• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Finely got round to fitting my replacement leds all working as it should now and while I had it all in bits added my glitter sparkles and clearcoat to match the rest of my trim20200710_143952.jpg:)

Took longer than I thought to sort the wiring but got there in the end. TowTrust instructions were quite clear on what to connect where👍

@Chrispbrock i don't suppose you've got a copy of the tow trust wiring instructions? I've just bought a second hand one with electrics kit but no instructions

Replaced, repaired electrical wiring. The engine starts without vibration, the engine speed is normal.
New challenge from El. Welding time.

Replaced, repaired electrical wiring. The engine starts without vibration, the engine speed is normal.
Seems one thing after another, shame about the welding.

There was no welding. This tore off the spar. Welding is yet to be.
Yes, I meant shame it has to be done but you're dedicated and good at that sort of thing so I'm sure you'll have it soon completed :grinning:

Yes, I meant shame it has to be done but you're dedicated and good at that sort of thing so I'm sure you'll have it soon completed :grinning:
I understand)) my English is not very good. I have no choice, I have to repair it myself) such breakdowns are common for old Japanese cars in Russia.

Can't drive the bus as front wheel bearing is on the way out. Getting changed on Tuesday, so bus is just going to sit there till I take it to the garage. Got a few things to do inside, change cracked double din facia and sort out the radio ariel , finish off putting new carpet in ready for new front seats/bases and rock and roll bed . May even start on repainting front bumper after the repair having just giving it a quick coat of black paint just to cover the repair till I can properly paint it .

Done.

After much hassle finally got a decent response from Nissan from Nissan UK over fuel gauge recall this as gone on from March, local dealer zilch their head office zilch. Nissan UK and Japan great. The bit that puzzled me was take it to dealer I tried to contact in first place had done this recall work before.

Dear Mr. Marshall,

Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services concerning the recall work for your Nissan.

I would like to raise a case for you and request you to provide us with the following information:

• Telephone-Landline:
  • Telephone-Mobile:
  • VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)/Chassis No.:
  • Model:
  • Where was the vehicle purchased from?:
  • Nissan service history: None/Partial/Full
  • Current Mileage:
  • Is this your first Nissan vehicle?:

Once we have this information we will then liaise with the relevant parties to resolve the issue at the earliest opportunity. We would like to reassure you of our best intentions and hope that we can resolve this matter with satisfaction.

In the meantime, to complete the recall work as soon as possible, I would recommend that you contact another dealership or preferably the one that you mentioned in your email who has dealt with a similar imported vehicle recall work before.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or queries using the contact details below.

Yours sincerely,

Reshmi

Customer Services

Last edited:
I finished it. I went to check in the forest to the river.

Back