first person I've seen with those boot lights. Are they easy to wire up? Presume you fed wires down the boot lining to the small boot light and wired up there?

I might get some for when I'm loading up the paramotor in the evenings.

You're the first person I've seen with those boot lights. Are they easy to wire up? Presume you fed wires down the boot lining to the small boot light and wired up there?

I have them but also the tailgate speakers, should be fun.........

Yeah, real easy to fit and wire in. I only took 2 bits of trim off (centre top piece around 3rd brake light and the section that runs down from that to the main tailgate cover, rest can be done via the blanks you remove.

Makes a massive difference, I usually end up faffing about with head torches in the winter!

Out of interest can you let me know the make and model of the battery that you used?
Ta

Not sure off hand, they came out of a mobility scooter that I converted into a mini Land Rover. I think they were 35Ah each so a total of 70Ah.

Had been hoping to get out and fix up the hazy headlight on my new E51 but rain stopped play :(

So instead fitted a new Pioneer double din to replace the broken cd player and mini disc that I'd no use for.

Everything went surprisingly smoothly, all up and running, steering wheel controls hooked up and DAB aerial fitted :D

Attachments

• 20201124_163154.jpg
    20201124_163154.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 13

I have a set to fit as well......

Not sure off hand, they came out of a mobility scooter that I converted into a mini Land Rover. I think they were 35Ah each so a total of 70Ah.
Did a search could be Lucas Golf Cart batteries,

Bought anew engine for mine

now its oil and Spark Plugs to be purchased...any recommendations?
Denso Iridium TT Spark Plug IKH16TT are quite popular, I've put them in mine.

Back