• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Oh deer, mind you sometimes it's as good to now what doesn't work too lol

yes, they are costly mistakes, land rovers 🤣🤣

sorry, you set me up for that one. 😬
Yeap but the wife wanted one.. cost me a fortune in repairs the turbo alone was £1,400... what does she drive now I hear you ask? A Nissan cubic that’s what ..and on the rare occasion she drives daisey

I've only gone and taxed it again! Only really because we have a final Uni trip at the end of the month, but I think I need to go out in it more now, get my sanity back. I've really missed it. Got till October for the MOT but tyres will be sooner.

Just need to get that back brake freed off now.

So, I ordered the replacement Tail Lift Struts from SGS (see other thread) and removed the old (corroded) ones this evening. The top brackets, lower ball connectors and the tail gate rubber stop mounts (and their bolts) were all showing signs of rust, so I removed the lot. I have treated the rust and they are drying. I will slap a coat of Hammerite Direct-To-Rust on the lot and refit tomorrow.

It will be the mirror rocker switch (on right side of dash just past steering wheel on mine)
Hi, what do you mean? Which switch, the open close one? which setting for auto fold? It was working earlier then i messed about witht hem and no longer works lol

Bus has been a bit neglected over las few weeks, torn medial cartilage in left knee. So today not in to much pain today, so wash , clay cloth , polish with chemical guys Butter wet wax , then panel wipe then coat of chemical guys pète's 53 wax. Not my best work , it needs a good going over with some Scholl S20 black just to cut it back a it and get a better deeper shine. But thats for another time when I can use the garage at work one Saturday.

Attachments

• 20200708_110428.jpg
    20200708_110428.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200708_110407.jpg
    20200708_110407.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200708_110357.jpg
    20200708_110357.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200708_110348.jpg
    20200708_110348.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 19
So, I ordered the replacement Tail Lift Struts from SGS (see other thread) and removed the old (corroded) ones this evening. The top brackets, lower ball connectors and the tail gate rubber stop mounts (and their bolts) were all showing signs of rust, so I removed the lot. I have treated the rust and they are drying. I will slap a coat of Hammerite Direct-To-Rust on the lot and refit tomorrow.
OK, struts fitted. A little extra height, I won’t bang my head now. Works fine, struts behave exactly like the old ones.

Just finished replacing suspension bushes for powerflex ones, ARB bushes, drop links and both aux belts. Droplinks were a PITA ....had to take an angle grinder to them in the end. Bushes were not as difficult as I thought they would be. They were that bad they pretty much twisted off with little effort.
Front end is much better....no knocking and no vibration under braking.... the steering has also got better, lighter, surprisingly. Possibly the new belts 🤔.
Anyway....well worth doing.
Thanks to BMR for the parts 👍.

I haven't posted for a while but that doesn't mean we haven't been busy. :)
The MOT got extended automatically in April but I booked ours in for June. It passed with no issues, other than the garage not remembering it was running on LPG and they couldn't understand why the readings were a bit off!

Following the MOT I ordered new discs and pads all round, new rear ARB bushes and a set of boot struts. All fitted this week and there's now no more brake judder and we won't crack our heads on the boot again. They're about 8 inches longer and really strong; I nearly got taken with the boot door the first time I opened it. Lol.

We also found an air con leak from the front and discovered that a replacement Y shaped pipe was needed from Japan. So it's on order for now - not a cheap job I might add but we want our air con working again.

Many thanks to @BMR for the advice and parts. :)

In other news we bought an electric car for dog free journeys and commuting to work. The Elgrand has been upgraded to dog duties, holidays and long trips. I'll never have to put diesel in a car again and providing we can continue to get LPG that's about as environmentally friendly as we can get without giving up our vehicles.

Had my puncture fixed and put wheel back on been running around with my spare on the last few days I'm happy now :) off work tomorrow might clean the beast if weather is kind😊

Booked in to have Custom stripes made and applied. Tried to do it myself but not good enough so having done professionally
what you having done? any pics ?

Back