• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Looks stunning.... Is that just the black in the right light?
Thanks. It's the G30 paint. Purple, Green, Black

The photo is actually a composite of 3, one correctly exposed, one is -1 stop and the other +1 stop, this gives a great affect and really shows the paint off in the right light :)

Went to the tip with half and old BBQ, assorted trash which I'd loaded last night.
The rear was now home to a green Caterpillar and a couple of enormous spider webs.
I hate spiders in cars as they hide and you can never find the little blighters for weeks.

Not so much in... as under... rear de-cat & Underseal today... on a fresh import, sold even before advertised

View attachment 41288
I love this style of lights, i see them on riders but not often on highway stars..... Is this a upgrade, variation or aftermarket mod?
The highway star im looking to buy has all red rear light bar and lights and wonder how hard they would be to change to your style on a e51 s2

I love this style of lights, i see them on riders but not often on highway stars..... Is this a upgrade, variation or aftermarket mod?
The highway star im looking to buy has all red rear light bar and lights and wonder how hard they would be to change to your style on a e51 s2
It’s not unusual for HWS to be fitted with Rider rear lights and front top grille in Japan, probably a dealer fit option. Rare to find the parts in the uk though...

It’s not unusual for HWS to be fitted with Rider rear lights and front top grille in Japan, probably a dealer fit option. Rare to find the parts in the uk though...
Any idea on cost of parts in Uk if they can be sourced?

Installed Xtrons 17.3"
Happy with the install, not fully completed, as I love to upgrade the Radio + TV.
So, need a reason why I should not update the Radio. Sound is via FM and/or dual wireless headsets - this will keep the kids quiet.
Thinking how to run the audio cables. And if I change the Radio will I loose the +12V ?
Got more photos, can post if required. But, basically, removing old screen was easy - just pull the frame. Unscrew. done!

Xtrons 17.3.jpg

Today I failed. First I went out for a spin to try the new rear ARB for the first time. Very pleased with the result. Made more difference than the new shocks.

Buoyant with the feeling of success I set about dismantling the front end. Removed the wiper scuttle then up on the jacks, wheel off, unclipped the brake pipe and ABS sensor wire, undid the two lower strut mounting bolts, just the drop link to remove. Why oh why did I leave the drop link nut until last? Should have known from experience that they are usually complete bastards to remove.

So, you guessed it, wouldn't budge. Even using a flat drive socket it rounded off. Bollocks. So now it seems my only option is to buy new drop links and cut the the old ones off with a grinder. I'll now have to reassemble it all so it's driveable while I obtain the new drop links, by which time the rain will have set in. GGggrrrr.

Back