• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Washed my Elgrand!

She was a tad dirty after trips on three different car transporters and worked on by three differnt mechanics... but at least she's running again.:party::heart_eyes::party: Will post the story when I have time but right now I'm just about to go for a drive :)

Cheers,
John

Moved my rear Nextbase cam down into the centre of the window so when the wiper is on it cleans in front of it.
Removed both wind deflector and re applied new 3M adhesive.
Cleaned the inside.
What a numpty 😱😱😱
Realised that 2 of my winter tyres were on the wrong corners ( going in the wrong direction (directional tread)) changed them over.

Moved my rear Nextbase cam down into the centre of the window so when the wiper is on it cleans in front of it.
Removed both wind deflector and re applied new 3M adhesive.
Cleaned the inside.
What a numpty 😱😱😱
Realised that 2 of my winter tyres were on the wrong corners ( going in the wrong direction (directional tread)) changed them over.
Sounds like a busy day!!!

continuing on batteries - i fitted this one a few weeks ago - larger than standard size, 95Ah, but easy to fit with the high level fuse box unclipped and moved to one side.
no problems and good cold start spec.,
EB955 EXIDE EXCELL CAR BATTERY 250SE,
around £70 from an ebay source, fast delivery, 3 year guarantee.

- what else - well since battery change and original problems with the old battery, my 2.5 HWS (2007) has been running at super fast idle, and running, needing constant control with braking... bit like a runaway train at times.....!
- a bit dubious , as im no electrical epxert, but today carried out out the throttle/accelerator "relearn" procedure suggested elsewhere on this forum..
Unbelievbly - and amazing success, and after the procedure - a totally transformed beast... Easy idle at around 700-750, no engine racing downhill etc.... a happy New Year to all !!
Oh, well done! 🙌 ! Only took delivery of mine this month...and excessive idle speed—about 950rpm—was instantly recognisable. I’ve barely had the time navigate all its goodies let alone learn the ‘pedal dance’ 🕺 especially with this ridiculously long bout of bad weather🌧❄🌬💨☔🥶

I had my rear springs replaced with 25% uprated ones today and the ride and handling are much better now.
It also means that the gap between the tyre and the wheel arch has increased by a couple of inches.
The back end is higher too so that makes filling with LPG a bit easier.
The mechanic said the old springs were OK but being a camper it didn't sit right for me.
Much better now. Anyone need some NE51 springs?

Replaced interior bulbs with white LED
Finished Installing Eonon double din, Dab+ GPS etc
Installed integrated QC USB3/12v switchable supply to boot in the panel with factory 12v supply.
Installed Xaomi Mi box S running off above power supply connected to rear RCA sockets and fully set up with Retroarch for gaming/netflix etc (great little box for £60).
Set up screen mirroring from Eonon to Mi box so that i can have sat nav up on factory fitted screen (easier to see).
installed ODB2 Bluetooth adaptor and set up NDS2 on head uinit.

Bloody good day..........

To Do:
Look into changing both factory screens (as they are shocking) for something else.......probably go down the route of touch screens with a rewire of the car back to the Mi box but need to find the magic box that integrates the air con feed etc and see whats what.
Fix fuel gauge

Ever since I have had the Elgrand the water for window rear washer has just trickled down the window. Last fortnight ago it stopped running at all. so I have been poking fuse wire up the jets to clear it, it worked till it rained and the then stopped. So this afternoon beeing the coldest day so far, I decided to bite the bullet and take off the back trim that hide the tubes and wires, didn't realise how easy it was. Now I see what the problem was all this time. The tube that feeds the jets was kinked at a right angle. Stupid design fault I think. So if you are suffering the same problem as I did try this. I am so pleased with myself:blush:o_O👍

So begins the repair process from Sunday's hit'n'run...

Bumper off, managed to sort out the horizontal strip which was twisted and bent downwards, bumper mount to be delivered by Steve at TojoMotors even though I've tried my best, I just can't quite get it back into shape.

IMG_3071.jpg

Thankfully nothing major on the repair to the plastic bumper, this time I'm re-enforcing it with fibre glass as did @Teach

IMG_3072.jpg

The roar grill's had it though, there's no way I'm giving this a butchers, a second hand one has been ordered from Croooober.

IMG_3074.jpg

Jetwashed an unbelievably thick layer of salt off it (driven 24 miles since I last did the same), then spent 2.5 hours cleaning black and green grime out of the door shuts. Went inside so I could feel my hands again then Gummi pflege'd all the door rubbers. No one will ever notice... But everyone notices if your crevices are filthy and your rubber splits 🤣

Down at tojomotors getting front cats done , also spent more money buying some wheels, I knew it would cost me more coming down here but hey ho , needs must . 😎👍

Attachments

• 20200131_095422.jpg
    20200131_095422.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 2
Unfortunately I aggravated my back injury and am still laid up, so haven’t been able to do any more to the Elgrand. Still, the weather has been awful so I can’t complain.
Similar thing here slipped in November and went down like a ton of bricks badley dislocated my shoulder took them ages to get it back in very nearly an opp to put it back. Done ligaments and stretched tendons so on a slow recovery to get things right loads to do on the Elgrand. Want to give her another coat of underseal and fit Towbar and give a service. But Black Bess will have to wait. Hope things improve for you

Back