• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

After being advised that I needed new discs and pads all round after an inspection at Kwik fit, they wanted 800£ + so I obviously told them to get stuffed. 😡
What, you didn't trust Kwik FIt? Very surprising. What on Earth's the world come too.
In fact, you might like to re-consider, go back to the Kwik FIt place and apologize.

I once had a pair of tyres fitted to my old Volvo at Kwik Fit and had the tracking done at the same time. Shortly after I took it to another garage for some other work and asked them to do their free tracking check while it was in. Guess what! They said it needed adjusting, so I don't trust any of them.

I once had a pair of tyres fitted to my old Volvo at Kwik Fit and had the tracking done at the same time. Shortly after I took it to another garage for some other work and asked them to do their free tracking check while it was in. Guess what! They said it needed adjusting, so I don't trust any of them.
But don't tell me, adjusting it wouldn't be free

A few years ago, I had to get an MOT from Kwik Fit (My normal garage couldn't fulfil the appointment). The Kwik Fit was busy so I waited for my car to be done, strangely enough *every single* car that went in had, in addition to the rest of the work, a blown tail light. If a customer refused to have it fixed, the car was deemed to have failed its MOT.

A few years ago, I had to get an MOT from Kwik Fit (My normal garage couldn't fulfil the appointment). The Kwik Fit was busy so I waited for my car to be done, strangely enough *every single* car that went in had, in addition to the rest of the work, a blown tail light. If a customer refused to have it fixed, the car was deemed to have failed its MOT.
Shocking,
Plus that stuff on the TV a few years back.

Still though, why people go there is beyond me

No one goes = they go out of business.

One of those jobs I wish I hadn't started. Removed the wind deflectors today as one was flapping around, and the other is cracked. Not too sure if they're going to go back on yet🤔. If they do, they'll be wrapped in either pearl white or some generic Japanese print. 22 year old foam tape is an utter bastard to remove.
1000005702.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240428_162815377.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240428_162815377.MP.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 4
One of those jobs I wish I hadn't started. Removed the wind deflectors today as one was flapping around, and the other is cracked. Not too sure if they're going to go back on yet🤔. If they do, they'll be wrapped in either pearl white or some generic Japanese print. 22 year old foam tape is an utter bastard to remove.
View attachment 101321
IMG_4366.jpeg
👍

View attachment 101321
Took mine off, like it without now and yes I agree.....a bastard

View attachment 101321
I’ve got a couple of sets of deflectors if you’re looking for replacements

Think it's a case of what you haven't got you want, what you got you want something different. Person got curly hair, uses straighteners etc etc
I haven't got the deflectors, but I'd like them :D

Result.... Kwik Sh!t are feckin robdogs. I used Halfords/National Tyres today only because they where the only place locally that had the right size and could fit me in. TBH I was really shocked when the fitter wanted a word with me about the wheel bearings and didn't try to sell me new ones, don't think he will be there long if management find out 🤣

Edit: the nice young girl on reception also waived the "same day" fitting charge of £24.95 because of a bit of a long wait for fitting. She rolled her eyes and said "I don't know what the fcuk this charge is all about, but I've cancelled it" She won't be there much longer either 🤣
Always nice to have a bit of Halfords discount. I used to work there in my younger days before all this we fit and auto centres. Always helped to fit bulbs and wipers etc for free, but most of the time got a tip. No longer there but we're happy times as was only 17 with all mates there. One of the most fun jobs testing out the bikes and stereos all before CCTV cameras were in abundance. 🤣 Anyways went off topic then, glad you got sorted and they didn't rip you off as most places seem to do these days.

Ours didn't have them.

Are they worth having and if so how much are they?
They are good if you want some fresh air in and it's raining, you can open the windows that little bit and not get wet. The downside I find is they add extra wind noise at speed.

Back