• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

My quick wash this morning turned into a clay bar and wax. Only got as far as the front doors before running out of ale. :( Rear end and tailgate to follow.
I’m impressed that anyone would wax the big old beast, must take a long time and kill your arms. I’ve only washed mine once so far :neutral:

I have searched the internet for the last hour to find out about this new detailing product "Ale" but can't find anything on it.
Is there not a substitute you could have used to finish the cleaning of your van?

I have searched the internet for the last hour to find out about this new detailing product "Ale" but can't find anything on it.
Is there not a substitute you could have used to finish the cleaning of your van?
If you wanted some old school stuff try Diamond white...........but remember not to use too much of it.

If you wanted some old school stuff try Diamond white...........but remember not to use too much of it.
Wow, finish the job in 5 mins with that stuff. Might not look as good as you remembered it the next morning though :joy:

Wow, finish the job in 5 mins with that stuff. Might not look as good as you remembered it the next morning though :joy:
That's the big problem using diamond white, you finish and you think it looks great, but when you open the curtains in the morning and have a closer look you see the mess

There's no substitute for a good IPA. Nothing gets done round here without it.

That's the big problem using diamond white, you finish and you think it looks great, but when you open the curtains in the morning and have a closer look you see the mess
Agreed!

Don't think I'd get as far as putting the shampoo in the bucket if I drank that stuff🤪

My quick wash this morning turned into a clay bar and wax. Only got as far as the front doors before running out of ale. :( Rear end and tailgate to follow.
I’ve ended doing exactly the same so many times.. that’s today’s job also before it gets too hot , black windows dry to dam fast

Fitted a new double din facia old one cracked in a few places , a new ariel and a cover on rear light bar , still not sure about the light cover ? .

Attachments

• 20200712_094646.jpg
    20200712_094646.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200712_094632.jpg
    20200712_094632.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200712_094456.jpg
    20200712_094456.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200712_094122.jpg
    20200712_094122.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 32
Fitted a new double din facia old one cracked in a few places , a new ariel and a cover on rear light bar , still not sure about the light cover ? .

The smoke effect on the light bar cover has almost gone, so could probably do with a little bit of tint added to darken it down again.

I'm going to be re-doing some of my faded plastic, using the headlight 'smoke' tint spray.

This stuff - E-Tech Smoke Black Light Lens Tint

Last edited:
The smoke effect on the light bar cover has almost gone, so could probably do with a little bit of tint added to darken it down again.

I'm going to be re-doing some of my faded plastic, using the headlight 'smoke' tint spray.

This stuff - E-Tech Smoke Black Light Lens Tint
Trouble is if I go to dark I loose the Elgrand sticker on the back light 🤔 . May just take it off and sell it . 😎👍

So do you recommend the wax?

Back