• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Threw the kids in the car drove to Canberra 4hrs to a Wake/Memorial....then drove home. 3 adults and 4 kids on board enjoying the comfort.

Looks like it's a thing in the harley world.

Hello, what cleaner/conditioner did you use?

I used these. Couldn't remember the names, so had photograph them! Someone recommended them on the Porsche forum and I got them for my Boxster's leather interior, which was a much softer nappa leather and they worked a treat on that too. I have used autoglym as well, but found these better on both cars. I think you can get them on amazon.

IMG_20200120_164253.jpg

Be interested in conversion details what sort of mileage do you get is that what it is in your signature? 14?

Hi, @Lpgc (Simon) did the conversion so he can fill you in. http://www.lpgc.co.uk/ TBH, he did such a good job the conversion is hardly noticeable in the engine bay :)

The mileage is interesting. I've only filled up 3 times. The MPG is lower with LPG, BUT the comparison of cost is much better.
138 miles used to cost around 55 quid, now we are around 30.
The fuelly link in my sig is us keeping a track on things.

Hi, @Lpgc (Simon) did the conversion so he can fill you in. http://www.lpgc.co.uk/ TBH, he did such a good job the conversion is hardly noticeable in the engine bay :)

The mileage is interesting. I've only filled up 3 times. The MPG is lower with LPG, BUT the comparison of cost is much better.

You pretty much summed it up with "138 miles used to cost around 55 quid, now we are around 30" :)

Mpg depends more on type of driving (round the doors, slow/fast, motorway cruising at various speeds, etc) a lot more than it depends on whether you're driving on petrol or LPG. Driving on LPG you might get 10% less mpg than driving on petrol but LPG costs around half price of petrol.

In a different type of driving (e.g. a steady motorway cruise) you might get 20+ mpg r

If you only get 14mpg running on LPG it would be because you'd only get maybe 15mpg on petrol with the same type of driving.

You pretty much summed it up with "138 miles used to cost around 55 quid, now we are around 30" :)

Mpg depends more on type of driving (round the doors, slow/fast, motorway cruising at various speeds, etc) a lot more than it depends on whether you're driving on petrol or LPG. Driving on LPG you might get 10% less mpg than driving on petrol but LPG costs around half price of petrol.

In a different type of driving (e.g. a steady motorway cruise) you might get 20+ mpg r

If you only get 14mpg running on LPG it would be because you'd only get maybe 15mpg on petrol with the same type of driving.

Thanks both of you. Yes the old man has had lpg on his Patrol for almost 20yrs so wanting to know the Elgrand specifics :). Its around half the price of petrol in Australia...around. I remember when first converted it was like 25c in places a litre nowadaysup around 90c which is a lot cheaper than petrol and if only a small change in consumption its way ahead.

Is this an injected system?

Today.... I did my first front cat de-core... compete core removal in one piece along with the compression ring then welded back up. Good as new but empty!
View attachment 29147

SUPERB....and... now we just need a price for the next set :)

Out of interest, will you be doing this pre sales or just sticking to the rears?

Today.... I did my first front cat de-core... compete core removal in one piece along with the compression ring then welded back up. Good as new but empty!
View attachment 29147

Just to clarify... before everyone gets excited... these were sent to me in the post, I didn’t get the spanners out!
But it means I have a good set to exchange on a mail order basis and I’m still hopeful that I can convince my preferred mechanic to do the swap for those that want them fitted.

Out of interest, will you be doing this pre sales or just sticking to the rears?
I’m going to continue to do the rears as standard, the fronts involve more costs, all being well, it can be done in the future but it will cost a bit extra

Strictly speaking it was on Sunday but I managed to clear the pit stop warning screen using the info on here (my OH refuses to believe that I did it myself), also applied Gummi pflege to the door rubbers to protect and help prevent the dreaded frost sticking them shut.

It’s a bit more involved than the rears, more cutting and welding, so for mail order it will be £150 on an exchange basis. I haven’t got a fitted price yet.

Still, looking forward to hearing future updates :cool:

Back