• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Today I began the task of undercarriage replacement. Didn't start until 4pm but had time to complete the rear left spring and shock. No dramas, all came apart fairly easily. Noted that the top mount lower rubber was perished so will attempt to source a new pair for both sides.

I wound the spring preload to max as a starting point, and having refitted the wheel and run it up and down the drive to settle I noted that the ride height is now higher than it was with the standard spring, which I am quite pleased about as I now know there is a good range of height adjustment.

I hope to have time to complete the other side tomorrow and then the rear ARB.

Last edited:
Today I began the task of undercarriage replacement. Didn't start until 4pm but had time to complete the rear left spring and shock. No dramas, all came apart fairly easily. Noted that the top mount lower rubber was perished so Will attempt to source a new pair for both sides.

I wound the spring preload to max as a starting point, and having refitted the wheel and run it up and down the drive to settle I noted that the ride height is now higher than it was with the standard spring, which I am quite pleased about as I now know there is a good range of height adjustment.

I hope to have time to complete the other side tomorrow and then the rear ARB.
Bet you can't wait to try them out no more banging mine was like a different bus when I did my fronts and they are only oem

Bet you can't wait to try them out no more banging mine was like a different bus when I did my fronts and they are only oem
Yes, looking forward to it. The knackered suspension was the only thing letting it down, so it should soon be perfectamundo.

Early morning going over with TAC Systems Shinee wax, while waiting for my pupil.

Attachments

• 20200919_080128.jpg
    20200919_080128.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200919_080103.jpg
    20200919_080103.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200919_080057.jpg
    20200919_080057.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200919_080046.jpg
    20200919_080046.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200919_080039.jpg
    20200919_080039.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200919_080025.jpg
    20200919_080025.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200919_080032.jpg
    20200919_080032.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 12
I actually love a Chinook, they fly over my house quite often with their wokka wokka wokka.
You do know the chinook defies the law of physics? The two engines should put it apart but it doesn’t... also cruising speed is 100 mph and max speed is 300mph and can carry 40 troops ... it was a long drive to work and I often wonder ,,,,

Gave my bus a bath (again) this time I got the ladder out and washed and ceramic polished the roof, I also gave the roof a coat of hydrophobic spray ( first time I have used it but will be another layer of protection for winter.View attachment 41173

At least it will look clean for today and may be tomorrow.
I need to get mine done, no choice but to park under a sycamore tree. Makes a right mess.

I actually love a Chinook, they fly over my house quite often with their wokka wokka wokka.
Same here, we often have 3 going over in formation...great sound, just needs 'Ride of the Valkyries' playing to top it off

Not Elgrand related but it is a Nissan. Went to see this serena today, really nice colour, coilovers , wheels etc. Thinking of buying it 🤔😎👍Also saw this lovely Elgrand 😍😍😍😍💜 Bloody tempted by both. 🙏🤞🤯 not telling you where otherwise you will go and buy them. 20200919_115535.jpg

Attachments

• 20200919_115520.jpg
    20200919_115520.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200919_115525.jpg
    20200919_115525.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200919_112439.jpg
    20200919_112439.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200919_112839.jpg
    20200919_112839.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 25
Not Elgrand related but it is a Nissan. Went to see this serena today, really nice colour, coilovers , wheels etc. Thinking of buying it 🤔😎👍Also saw this lovely Elgrand 😍😍😍😍💜 Bloody tempted by both. 🙏🤞🤯 not telling you where otherwise you will go and buy them. View attachment 41218
I think a lot of people will recognise where they are 🧐🤣

Sold my Elgrand after 10 years a few months back but just bought a 2007 Serena Highway Star, like the Elgrands little sister. Doesn't seem to be any proper owners club, which is a shame. Wonder if ElgrandOC would mind hosting a Serena section or is that a step too far? Need to work out how best to tackle the Japanese ICE.... can't be too different from an E51 can it? same era. Anyone got any suggestions.

Not Elgrand related but it is a Nissan. Went to see this serena today, really nice colour, coilovers , wheels etc. Thinking of buying it 🤔😎👍Also saw this lovely Elgrand 😍😍😍😍💜 Bloody tempted by both. 🙏🤞🤯 not telling you where otherwise you will go and buy them. View attachment 41218

Is the purple Elgrand 2.5? How much is it?

Fitted the right hand side shock and spring this morning then took it for a stage one test drive.

Took a route that I know would always send it into suspension melt down and happy to report that both rear wheels stayed on the ground and it didn't bottom out once. Next stage the rear ARB.

Sold my Elgrand after 10 years a few months back but just bought a 2007 Serena Highway Star, like the Elgrands little sister. Doesn't seem to be any proper owners club, which is a shame. Wonder if ElgrandOC would mind hosting a Serena section or is that a step too far? Need to work out how best to tackle the Japanese ICE.... can't be too different from an E51 can it? same era. Anyone got any suggestions.
You can change the double din as in the Elgrand so I'm told .

You can change the double din as in the Elgrand so I'm told .
Thanks Simon58
Definitely an option, and I'm sure this really lives in the ICE section, but hey it's not even really an Elgrand.
Here is the setup though.....
I have a double DIN dvd player with a screen above it which shows sat nav and menus, also double DIN size, and a flip down roof screen in the rear.
2 cameras, one reverse and one blind spot show on the screens and also the Carwings system looks like it can control some of the vehicle features, like lighting modes.
It looks almost identical to the same year UK X-trail ICE system and maybe that would slot in place but that's a 6 disk multi-changer head unit not a dvd so the rear screen would be wasted.
Would love to replace it all with modern stuff.
I swapped out the head unit on my E50 with a modern DAB one but that left all the screens bricked. Totally want to do a better job on this one. Will share all info if I ever get it working, as long as I can find a forum to share on.

Thanks Simon58
Definitely an option, and I'm sure this really lives in the ICE section, but hey it's not even really an Elgrand.
Here is the setup though.....
I have a double DIN dvd player with a screen above it which shows sat nav and menus, also double DIN size, and a flip down roof screen in the rear.
2 cameras, one reverse and one blind spot show on the screens and also the Carwings system looks like it can control some of the vehicle features, like lighting modes.
It looks almost identical to the same year UK X-trail ICE system and maybe that would slot in place but that's a 6 disk multi-changer head unit not a dvd so the rear screen would be wasted.
Would love to replace it all with modern stuff.
I swapped out the head unit on my E50 with a modern DAB one but that left all the screens bricked. Totally want to do a better job on this one. Will share all info if I ever get it working, as long as I can find a forum to share on.
Oh yeah missed one detail. Also has the triple phono style audio/video aux connection like the Elgrands, but also has a 100V AC output next to it. Thinking about hooking in some kind of retro console and a couple of controllers for the rear passengers to kill each other with. That would be pretty sweet.

Back