• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Took the silver one to pieces...
Steering fluid reservoir to steering pump pipe leaking again on the silver Elgrand! Hoping its the clips so gunna try replacing them hopefully with jubilee clips, but such a pain to access them to replace! lol
Also gunna clean the MAF Sensor as its never been cleaned and currently the fuel consumption is a lot more than my white one and the performance also does not feel as good so I am hoping the MAF Sensor is dirty!!
Took off one side of door rubbers and cleaned all the sh*t away, looks virtually brand new underneath once done! o_O

New tyres on. Road noise is substantially better now. Bushes are shot. Guess dealers going to be having words with his mechanic.

HvKfIoA.jpg

D35bY7C.jpg

Removed the MAF Sensor and was surprised at how clean it actually looked! Cleaned it anyway with this which the local car shop said was for MAF Sensors, I really hope he was right as it did not evaporate quite how I thought, but now looks okay after 10 mins!

Can anyone tell me if this was okay??!

IMG_9374.JPG

Seriously putting the MAF sensor back I now have messed up the huge jubillee clip trying to reinstall!!! :mad::mad: How tight a gap to fit!!!

I think ive nearly finish for this year jobs..
What Ive done so far and think this is enough for Nelly......for now..... ;-)
  • Full respray
  • Sunbed
  • Oil & filter
  • lpg service & remap
  • Sunbed
  • Rocker cover gaskets
  • Sunbed
  • Sunbed
  • Custom made.. rear spoiler
  • Front cats decorded
  • Custom mate exhaust
  • Sunbed
  • Sunbed
  • Front bushes and ball joints
  • New pads all around..
  • Sunbed
  • Aircon refilled
  • Caliper refurbished
  • Sunbed
  • Sunbed
  • Sunroof tinted
  • Sunbed
  • Sunbed
  • Sunbed
  • Next year jobs
  • Sunbed
  • Bad boy bonnet
  • Custom made lower spoiler
  • Custom made seat covers
  • Sunbed
  • Sunbed
  • Custom made VIP roof
  • And sunbed too...🤣🤣🤣
  • If I remember I could add more time will tell..

Bit more sun bed required mes thinks 👍

What happened to beer. 😂😂

I wouldn't, mind a sunbed for my bus, were did you get yours from:cool::cool:

Yesterday I changed the NSR wheel bearing.

Previously on different days I have...

Changed NSF wheel bearing

Swapped the very low coil-over suspension my Elgrand came with to standard struts at the front, new rear springs and shockers at the rear.
At the same time as fitting the rear springs/shockers I fitted airbag spring assisters.

Fitted a new ABS sensor at NSF, broke it during swapping the NSF wheel bearing. When it was broken it caused the ABS not to work (obviously) and also caused the 4wd not to work even after fitting the replacement ABS sensor. *The 4wd started working again by itself after I'd had the battery off for a long time during fitting the engine (mentioned below).

Fitted loads of new wheel studs... Seems the previous owner(s) had cross-threaded and/or over-torqued at some points and threads on about half my wheel studs were knackered. Fitted a locking wheel nut on each wheel.

Fitted another engine after my original engine was damaged by the cat problem. The original engine used quite a bit of oil, the replacement engine doesn't :). Spot of luck sourcing the engine - Someone on this forum wanted some parts collected from a Yorkshire scrapyard taken off an Elgrand that had been rolled, Dan the vicar on this forum recommended me to the guy who wanted the parts collecting, that guy got in touch with me, turned out the scrapyard was only 2 miles from me, when I went to collect the bits for him I saw the rolled Elgrand and it still had it's engine. The rolled Elgrand belonged to a local garage owner's son so I got to know the car and engine's history. Got the engine very cheap and it's a good 'un with lower mileage than my original engine... Did someone a favour and it ended up I did myself an even bigger favour! *Also the 4wd started working again all by itself without clearing error codes stored in the 4wd module :) :)
Decored all 4 cats while fitting the engine

Fitted a couple of new CV gaitors. Changed grease in all CV joints (inner and outer so 8 in total on my 4wd)

Fitted the towbar

Converted to LPG (of course!)

Replaced the very blue headlight bulbs mine had in it when I bought it with 'normal' spec bulbs. The blue bulbs were great for seeing reflective signs at long range but comparatively very poor at illuminating the road. I find standard colour temp bulbs better, probably don't look as cool but do the job they're there for better and don't cause other drivers to think an emergency service vehicle is approaching... And if you're approaching a vehicle from behind and they see blue lights they'll probably slow down a bit causing you to slow down a bit too - a couple of reasons there for blue lights to be considered a go slower mod! I find blue lights on other cars can sometimes be a bit annoying/misleading... Is that an ambulance approaching from the front a mile away? Then they get closer and no it's just a boy racer with the front of his car going up and down sending me blue flashes, he can't see the road as well as he might and probably couldn't tell my make/model of vehicle but could probably read my front number plate even from that range lol. I don't want to do the same to other drivers.

Replaced/fitted interior bulbs. My Elgrand came with a variety of different brightness/spec bulbs. First I tried some very cheap replacement Chinese made LED bulbs but they were woefully dim, finally replaced them with normal filament bulbs from Halfords. 3 Different designs of bulbs for interior lights and most corner shop type motorists shops don't stock any that will fit.

Fixed the aircon system - mine had the leak in the usual place and this was with a 3 part front to rear AC pipe already fitted (so seemingly already replaced once and failed again). Bought a 2 part pipe in vgc from Stevemen when I visited him and also got a spare rear heater box from him. When I earlier disconnected the failed AC pipe from the rear condenser the retaining bolt snapped so I thought it best to have a spare rear evaporator in case my re-drilled and re-tapped thread in the original evap didn't work, I only thought I needed a spare evap but Stevemen gave me a complete but cracked rear heater box with AC evap and heater matrix. Turned out I needed a rear heater matrix too because the drain pipe snapped off my rear heater matrix during removal (it had also corroded). Bit of a job to replace the rear heater box on an Elgrand but very simple to swap the evap and matrix when the box is out. The rearmost section of the 2 part front to rear AC pipe is the same length and shape as the rearmost 2 sections of the 3 part section.. so I didn't need to change the full length of pipe, just replaced my rearmost 2 sections with a single rearmost section of the replacement pipe. But don't forget most Elgrands have a single section pipe running all the way from front to back so the exact same wouldn't be possible for most people (even if they could source another 2 or 3 part front to rear pipe).

Complete fluids change.

Swapped the stereo it arrived with (I suspect an early 2000s top of the range system 2xsingleD interfaced together.. Panasonic with DVD/CD/Minidisc/flip out touch screen.. but which had an intermittent fault where it became totally unresponsive, menu's in Japanese and had the Jap frequency band) with a fairly cheap new Pioneer double din touchscreen unit and got the factory fitted sub working with it.

Several good cleans / polishes / claybar / tar removal (WD40 lol) / leather cleaned

De-yellowed the headlights using wet n dry paper and machine polish with T cut

Now it's looking and driving more like the van I wanted rather than seeming a relatively poor example.

Last edited:
Phew, I gotta have a lie down after reading that. Thought I’d give Ely a quick wash while it was overcast, (big mistake turned out to be a scorcher).
Rinse,
Snow foam,
Soak,
Rinse,
Snow foam, followed by hand wash,
Bilt Hamber wheel clean,
Final rinse, by now scorcher, to hot to polish and the cold San Miguel are calling.
Decided a token Demon Shine would have to suffice,
Hand towel dry, looks ok,
KNACKERED.

Got busy on the bus this week.
Wednesday, installed an Android head unit (Atoto A6 Pro).
Today is Saturday and she has new lower control arms with fresh, rubber bushes and ball joints.

Back