• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

fitted the gas struts with help from grandson, today started her up drove up to the factory estate and back.
been such a long time since driving I’ve forgotten what all the buttons do. Went mad and opened the bonnet for first time, so what is this silver oval shaped bar goes from one side to other side, can’t see anything from it

Today I turned this.......

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 25

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 30
fitted the gas struts with help from grandson, today started her up drove up to the factory estate and back.
been such a long time since driving I’ve forgotten what all the buttons do. Went mad and opened the bonnet for first time, so what is this silver oval shaped bar goes from one side to other side, can’t see anything from it
Well if you don't want it, I'll have it. ;)

Discovered I have a slow puncture. Thought the handling felt a bit off yesterday, so all tyre pressures checked and adjusted. Feels much better now. I don't know what it is but this Elgrand seems to put a jinx on tyres. I have had to replace three so far, coincidentally - or maybe not - all on the nearside rear. This time it is the nearside front.

The last one decided to let go at 60mph at the end of what was already the worst August bank holiday I can remember:

DSC_0134[1].JPG

Wonder what the advocates of "spare in a can" think? At least the remains of the tyre did a good job of saving the rim. As it was after a little bit of effort I was on my way with the space saver, which is getting far more miles on it than I ever wanted it to...

I always recheck my tyre pressures if they have been replaced (all vehicles) as I have found some centers tend to overinflate:(

I always recheck my tyre pressures if they have been replaced (all vehicles) as I have found some centers tend to overinflate:(

Yes, I do that too. I regularly have a walk around before driving as well - if a tyre is down a few PSI it is usually pretty noticeable, indeed that is how I discovered it today!

I’ve just put my motor through its first MOT since buying it nearly a year ago and it passed with one advisory - OS/F anti roll bar link rod dust cover split, so well happy.
Even though we’ve had lockdown, I’ve been from east to west coast, up to the highlands and to the Lakes regularly. It’s been a joy to drive, her indoors loves it and there is loads of room for the dogs and grandkids. I’ve spent £500 changing the jap tyres, £250 for a repair to the front bumper, let’s not mention fuel costs😁
To say I am impressed with the motor would be an understatement.

yep its childish but fun :joy: but even better when someone is looking at the grand as i walk across the car park the look on there faces is a real giggle:innocent::joy:

I'm pondering a leisure battery for my beast Where have you put yours?

Just thought I would post some pics of where I put my leisure set up about 5+ years ago so we could have a full van width bed (length 180cm) as the priority was always a good nights sleep and the world is a great place. Red plug is a polarity tester for Europe:
Emms, I put mine between the seats

Reactions: Ems

Put mine in the cubby box area at the back:

3a2bGu6.jpg

Washed the van again today. Used some Bilt Hamber Surfex HD, by eck that's some good stuff used at 10% ratio from a pump up pressure sprayer! Used Turtle Wax Dry & Rinse at the end as its cheap and got really good reviews on the detailing world forum. Impressed with that stuff, spray and pressure wash off straight away. Got some lovely beading now. The best bit, no more dirty Brazilian on the roof! Opened each door, stood on the side steps and my monkey arms can reach all over.

Now just waiting for the royal mail to bring me my new boot struts 👍 happy days.

Washed the van again today. Used some Bilt Hamber Surfex HD, by eck that's some good stuff used at 10% ratio from a pump up pressure sprayer! Used Turtle Wax Dry & Rinse at the end as its cheap and got really good reviews on the detailing world forum. Impressed with that stuff, spray and pressure wash off straight away. Got some lovely beading now. The best bit, no more dirty Brazilian on the roof! Opened each door, stood on the side steps and my monkey arms can reach all over.

Now just waiting for the royal mail to bring me my new boot struts 👍 happy days.
The Snow Foam is good.........

The Snow Foam is good.........
Indeed, I used the Bilt Hamber snow foam directly after the Surfex HD. The Surfex you could see dissolving all the greases, the back end looked brand new once we'd pressure washed it all off.

Took 2 of us about an hour and a half in total, happy with that.

Back