• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I'm still only 2 weeks into ownership and still much to learn but vert happy today as I fixed two things!

1. My key fob stopped working, for a day it was intermittent then completely dead. I presumed a dead battery so swapped them but it was still barely working. I took the keyfob apart and noticed that two of the contacts looked a bit dirty. After a little clean the key is working perfectly again.

2. I finally got the Bluetooth connected. I'd repeatedly followed the YouTube vid but was getting no joy. Eventually I realised that the cars Bluetooth is only live on one particular screen during the registration process. Looking forward to blasting some music from my phone tomorrow.

New cabin filters and aircon bomb, then fitted new K@N panel filter and a Nismo oil filler cap. Cabin smells good and 0-60 time reduced by at least a second! ;)

Last edited:
I got to drive my Elgrand today! Around 100 miles as I needed to run some Cataclean through the system in case the cats* got contaminated by the crap petrol that caused the breakdown.

* Obviously it's impossible to not say Elgrand and cat in the same sentance :laughing:

* Obviously it's impossible to not say Elgrand and cat in the same sentance :laughing:
No no no no no no no--yes it is

No word of a lie but as I typed that , next doors fucking" cat " screemed it's friggin lungs out right outside my patio window :mad:

Finally got my glow-in-the-dark cup holder inserts from China...dissinfected them first!

cupholder lights.jpg

(Reminder...must buy decent camera...)

Put the new back door struts on (with the help of the missus - well she put them on while i held the door up) see https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/boot-tail-lift.12329/ I reckon the boot goes 6ins higher now :)

Also put 85L of LPG in, for around £55.00 that gets us around 460kms local driving.

Sorry to hear that Ian, hope you get it sorted :)
Quick update...rear brake problem was one of the new pads was slightly too long and binding! Filed it down a bit and fine now. Front judder I realised was actually the power steering as you could feel it just by moving the steering wheel fractionally with car in park. Noticed ps fluid down the outside of the reservoir! Also seems to have too much fluid in there, can only think some dripped down onto a belt (total guess) when the front was jacked up.
After a couple of miles driving the judder has disappeared so fingers crossed! And to top it off...the A3 passed the MOT...back to being happy bunny again...I think!

What did I say about Spec Savers. I had the carpet up and couldn't see it. Thanks Claptrap, I will look again tomorrow.👍
Found it hidden under the middle seats heater vent. 👍 ;)

New cabin filters and aircon bomb, then fitted new K@N panel filter and a Nismo oil filler cap. Cabin smells good and 0-60 time reduced by at least a second!
Bloody good those Nismo oil filler caps!

Back