• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Bought a cheap steering wheel from Jauce, think in total with shipping cost £80, as this one had the gloss black on, a bit of Leather paint and it looks alright, but i think ill retrim it at some point with white leather. Just need to find the steering wheel controls now, as there is a big hole where they should be.
20200916_080412.jpg

Had a couple of rainy hours spare when I got back from a day out at the auto show then walking the dog... decided to have a play with the one man biking trip camping config ahead of my fuel lagoon blinds arriving. Bit of fettling and this is the favourite configuration so far... loads of room to move, 7 foot of bed if I stick something near the dash to rest pillows on, loads of space inbetween seats for bags etc. I'm completely sorted with portable jet wash and solar shower already for a night away at a time now. Amazon camping lantern and a citronella candle and I should be able to hide away in any number of road ends / trail centre car parks. View attachment 39978View attachment 39978View attachment 39979View attachment 39980View attachment 39981
Where did you get the rear seat covers and floor mat from as I’ve been looking for something like this for when I take the bikes in the back so I don’t damage the seats or carpet.

Where did you get the rear seat covers and floor mat from as I’ve been looking for something like this for when I take the bikes in the back so I don’t damage the seats or carpet.

They're custom made by @dognero on here, there's only two in the world and I dunno where the other is I'm afraid! The plans are on here if you search for "Elgrand bootliner".

Got mine back from a new wheel bearing, ARB bushes, subframe washers, rear droplinks and replaced sliders on the NSR caliper last night. Quietest and sharpest it's ever been! Unfortunately the caliper is still sticking so it's going back to get a new caliper from BMR next week.

It’s back and done. Nice tidy job....I would get more pictures but....there ain’t much room. F0D62649-77D2-4EF6-954F-BC077B2CDDD2.jpeg
F0C3D093-40D5-4068-9A3B-C7A9C73B475A.jpegdone in 2 days, the lads I dealt with are dead friendly and looked after it. All the suspension cleaned up and no wiffy smells on the way back. All wheels unmarked after removing the locking wheel nuts with no key.
Happy motoring for winter and £260 all in. Which means extra pennies saved for buying stuff from BMR.

next job, do some driving and finish polishing those headlights.

It’s back and done. Nice tidy job....I would get more pictures but....there ain’t much room. View attachment 41097
View attachment 41098done in 2 days, the lads I dealt with are dead friendly and looked after it. All the suspension cleaned up and no wiffy smells on the way back. All wheels unmarked after removing the locking wheel nuts with no key.
Happy motoring for winter and £260 all in. Which means extra pennies saved for buying stuff from BMR.

next job, do some driving and finish polishing those headlights.
What exactly did u get done for the 260 , is it dinitrol

Oooh you going low
Lower but not too low I hope. I was planning to fit a set of KYB SR Specials as I already have a set of RSR ti2000 springs and don't need racetrack handling, just something that is stable but remains comfortable, as the original suspension is totally shot, there is virtually no damping left on the rear and the bump stops are regularly called upon to do their duty.

But trying to import some KYB's was proving difficult with the current situation and the Teins came up for half the price of importing the KYB's so gift, horse, mouth and all that.

So I am hoping that the Teins will provide a controlled but comfortable ride and the Nismo ARB's will help to control the excessive body roll.

Lower but not too low I hope. I was planning to fit a set of KYB SR Specials as I already have a set of RSR ti2000 springs and don't need racetrack handling, just something that is stable but remains comfortable, as the original suspension is totally shot, there is virtually no damping left on the rear and the bump stops are regularly called upon to do their duty.

But trying to import some KYB's was proving difficult with the current situation and the Teins came up for half the price of importing the KYB's so gift, horse, mouth and all that.

So I am hoping that the Teins will provide a controlled but comfortable ride and the Nismo ARB's will help to control the excessive body roll.
Sounds like you got a good deal definitely feel the difference from standard even more so as yours are shot it will be a lot more firm for sure are you painting them to match your colour scheme or keeping them tein green

Sounds like you got a good deal definitely feel the difference from standard even more so as yours are shot it will be a lot more firm for sure are you painting them to match your colour scheme or keeping them tein green
They will remain green as no one can see them and I will be in @Kermit's good books.

Last edited:
That’s iPad for you. When reducing the file size, it rotates it. Bloody tech!

Back