• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Fixed my window that would go up alright, just about, but drop gradually by itself when lowered a little, it was all or nothing.

Got it sorted from great posts on here:

adjusted limit afterwards:

Two of my bolts had dropped out, so i had to refit them with washers. All good now 👍

And i think the road noise that made me think the sliding door (and would drive me nuts) was open has gone :)

20200913_173553.jpg

You might be right, I'm not a knob expert....everyone else's knobs bend the wrong way, this way is "normal"!
Too many funny innuendos possible here, but i know this is family forum so i will refrain :innocent:

I actually love a Chinook, they fly over my house quite often with their wokka wokka wokka.
Same here, though I when think I hear one and run to the window it's usually just a pair of Apaches!! (which is pretty cool to see too though)

I changed the engine oil today, replacing the 5W-30 with the 5W-40 that was on offer at eurocarparts (thanks to @dognero). I used a vacuum extractor to suck the old oil out via the dipstick pipe. Really easy job, no mess either.
I'm quite curious about these vacuum extractors myself! Do you think you got most of the old oil out @Parky

Changed disc and pads with Eurocar parts. Impressed how easy it was. In board parking brake drums makes the job easy , no wind back calipers hate them things.

I'm quite curious about these vacuum extractors myself! Do you think you got most of the old oil out @Parky
I got out a little over 4litres, which is good enough in my book. As a way of refreshing the oil more frequently between proper filter change oil services they're perfect. I'll refresh the gearbox oil next, which is a lot more expensive than the engine oil unfortunately!

I'm talking about car parts, any other interpretation is an indication of a dirty mind! Don't twist my words!
You're right, I apologise, you go back to extracting fluids out of your lube holes with your new pump and we'll not speak of this again :laughing:

I got out a little over 4litres, which is good enough in my book. As a way of refreshing the oil more frequently between proper filter change oil services they're perfect. I'll refresh the gearbox oil next, which is a lot more expensive than the engine oil unfortunately!
Which one did you go for out of interest? I ordered a vacuum pump with the plan to use it for extracting and refilling things, but it got cancelled without explanation. I was in a hurry so I bought a small Sealey syringe. It did the necessary jobs cheaply (filling front diff, rear diff, transfer case and gearbox), but it was hard work!

Which one did you go for out of interest? I ordered a vacuum pump with the plan to use it for extracting and refilling things, but it got cancelled without explanation. I was in a hurry so I bought a small Sealey syringe. It did the necessary jobs cheaply (filling front diff, rear diff, transfer case and gearbox), but it was hard work!
I've heard the Pela branded extractors are meant to be good!

I got the Sealey 5.5ltr one, does the job. It was on Amazon and I’m lazy, but it does have good reviews.

Gave my bus a bath (again) this time I got the ladder out and washed and ceramic polished the roof, I also gave the roof a coat of hydrophobic spray ( first time I have used it but will be another layer of protection for winter.IMG_20200918_120422.jpg

At least it will look clean for today and may be tomorrow.

Finally fitted my ‘Heath Robinson’ installation of TV tuner! Uses the 2 screens and a mini 12v amp with a small 8ohm speaker under drivers seat For audio ... not very professional, but it’s invisible and it works! Quite proud of myself as I’m a complete lemon when it comes to such things. We will probably never actually watch the TV but that was never the point 😃

Back