• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I managed to get an Amazon Fire TV stick working through the AUX input. A nice bonus was discovering the front screen works in motion too. There doesn’t seem to be a typical bypass button anywhere so must have had the adapter already installed behind the dvd nav box. Looks like I won’t be needing the wires I ordered from amazon.jp!

Not done it yet but I've got a tyre pressure monitoring system to put on and set up my dab+ on my double din. Before that I've already been out and given the bus a really good wash as the journey to and from tojomotors in the last couple of days has turned the bus from gleaming black to a horrible mucky brown/sand colour. just a quickie a big thanks to Steve and I think Paul at tojomotors for an excellent service , they were there till 21.00 on thursday just to make sure everything went to plane . Also bought and had fitted these new to me wheels. 😎👍

Attachments

• 20200131_095422.jpg
    20200131_095422.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 5
Ebay, lots of copies but the genuine ones are about 40 quid

Stripped down the tailgate and reinstated the original wiring for the factory number plate lighting system 💡💡
Now I’ve got working number plate lights...whey hey! 😀
Just got to refit the panel trim and curtain assembly. I’ll do that tomorrow —it’s dark out 😏

Attachments

• F7ABD12E-CDA2-4306-A404-92E3ACC137E2.jpeg
    F7ABD12E-CDA2-4306-A404-92E3ACC137E2.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 32809BBE-702A-4359-9DF6-9804F19F31F3.jpeg
    32809BBE-702A-4359-9DF6-9804F19F31F3.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 11
Just picked up my Elgrand and spent today trying to get it started after sitting for months, not managed to get it started. All I get is a few spins on the starter and then my car I'm jumping from stalls.

Just picked up my Elgrand and spent today trying to get it started after sitting for months, not managed to get it started. All I get is a few spins on the starter and then my car I'm jumping from stalls.
I can't hear the video but judging by the way the dashboard lights dim it doesn't look like you are getting enough power to turn the Elgrand over quickly enough to start.

yep its turning over very slowly, tried jumping it off my petrol Nissan skyline which isn't a very big battery and it just stalled it, even with the throttle wedged down to 4000rpm. I have the battery off now and I will try and get it fully charged, otherwise it's new battery time

yep its turning over very slowly, tried jumping it off my petrol Nissan skyline which isn't a very big battery and it just stalled it, even with the throttle wedged down to 4000rpm. I have the battery off now and I will try and get it fully charged, otherwise it's new battery time
If it won't take charge and if you have a spare battery I would hook it up to that for half an hour, it will balance the two batteries and may raise it enough for your charger. I've done it before and the dead battery has been good afterwards, not always the case but worth a try if possible.

I had my car running at high idle and jump leads connected for 20 minutes, then tried jumping, hopefully it will take some charge. I don't have a charger so I'll take it to my mates this week to charge, try starting it again next weekend!

Ignored it ;) it needs washing but it was raining, tomorrows another day though hopefully

Back