• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Phew, I gotta have a lie down after reading that. Thought I’d give Ely a quick wash while it was overcast, (big mistake turned out to be a scorcher).
Rinse,
Snow foam,
Soak,
Rinse,
Snow foam, followed by hand wash,
Bilt Hamber wheel clean,
Final rinse, by now scorcher, to hot to polish and the cold San Miguel are calling.
Decided a token Demon Shine would have to suffice,
Hand towel dry, looks ok,
KNACKERED.
I takemine to the polish people

So, for the last two weeks my wife has been using my Elgrand whilst she has been staying at her grand parents farm( it's an annual visit) leaving me with her Peugeot 207. Today I arrived back at the farm after a particularly grueling week and what do I find? No not a puncture like I did last weekend 🤨. She had washed it for me. No t a brilliant job, but what a nice thought.

Last edited:
So, for the last two weeks my wife has been using my Elgrand whilst she has been staying at her grand parents farm( it's an annual visit) leaving me with her Peugeot 207. Today I arrived back at the farm after a particularly grueling week and what do I find? No not a punch like I did last weekend 🤨. She had washed it for me. No a brilliant job, but what a nice thought.
Bless

Took mine for a cruise after cleaning the MAF sensor and changing the power steering fluid and cleaning pipes.
Wow the difference after cleaning the MAF is crazy;

• Better fuel consumption
• Cleaner exhaust tip (All the soot has now gone)
• sounds quieter or maybe my imagination
• A lot smoother
• Starts better

I read on an old Nissan forum that was talking about Elgrands in 2012 how MAF sensors are one of the most neglected parts on an Elgrand, he seemed to know his stuff maybe I can find the link he was very knowledgeable and this was in 2012!! lol

Anyway anyone that hasn't cleaned theirs make it a priority, well worth doing for a sake of a tenner for the cleaner! Mine looked clean when I took it off but thought hey lets clean it anyway, there was a fair amount of grime on the mesh though I noticed!

Gunna try and do the white one next!

P.S. steering leak looks not so worrying at the mo, no sign of leaks except for a slight wettness around the top hose that connects to the steering fluid reservoir!

So today saw a nice little road trip to get some part in Leeds. Left Newport at 5am and arrived at 8:30. Stretched out before dismantling and obtaining the following
Front Grill
Front lights Pair
All rear lights
Two front seats
Returned back to cover a total distance of 450miles.
I saw two other Ellie’s both waved and flashed one in morning one in afternoon somewhere on the M1.
Now admiring the parts before and fitment tomoz.
Think I am gonna sleep well.

Attachments

• 712D137A-A17E-4266-BE0F-311715A44CE3.jpeg
    712D137A-A17E-4266-BE0F-311715A44CE3.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 27
  • B695F5FA-ED72-4F67-A816-24747317C0C7.jpeg
    B695F5FA-ED72-4F67-A816-24747317C0C7.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 3E9CAF20-B748-4407-AFFF-2D3347F4D4D3.jpeg
    3E9CAF20-B748-4407-AFFF-2D3347F4D4D3.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 30
Wow the difference after cleaning the MAF is crazy;

• Better fuel consumption
• Cleaner exhaust tip (All the soot has now gone)
• sounds quieter or maybe my imagination
• A lot smoother
• Starts better

It's nuts right?

Nope not by me and Ive owned it since 2016, it is extremely good on emissions and no soot out the back but I am still gunna have a peak when I have the time! ;)
Could you post a couple of photos next time for those of us who can tell our MAFs from our CPSs :)

Back